Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 30: DAL (15-15) @ CLE (20-11) | 99-100 loss
Watching all the bandhandlers on the floor and not the insufficient interior defense by Powell, Bertans and McGee. It´s so obvious that if they want to win this year, they need to find another center and just let Hardy/Ntilikina/Kemba on the floor.

It should be

Doncic/Dinwiddie/Ntilikina
Green/Kemba+Hardy (splitting games/time)
THJ/Bullock
DFS/Kleber
Wood/Powell + PF/C (Saric makes some sense here)
Like Reply
Rough turnaround there for Hardy. Bad shot, followed by losing his man in transition.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 08:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m sorry. I know Wood makes mental mistakes, but I think his defense is pretty GOOD when he’s locked in.

yeah just need some solid effort
needs to grab a few of the rebounds that would have been an offensive rebound last year and that can kind of negate some of the layups his errors will give up
Like Reply
Ugh. McGee is in. Was hoping Wood would go 48.

So far, this hasn’t blown nearly as hard as I expected.
Like Reply
We know Hardy can score, but can he do anything else? That steal was pretty good. I'm looking to see if he can do literally anything besides score. Lots of guys can get buckets, he'll have to do more than that to really stick in the league though.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 08:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ugh. McGee is in. Was hoping Wood would go 48.

So far, this hasn’t blown nearly as hard as I expected.

just wish Luka was out there 
Seems about as healthy as he can be at this point of the season. I don't get the decision to skip this game at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Seeing the positive impact of Kemba, the negative impact of McGee, and the Knicks now 9-5 with Grimes starting: if Kemba/Noel/Grimes for Brunson was ever on the table, the MBT better bury all the evidence. Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
I thing I know for sure: Theo Pinson is not an NBA player. Pure vibes guy.
Like Reply
Pinson is about as useful as a cheerleader on the floor. Get Dorsey or Wright his minutes.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 08:42 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I thing I know for sure: Theo Pinson is not an NBA player. Pure vibes guy.

Yeah, I owe @"ItsGoTime" an apology for that one. I really thought Pinson would be an asset on nights like this when they needed a long guard/forward from the deep bench. He has been the worst player on the court tonight, so far.

He wasted a few rare good McGee defensive possessions.
Like Reply
 the effort is there. just a lack of talent. feels like a 15 point Cavs run could happen at any moment 
Like Reply
That wood pass to bullock was gorgeous.
Like Reply
I think they actually hit a home run with Kemba. Some things are so obvious. There is a problem, if you pay a 33 year old four time All-Star on a bum knee 40/4. There ain´t a problem, if you pay him a one year veteran minimum to play 15 MPG off the bench. So often fans and even GMs can´t separate between the player and the contract.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 08:53 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I think they actually hit a home run with Kemba. Some things are so obvious. There is a problem, if you pay a 33 year old four time All-Star on a bum knee 40/4. There ain´t a problem, if you pay him a one year veteran minimum to play 15 MPG off the bench. So often fans and even GMs can´t separate between the player and the contract.

What he’s giving them tonight is a lot like what they’ve been missing without Brunson this year.
Like Reply
I used to really want Lavert in Dallas, but he’s a poster child for “that guy on that other team isn’t as good as you think he is.”
Like Reply
Kemba is not done! He's showing it all with the quickness, the speed...this isn't just a fluke shooting night where a player hits a ton of threes. He looks like he still has a ton of game left.
Like Reply
(12-17-2022, 09:02 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Kemba is not done! He's showing it all with the quickness, the speed...this isn't just a fluke shooting night where a player hits a ton of threes. He looks like he still has a ton of game left.

Totally agree, but unfortunately I don’t think his knee will cooperate like this every night.
Like Reply
Kemba has been great.  It is only one half, but liked his minutes much better than Hardaway's.   Different players.   But he looks in control out there.    There is a tough minutes crunch, but if he plays like this.....
Like Reply
I forgot Mitchell was even out there.
You'd think he would want to take out some revenge for last season
Like Reply
Kemba Walker do not go gentle into that good night, rage, rage against the dying of the light!
Like Reply