Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 27: OKC (11-16) @ DAL (14-13) | 121-114 win
See, like right there...Wood gives up a wide open 3 simply because he's not accustomed to stopping above the break to pick up his man in transition. His instincts are to run to the paint. Like a center. Porzingis was doing the same thing when he played with Powell. KAT is doing the same thing playing with Gobert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Antoine "because there are no 4 pointers" Walker will fit right in with this team.

Just jack it up from 3.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:07 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Antoine "because there are no 4 pointers" Walker will fit right in with this team.

Just jack it up from 3.

It´s not happening in a vacuum and not like the Mavs are taking heavily contested shots. If you cannot shoot from the perimeter opposing teams will build a wall in the paint and dare you to shoot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Wood has got to live in the paint if Luka isn't in the game
Criminal if he's just hanging around on the perimeter
Like Reply
Conspiracy theory: Knowing Top 5 mid-range Brunson was there to bail them out, took pressure of DFS, Bullock, Kleber and others.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:14 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Conspiracy theory: Knowing Top 5 mid-range Brunson was there to bail them out, took pressure of DFS, Bullock, Kleber and others.

Conspiracy theory??? Seems like obvious truth to me. 

Brunson is a bad ass.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s not happening in a vacuum and not like the Mavs are taking heavily contested shots. If you cannot shoot from the perimeter opposing teams will build a wall in the paint and dare you to shoot.

Well, the Mavs can't build a wall, they allow incursions in the paint.
They allow open 3s too.

Most Mav players just can't dribble, but seems like the intention is to get open 3s rather than shots inside.
Not sure how they do it, when there's no other PNR partner for Luka other than Wood. And they seem to be going away from that too.
Like Reply
Looks like Hardy and Kemba can practice their towel-waving techniques tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Painful to watch this team this season.  Playing Frank over Hardy is what a bad coach would do.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:20 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Well, the Mavs can't build a wall, they allow incursions in the paint.
They allow open 3s too.

Most Mav players just can't dribble, but seems like the intention is to get open 3s rather than shots inside.
Not sure how they do it, when there's no other PNR partner for Luka other than Wood. And they seem to be going away from that too.

Because that is how you create open 3s if you aren´t GS. Inside-out. Get to the rim. Force teams to help and collapse (that´s the part the Mavs are doing). If they collapse find the open shooter. If they stay home score in the paint.

Just take a look at the positioning of OKC´s off ball defenders. Weak side help is already waiting in the paint. They don´t care about the open guy in the corner.
Like Reply
Hardy must be back down right?  Can’t think of another reason I have to watch a marginal NBA player like Frank in the rotation.  Let’s play some guys with a future. This game is as boring as it gets.  Luka is going to go nuclear if this is a loss.
Like Reply
It´s almost like Luka is shooting the ball better, when he´s not running on fumes.

You know Dort is a great defender by watching his offense. No other reason he could be on an NBA floor.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Because that is how you create open 3s 

That's the point right there.
Mavs want to create open 3s.
That's the play second only to a Luka drive.

Shooting (3s) comes and goes, it's why the Mavs can't hold on to leads (apart from poor FT shooting and mediocre defense down the stretch)
Offense is too 3 heavy.
Almost unbeatable when they're making ém but when they're not, they can lose to teams like Detroit.
Like Reply
This may be completely wrong and just a really quick observation but you can tell which guys Kidd trusts and believes in.  He doesn’t with Wood.  I would not expect him to be here long.  It is hidden somewhat with his bunched scoring runs.

So I assume someone is giving Isaiah Joe a max this summer.  He has not missed the 1.5 games I have seen.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:34 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: That's the point right there.
Mavs want to create open 3s.
That's the play second only to a Luka drive.

Shooting (3s) comes and goes, it's why the Mavs can't hold on to leads (apart from poor FT shooting and mediocre defense down the stretch)
Offense is too 3 heavy.
Almost unbeatable when they're making ém but when they're not, they can lose to teams like Detroit.

It´s not as much about creating open 3s. It´s about the spacing. You can have the best post player or iso scorer in the league. As long as the defense doesn´t respect the shooters he will have a hard time. Look at the Lakers early in the season. LBJ, AD and Westbrook. All struggling because the spacing was terrible.
It´s not about shooting more/less 3s. All about the threat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:40 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This may be completely wrong and just a really quick observation but you can tell which guys Kidd trusts and believes in.  He doesn’t with Wood.  I would not expect him to be here long.  It is hidden somewhat with his bunched scoring runs.

Not wrong at all. Kidd is notorious for playing favorites with "his" guys. He did the same thing in Milwaukee. Bucks fans talk about it all the time.
Like Reply
Wondering if Ferrari Doe was less a playful nickname and more a hint that blue collar DFS was dead.
Like Reply
1) Kidd swallowed Wood's soul. Has lost his swagger and confidence.

2) I like FN, I don't care what you haters say.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ballsrchr, MaxiThreeba
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 10:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 2) I like FN, I don't care what you haters say.

Really nice attack on the closeout. Drive, kick and find the open shooter. That´s the kind of stuff Bullock or DFS cannot do. But Frank needs to shoot a lot better to get into those kind of situations more often.
Like Reply
Big time bail out from SD. Not sure what Wood was doing.
Like Reply