Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 27: OKC (11-16) @ DAL (14-13) | 121-114 win
Heart 
[Image: FjvWsOdX0AAEHRn?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Like Reply
I had to double take to make sure that picture wasn't WCS.  Good times thinking WCS at 4 million expiring was a better place to be than McGee at 3 years.    It is funny, if not so sad.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...9374451712
Like Reply
One year ago, on Sunday, December 12, 2021, the Mavericks improved their record to 13-13 by defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On the following day (Monday, December 13, 2021), the Mavericks improved their record to 14-13 by defeating the Charlotte Hornets.

And then ... the Mavericks lost four of their next five games, resulting in a record of 15-17 after their loss in Utah on Christmas.

And then ... the Mavericks did some good stuff before eventually losing in the Western Conference Finals to the Golden State Warriors (who went on to win the whole shebang, of course).

No need to panic.  No point in talking tanking.  Better times are ahead for the Mavs.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to all.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/tea...games.html  

Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Hogmelon's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 10:37 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I had to double take to make sure that picture wasn't WCS.  Good times thinking WCS at 4 million expiring was a better place to be than McGee at 3 years.    It is funny, if not so sad.

I know you follow the Legends games pretty closely and man was I shocked to see WCS on the Rio Grande Valley team...
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 01:25 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: One year ago, on Sunday, December 12, 2021, the Mavericks improved their record to 13-13 by defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder.

On the following day (Monday, December 13, 2021), the Mavericks improved their record to 14-13 by defeating the Charlotte Hornets.

And then ... the Mavericks lost four of their next five games, resulting in a record of 15-17 after their loss in Utah on Christmas.

And then ... the Mavericks did some good stuff before eventually losing in the Western Conference Finals to the Golden State Warriors (who went on to win the whole shebang, of course).

No need to panic.  No point in talking tanking.  Better times are ahead for the Mavs.

Smile

I needed some positivity. This year looks bleak, but it's easy to forget how bleak things looked last year too.

Hopefully they turn it around. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 01:25 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: One year ago, on Sunday, December 12, 2021, the Mavericks improved their record to 13-13 by defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder.

No need to panic. 

Except Luka was unmentionably bad at this point last year. This year he has played some of the best basketball of his career. 

Comparing a 13-13 team with BAD Luka to a 13-13 team with GOOD Luka is comparing apples to spaceships.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply

Smile

Thanks for this.  I thought things were starting to change last week.  Blowout win against the Knicks, blowout against the Suns, really tough road win against Denver.   It was great getting a few road wins and a few 10+ pt wins.   Both have been pretty rare this year.  

I thought the next two games back to back against Mil and Chicago would be tough.   I thought they would play Milwaukee close and they did.  They played well, but the ending left a sour taste in all our mouths.   I had low expectations on a tough back to back against Chicago, but that game left a sour taste in my mouth for different reasons.   Lets see if we can get back to better days tonight.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 01:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Comparing a 13-13 team with BAD Luka to a 13-13 team with GOOD Luka is comparing apples to spaceships.

Well I guess this could be wrong if Luka is in fact not that impactful on winning.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 01:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Except Luka was unmentionably bad at this point last year.

The whole "Luka was out of shape narrative" was pretty loud at the time but that's what happens in the 24 hour news cycle.  In reality Luka playing BAD as you wrote is the difference between him being a clear cut all star and first team all nba.  It certainly isn't apples to spaceships.

For reference, Luka averaged 27/8/9 shooting 45% from the floor and 39% from deep over 10 games in November last year.
Like Reply
Luka through 26 games last year:

25.6 pts, 8.0 rbds, 8.5 asts, 1.0 stl, 4.6 TOs, 44.7 FG%, 32.6 3P%, 69.8 FT%, On/Off -10.8

Luka through 26 games this year:

32.9 pts, 8.5 rbds, 8.8 asts, 1.8 stl, 3.5 TOs, 50.1 FG%, 34.3 3P%, 71.1 FT%, On/Off +11.4
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 02:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka through 26 games last year:

25.6 pts, 8.0 rbds, 8.5 asts, 1.0 stl, 4.6 TOs, 44.7 FG%, 32.6 3P%, 69.8 FT%, On/Off -10.8

Luka through 26 games this year:

32.9 pts, 8.5 rbds, 8.8 asts, 1.8 stl, 3.5 TOs, 50.1 FG%, 34.3 3P%, 71.1 FT%, On/Off +11.4

Oh interesting, so his lineups are better this year.  Thanks for sharing.

Do you really think the difference between those two statline is a 20 point net difference for the team?
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 02:21 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Do you really think the difference between those two statline is a 20 point net difference for the team?

Not the boxscore....but watching every game of both segments I can attest that Luka is WAY better and his impact is WAY better this year. 

He was dragging on defense so hardcore last year to start the year AND he clearly didn't have his legs under him. He is amazing and still put up better numbers than most can dream of, but watching him, he was a drag on the team performance. THEN when Luka got his conditioning that is when the team turned the corner last year. 

Last year through the first 34 games the Mavs were 16-18 and Luka was -10.1 On/Off

THEN in the last 48 games the Mavs were 36-12 and Luka was +4.9 On/Off. 
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 01:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Except Luka was unmentionably bad at this point last year. This year he has played some of the best basketball of his career. 

Comparing a 13-13 team with BAD Luka to a 13-13 team with GOOD Luka is comparing apples to spaceships.

I agree with this. The way Luka has been playing our record should be much better. 

Just having last year's version of DFS and Bullock would be huge right now. DFS clearly didn't work as hard this offseason after getting paid as he had in previous offseasons and it shows. Reggie almost looks as scared to shoot right now as Ben Simmons

I hope a team sees Dinwiddie's shooting splits and doesn't look closer so we can offload him in a trade. He stalls the offense, freezes out Wood, and is the weakest link on defense.

And we clearly need to hire someone to do play calls because Kidd has cost us games with his
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Best defensive possession of THJs career? Stayed in front of SGA. Didn´t fall for the fake. Forced him to give up the ball. Switched onto Giddey and cut off the drive. Forced a turnover.
Like Reply
OMG, I totally forgot about this game. How have they looked, so far?
Like Reply
14 threes attempted already and there's still 2 minutes left in the 1Q  Sick
Like Reply
Mavs avoiding to shoot free throws by just bricking every possession with 3s.

(12-12-2022, 09:02 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: 14 threes attempted already and there's still 2 minutes left in the 1Q  Sick

That's the OFFENSE.

Either Luka/SD drives or they shoot 3s.
Losing offense by Kidd.
Like Reply
(12-12-2022, 09:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: OMG, I totally forgot about this game. How have they looked, so far?

Good start from Luka and SD. As usual the 3&D guys cannot hide the broad side of a barn.

They really have to figure out Bullock´s role. Cannot continue like this. Him screening for Luka or SD is just wasting time on the shot clock. They switch. He gives up the ball. Resets the possession and the Mavs have to start from scratch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Sorry guys
We were up 12 to 2 when I started watching
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply