Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+15, 20 pts, 2 stl, 6 rbd)
17.39%
4 17.39%
SD (+13, 20 pts, 10 ast, 7 rbd)
52.17%
12 52.17%
Luka (+1, 38 pts, 8 ast, 11 rbd)
26.09%
6 26.09%
RB (+5, 12 pts, 5 rbd, 3-4 threes)
4.35%
1 4.35%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 27 DIRKIE: Winner SD (52%) | Runnner-up Luka (26%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
[Image: Spencer-Dinwiddie-Mavs-USATSI_18130198.jpg]
Like Reply
I was thinking of giving it to Hardaway, but I think I will go with Dinwiddie.  He was key to start the fourth.  He attacked the basket a few times and Luka got to rest.
Like Reply
I'll give it to Bullock. It was nice to have a reminder that he even exists
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Luka dropped another insane statline but somehow I didn´t notice him as much as usual.
THJ went on one of his hot shooting runs to give the Mavs a double digit lead in the 2nd quarter and played great defense to closeout the game. SD carried a struggling 2nd unit in the early 4th and prevented another collapse. Both good options.
Vote THJ. For me the drawn charge against Dort was the play of the game. Taking a nasty ellbow to the face to help the team win. Exactly the kind of effort the Mavs are missing more often than not.
Like Reply
SD was good enough to get it grading on a curve.
Like Reply
SD gets it based on the eye test and the +/- factor. Him staying on the floor and keeping Luka off for an extra bit of time while SGA came in during the 4th really helped when it came to closing time.

How unfair is it that 2 ASSISTS keep Luka from being the PotG with a near 40 pt Triple Double!!!!
Like Reply
I don't see this team surviving if 22 of their 39 made shots are coming from the 3. 

That's just not sustainable and wildly variable.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I really didn't like how this game went.  Yeah...the Mavs won...but the game seemed a little out of control...ragged...poorly played--and coached.  But they won.  Yeah.  Heck, they were suppose to.  A supposedly weaker opponent on their home floor.  They won--but it almost seemed like I had to take my sister to the prom...

SD gets my Dirkie.  He has a good stat line with 20 points, but more importantly is the 10 assists.  Yeah...I look at the stats, but I also go by the eye test.

Luka had a nice double double...and 8 assists, 38 points.  I think he is trying to get the TEAM involved.  And he is frustrated.  I think he needs to lay off the complaining.  Completely.

The assist level from everybody has to come up.  Just a tad for some players...but it needs to come up.

THJ got his points--and zero assists.  You can almost bet he is going to shoot if he touches the ball.  Could he be a better player if he mixed his game up a bit?  Has he got a bright green light?  Coaching problem?  Ah...so many questions.

DFS seemed more involved and helped the team.  There's something off about him this year.  He doesn't seem to have his head totally into the game, and has made some uncharacteristic mistakes.  As has most of the rest of the team.

As mentioned, a 40.7% 3pt conversion rate is probably not sustainable.  It seems like the team has forgotten that you need an inside game to set up the outside shots.  At times they get 3pt happy.

We won the game...and I took my sister to the prom.  Not really, but I feel that way.  Ewww...
Like Reply
(12-13-2022, 03:50 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: As mentioned, a 40.7% 3pt conversion rate is probably not sustainable.  It seems like the team has forgotten that you need an inside game to set up the outside shots.  At times they get 3pt happy.

Haven´t forgotten. Let it walk to New York. Brunson is a mid-range scoring machine on the Chris Paul level. Perfect complementary player to Luka, the 3pt shooters and a proven winner. They ripped out the heart, soul and glue of the team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply