Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 32: DAL (16-16) @ MIN (16-16) | 104-99 win
Don't look now but 5 players in double digit scoring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
As many of us have been predicting since the summer, surrounding Luka/Wood with shooters makes for great spacing and a difficult offense to defend.

The Minnesota coach called this timeout to make sure his players know that Bullock is the guy to leave open, I bet.

Yep…thankfully, he finally hit one!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant
Like Reply
And another!
Like Reply
1 more and he'll be the 6th player in double digits and move his 3% to a more respectable level for the game.
Like Reply
Woodblocked!
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 10:12 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Woodblocked!

Probably the best example of rim protection from a Maverick Center this season, and it came from Wood.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 10:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Probably the best example of rim protection from a Maverick Center this season, and it came from Wood.
This season? I think at least a few years. I don't remember Maxi blocking anyone like that, just straight up.
Like Reply
Not to mention that they are getting much better looks down the stretch tonight, make or miss, than they normally do in close games.

How anyone can watch this and not realize that it is the team’s best chance to establish an offensive identity is beyond me.

Jesus, free throws, guys
Like Reply
Two timeouts and no one thinks to use one.  Let's give it to Timmy because he's known for splitting double teams and making the smart pass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 10:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: How anyone can watch this and not realize that it is the team’s best chance to establish an offensive identity is beyond me.

You don't even need to WATCH to know that Luka+Wood is the obvious pairing to build around with the current roster. 

So frustrating.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 10:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don't remember Maxi blocking anyone like that, just straight up.

I think you're underestimating the "Wall of Würzburg," but if you're making a point in favor of Wood being a center, it's whatever - I'll take it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 01:17 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Minnesota's a very inconsistent team. And Rodney Mott isn't officiating this one.

I was right. No Rodney Mott meant we had a real chance even without a top tier effort
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 10:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think you're underestimating the "Wall of Würzburg," but if you're making a point in favor of Wood being a center, it's whatever - I'll take it.
I wasn't comparing the two, I just think that block is the best Mavs C block we've seen in a LONG time. I do remember a couple Maxi chase down blocks on a fast break but that was a few years ago. This was a straight, in your face, I'm gonna dunk on you and there's nothing you can do about it and going away getting erased. Was commentary on the quality of block, not who is a better shot blocker.

Not gonna turn my distaste for Maxi's contract into a dislike of him and his game...when he will be in the game going forward...
Like Reply
Not pretty but maybe that is exactly what they need right now. Winning a game when things aren´t going as they want. Offense isn´t in rhythm for long stretches.
Probably the best effort I have seen in the last couple of weeks. They stayed in the game despite another terrible shooting night and rewarded themself in the 4th quarter.
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 10:03 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Don't look now but 5 players in double digit scoring.

Wish we could count on that being sustainable, at least sometimes damn....
Like Reply
Minnesota's a very inconsistent team. 

Dallas hasn't been either.   Both teams have the same record.  It's like looking in the mirror.
Like Reply