Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 28: CLE (18-11) @ DAL (14-14) 90-105 loss
(12-15-2022, 10:14 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: What happens with McGee is going to be really interesting.  He doesn't even get a sniff against the exact type of team he was signed to be productive against.   He also doesn't play mop up duty.   What happens if the Mavs cannot trade him?  Is he here for two years until he is an expiring?  I can't think that is a possibility.

Mavs could take a gamble on Richaun Holmes.
McGee and RB would be enough.

Yes, Richaun seems pretty bad right now, but you'd get more from him than McGee, or even RB if Holmes turns it around.
Like Reply
(12-15-2022, 10:27 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Mavs could take a gamble on Richaun Holmes.
McGee and RB would be enough.

Yes, Richaun seems pretty bad right now, but you'd get more from him than McGee, or even RB if Holmes turns it around.

I watched some clips of Holmes in the few chances he has gotten to play and he is not moving like he used to.   I think that is buyer beware.  If he could get right though....

But I would only move Bullock if I got a pick and/or young prospect.   Bullock has value in the league and most contenders would want him.    I would be shocked if the Mavs traded him now though.   Maybe things are different closer to the trade deadline though.
Like Reply
(12-15-2022, 10:33 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I watched some clips of Holmes in the few chances he has gotten to play and he is not moving like he used to.   I think that is buyer beware.  If he could get right though....

But I would only move Bullock if I got a pick and/or young prospect.   Bullock has value in the league and most contenders would want him.    I would be shocked if the Mavs traded him now though.   Maybe things are different closer to the trade deadline though.

I used to be high on Holmes but I agree that he doesn’t look like that guy anymore. He used to look like a slight upgraded version of Powell (little rim protection but good rotations) and seems like he’s lost that. Nerlens is the one name that matches what our defense is trying to do and brings what they thought McGee was going to bring. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he started over Powell here.
Like Reply
(12-15-2022, 10:14 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: there isn't any team in the league who'd start Wood, DP or McGee.

FIFY
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-15-2022, 10:37 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I used to be high on Holmes but I agree that he doesn’t look like that guy anymore. He used to look like a slight upgraded version of Powell (little rim protection but good rotations) and seems like he’s lost that. Nerlens is the one name that matches what our defense is trying to do and brings what they thought McGee was going to bring. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he started over Powell here.

Holmes is an interesting salvage project if you could get him for nothing or better yet, trade a problemed fit for a problemed fit.
Like Reply
(12-14-2022, 02:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Maxi out tonight as well.   It seems like we get into this dilemma every year.  Maxi is best as a rotation piece but his skillset works really well and when this team is humming, his availability and production is really needed.  But due to injury concerns you can't overplay him and you always have to worry about him missing games.  Mavs really need to develop a player who has similar strengths as insurance.

bump
Like Reply