Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 29: POR (16-13) @ DAL (15-14) | 130-110 win
Just watched the highlights. Look, I know highlights don't tell the entire story, but what I saw was a crap ton of Wood owning Portland's centers. You give them another option out there, another big they can hide their center on like Powell, McGee or even Kleber (despite him being able to stretch the defense out) and all of a sudden Wood is being guarded by Grant, who's way more suited to making Wood's life difficult. 

That's the thing: opposing centers can't guard Wood, but he CAN guard them if/when they get his mind right on defense in general. In fact, he's got a way, way, WAY better shot of guarding them than he does at slowing down the Grants of the world. 

Playing him as a solo big ALSO results in way more pick and roll with Luka. WAY more. He's GREAT at that, tbh. 

I'm not holding out a ton of hope for this season at the moment, but part of me is really stoked that Kidd is basically being forced to do what he should have been doing from jump street. I have no clue whether Wood is good enough to play for a winning team, but I know that if he is, it's going to be at the 5.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • LifeAquatic, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 29: POR (16-12) @ DAL (14-14) | 7:30 PM - by KillerLeft - 12-17-2022, 12:03 AM