Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 29: POR (16-13) @ DAL (15-14) | 130-110 win
Heart 
Lillard is averaging 34.4 points over his last five games after missing two weeks in late November with a right calf injury. The six-time All-Star scored 37 points in a 128-112 win over the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday.

Portland has won three straight and five of its last six with Lillard leading the way. He is shooting 52.9 percent from the field and 50.7 percent from 3-point range since returning.

Portland is looking to reverse a negative trend against Dallas, which has won the last five meetings between the teams by an average of 26 points.

@"KillerLeft" prediction: by mid second quarter, this will be a meltdown comparable to that of Richie "the Baumer" Tenenbaum, complete with Luka sitting on the floor at mid-court, near tears, having taken one of his shoes off. Portland wins, 237-19. 

Side note: on the off chance this reverse jinx attempt works and we get a Mavs win, @"Kammrath" and I will both be away from the board for this one. Someone here will have to handle the Dirkie thread. 
Like Reply
Well this is another team McGee was suppose to be useful against.  I suspect he doesn't get in and probably for the best.

I would love to see Hardy, but I am guessing we do not see him.
Like Reply
I don't have much hope going into this game. Mavs have had the 27th ranked defense for the last 10 games. With Maxi out for a considerable time I don't see that getting better.

This team is broken, the vibes are off, and they play a style of basketball that's hard to watch. Hopefully Luka puts on a show cause we'll need it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
These are the types of games we often win.
Like Reply
L10 games

1.5 PPG /1.3 APG shooting 12/12/75. I´m so glad they develop Ntilikina over Hardy.
Like Reply
(12-16-2022, 08:59 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: L10 games

1.5 PPG /1.3 APG shooting 12/12/75. I´m so glad they develop Ntilikina over Hardy.

..and that´s how you do a jinx.

Also get your shit together Simons.

Hardy on the bench already looks checked out. Probably knows he´s not playing.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/pandahank41/status/1...25952?s=46&t=QCxw0AyFm7Ws4QscqZVxSA
Like Reply
All the Wood haters gonna be quiet tonight.
Like Reply
(12-16-2022, 09:51 PM)Moviemavguy Wrote: All the Wood haters gonna be quiet tonight.

No hate…just facts and pointing out what Kidd was doing well before it became obvious to everyone else.

I also said this is the kind of game where he should thrive.  Scoring has always been there, but he’s been locked in on D.  It is almost like he sees a chance to finally show himself.

Pretty amazing run with Luka, Wood, Frank, Bullock and THJ.  Not only solo-big.  But not even a 4.
Like Reply
Hopefully nothing serious with Diamond but more opportunity for Wood and he's answered the bell.  Easily his best game as a Mav.
Like Reply
I bet this game will still be a close one with 3 mins left in the 4th quarter.

Yeah I have trust issues with this team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Holy shit, Luka.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BiasedSlightly/statu...5997967362
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...6497558528
Like Reply
Portland threw in the towel in the 3rd.  Can we please get Hardy some burn?
Like Reply
Injuries forced Kidd to play to the teams strengths. To quote game of zones "Half the defense, Double the offense". Probably the best they can do with the current roster.
Like Reply
And yet again solid 1-big defense from Wood 
It seems to be much more of an issue when he's paired with another big like McGee and he's asked to guard the perimeter
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
If McGee still had a soul, Brown would have snatched it on that dunk.

Hardy is so smooth.
Like Reply
Fun game all the way around.  Even a chance to laugh at McGee at the end too.
Like Reply
Gotta love Hardy's ability to make some contested layups. Such a needed skill for when Luka is being trapped. We can't just jacked up 3 pointers every time down
Like Reply