Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Most Unplayable Maverick of the Week
Thumbs Down 
Here's your place, haters, to identify and pile on the Maverick who's existence is standing between us and multiple NBA championships.

Maybe he single-handedly lost us the game last night, and you're sick and tired of seeing him brick those open shots.

Perhaps you were passed over for an NBA GM job, and you've been bitter ever since.  You really DO know better.   Here's your chance to share your wisdom with us all.

Maybe you're on your fourth marriage, and still haven't found a woman good enough for you.  Channel all that angst and bitterness onto the Maverick you're hating most, right now.  Tell us how vaporizing that one player off the face of the planet could solve all the Mavs' problems, and maybe your personal ones, too!

Remember, this thread is for players only.  Maybe we can start a different one for front office / ownership hate.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • Mapka, The Jom
Like Reply
I'd like to nominate Maxi this week.

What a deadbeat!  Goose eggs in the box score!  And we're paying how many millions for zero production?

I remember back when the Mavericks signed him, and how it ruined my entire year.  

I think he was also responsible for Dirk's decline.  Probably fed him bratwurst from Wurzburg.

His beard looks really dorky, too.
Like Reply
Lol I like this thread.

My current favorite to critique is Reggie Bullock. Dude WTF is wrong with him.

How many games where he just flat out bricks everything and then does nothing on defense? 

His hair is dorky too.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Jaden Hardy.  He was spotted in Vegas this week.  WTF!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(12-22-2022, 02:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: His hair is dorky too.

A theme among players that cannot or forgot how to shoot. Still convinced that it ruined the shooting form of Elfrid Payton and Iman Shumpert.
But I guess in Bullock´s case we have enough evidence of him shooting well with the same hairstyle in the past two seasons.
Like Reply
(12-22-2022, 03:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: A theme among players that cannot or forgot how to shoot. Still convinced that it ruined the shooting form of Elfrid Payton and Iman Shumpert.
But I guess in Bullock´s case we have enough evidence of him shooting well with the same hairstyle in the past two seasons.

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...8417113088

Based on this stat alone and the fact 2 other players careers were destroyed by their hair, the answer is clear to me. Cubes has to shave off Reggies head.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, RGP1981
Like Reply
My three biggest gripes with the Mavericks right now, in this order, are:

1) Mark Cuban (can probably write this one at #1 in ink)
2) Jason Kidd
3) Reggie Bullock

McGee would edge out Bullock if he were playing, but Kidd finally figured that one out.
Like Reply
Gonna have to go with Josh Green this week.

Mavs are unbeaten over their last six games.  Green has been out.

Coincidence?  I think not!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-01-2023, 12:06 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Gonna have to go with Josh Green this week.

Mavs are unbeaten over their last six games.  Green has been out.

Coincidence?  I think not!

Yeah, those losers Finney-Smith and Maxi have to go to. Sad
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Going to go a bit unconventional here and say AJ Lawson.

Could only get 1 minute of playing time for a reason! U-N-P-L-A-Y-A-B-L-E
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Seems like I've noticed lots of posts lately nominating Powell, Green, or Timmy. But also some strong defenders of said players.

Can't we just pick someone to hate together?
Like Reply
It is Dwight Powell. Each and every game. There is no other choice. He is by far the worst player on the team. He might be one of the worst players over 6'6" in the NBA.

But he may also be one of the nicest humans ever. So there's that.
[-] The following 4 users Like Nowitzki Way's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, MrGoat, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Josh Green takes the garland for players 6'6" and under...
[-] The following 3 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
(11-21-2023, 03:31 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Josh Green takes the garland for players 6'6" and under...

You may be correct. 

But i did just find out that the Lakers have some random guard named D'Moi Hodge on their roster.  He has to be the worst.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nowitzki Way's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
This last week unfortunately has to be Markieff Morris. Played a whopping total of 9 minutes for the season!!
Like Reply
How bad does Richaun Holmes have to be to not take some of Powell's minutes? He looks fine in garbage time but they only play him garbage time

On the season, defensive rating:

Holmes: 106.3
Lively: 114.0 (impressive with so many minutes on this roster)
Luka: 116.1
Team: 118.2
Kyrie: 120.3
Powell: 125.2

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/advanc...1610612742&dir=A&sort=DEF_RATING
Like Reply
Have we seen many Lively/Maxi minutes yet?

Is there any chance Lively and Maxi hold down the paint better than we think they can?

Are Powell's metrics so good that his new contract warrants his chair?

Is THJ's contract digestible based on recent play? Is it sustainable if so? Are the bad shots and possession killing shots not so bad you dont coach him to stop them? He has kept us in games this year...but still bad shots, selfish shots and possession killing shots stigmatize this dude. Is he even tradable based on his on court behavior and the Mavs refusing to red light him? Whos fault is that if hes untradable...Tim's or the Mavs bad coaching letting him have a constant green light? Id rather have Tim than Lavine due to Lavine being injury prone and contract...but is Tim not able to be reigned in shot wise? If not...move him unless you cant. If thats the case...tell him you will call a timeout and bench him if he is being selfish or killing possessions. Is that not doable?

To a lesser extent Green. Flaws. Just like Maxi, Dwight and THJ. At least this kid tries and hides his flaws and just wants jumpers from behind the arc.

Im willing to give Maxi another try...preferably before TDL. See if him and Lively can defend paint well. But the answer to your question is 4 fold...not a singularity. Its Maxi, Dwight based on overall skill...and THJ and Green based on weird flaws.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Markieff Morris is the only useless Maverick.  The most remarkable thing he's done in the past 3 years is take a cheap shot at Jokic.  Then he became a victim when Jokic retaliated.  That's the guy we brought in for toughness.

If we didn't sign Morris, we would have had a roster spot for a useful player like Biyombo or Theis.  Or we'd still have a place for a useful player like Wenyen Gabriel or Hamidou Diallo.  Instead, we have Markieff Morris which is like having rotten piece of fruit on the bench.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, mvossman
Like Reply
(11-21-2023, 09:30 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: Markieff Morris is the only useless Maverick.  The most remarkable thing he's done in the past 3 years is take a cheap shot at Jokic.  Then he became a victim when Jokic retaliated.  That's the guy we brought in for toughness.

If we didn't sign Morris, we would have had a roster spot for a useful player like Biyombo or Theis.  Or we'd still have a place for a useful player like Wenyen Gabriel or Hamidou Diallo.  Instead, we have Markieff Morris which is like having rotten piece of fruit on the bench.

He is in the locker room to tell the team that Kidd and Dudley are great. No matter how bad the defensive scheme is. No matter how bad the inbound plays are.
Considering that we haven't seen an open mutiny since he joined the team he is having an MVP level impact.
Like Reply
DP
DP
DP
DP
DP
DP

and of course Josh Green.

and Coach Kidd, we have no identity...
Like Reply