Poll: Who will win the game? (Clips 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
45.00%
9 45.00%
Clippers
55.00%
11 55.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 17: LAC (13-5) @ DAL (11-6) | 99-114 loss
Heart 
[Image: EKOsBFfUcAAkflp?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKOr7U6U4AA-fQD?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKOox2ZUYAAkhrC?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKOpGF8UwAAREta?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
It is crazy how Luka skews the scale on the TPA chart!  He is off on his own planet.  Mavs chart scale goes to 150 PA while the Clips chart scale only goes to 35.
Like Reply
This will be a huge test. Outside of Zubac all the other Clipper starters are excellent perimeter defenders and we will see how Luka will cope with that. I hope he won't let Bev get under his skin.
Like Reply
I'm glad everyone is healthy - this will be fun to see how our Mavs play against probably the best team built for the playoffs.
Like Reply
I wanna know, who's gonna deal with Harrell and Lou Will ?? Lou may be easier, depending on if his shot is falling. But Harrell is a different kind of problem, and he always plays well against the Mavs.
Like Reply
They are 1-4 as visitors, Harrell and Zubac are excellent offensive rebounders. Please focus on that DP. They don't drive to the rim that much (only dunks). Their 3-pt shooting is streaky with Patterson, Green, Harkless and Beverley (kinda like THJ, Maxi and DFS). If we win, KP will have a major part in it. GO MAVS.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 09:55 AM)dcon Wrote: I'm glad everyone is healthy - this will be fun to see how our Mavs play against probably the best team built for the playoffs.

Right now he is playing well against anyone. A great warrior under the rim, tbh. We have to pull him out with KP and Maxi as much as possible. DFS and DP have to contribute to the rebounds otherwise things can get ugly.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
On October 17th, the Mavs played the Clippers in Canada; albeit, it was a pre-season game, but still; the good guys won.

Sure, PG13/Bev weren't playing, but every one else was. Luka wasn't playing like he is yet, neither was KP defending like he is now; nor were our shooters actually shooting well - like they are now.

In that game, Mavs shot 45% vs 36%; 38% 3pt vs 24%.

Offensively, the Mavs shadow over the clippers. Nothing to be scared of there.

It's the defense that worries me. In that same game, Clippers forced 30 turnovers, had 15 steals, and also had 42 pts in the paint.

Needless to say; this game will be physical and we have trouble in physical games this year, again. 

If the 3 falls for us, we win this. If not, it could be a long night. 

GO Mavs!
Like Reply
I'm worried about Harrell going off for 20/20. That's going to be an indication of a lot of one-and-done possessions for DAL and a lot of 2nd chances for LAC.

Luka (and everyone else) has to keep their cool and get payback on the scoreboard.

I think Luka will do OK, but he needs everyone else playing well for the team to stay competitive. Best option here is to have another 45 pt. 1st quarter and make them play from behind.
Like Reply
This will be the greatest test Luka will face this year and possibly ever. PG-13, Kawhi and Beverly are ALL NBA defenders. The team is long and athletic. If he can hit his averages against the Clippers, that will be a great game for him. I don't expect 40 against the Clips. If we can handle how physical they will be, we can win. If we respond like against the Knicks, we're in trouble.
Like Reply
Give me KP vs Harrell. I think KP's mobility and his length can bother Trezz more than people expect.
Like Reply
No whining, sky-is-falling reactions permitted if we lose. The Clippers are a monster team.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 02:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No whining, sky-is-falling reactions permitted if we lose. The Clippers are a monster team.
I absolutely agree. I just look at this game as a good measuring stick. Clips are my favorite to win it all this year so I'm not expecting a win, but will sure be rooting for one.
Like Reply
Need Curry, THJ and KP to be money from 3. Cant survive a bad shooting night against this team when everyone on the floor can switch except for Lou.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 02:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No whining, sky-is-falling reactions permitted if we lose. The Clippers are a monster team.
If they lose, I'm blaming you for coming back earlier than you said! We are on a 5 game win streak after you left.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 02:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No whining, sky-is-falling reactions permitted if we lose.

Good luck with all that!!
Like Reply

Unless we emerge this year, they're the likely NBA champions.
Like Reply
Lets win this one! It won't be easy, looks Maxi could be out, that will not help.
I expect nothing but good BB game.
LAC are better and better and are on top of my list this season.
If we loose, I'll keep with @ItsGoTime's advice who to blame.
And compliment to Kamm for TPA charts on every game thread.
Like Reply
With Harrell shooting 60% at the FT line this season, there is no excuse for letting him score at the rim.  IMO, we have enough big men to be aggressive when he get the ball down low.  Make him earn it at the line.

Edit:  I was not aware that Maxi might not play, but perhaps tonight will be Boban time.
Like Reply
This should be a tough one. We've been playing some pretty bad defenses recently, that isn't the case here, especially if Kawhi doesn't load manage out of this one.

Watch out for Harrell too, he's the type of guy who can give us fits. Need a good game from KP and maybe DP, the Clippers' weakness is rim protection. No Boban would be disappointing against a team lacking size like the Clips
Like Reply