Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 26: DAL (13-13) @ CHI (11-14) | 115-144 loss
More iso for Wood against great defender, Patrick Williams, rather than Vucevic. 

I do not understand.
Like Reply
I fucking hate THJ.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Drummond is playing for a little more than vet min, Mavs paid McGee 20 mil for three years. And people here were actually defending this move. Could we please fire Nico and get serious.

I'm actually with Kam on this.
Although Nico is the GM, Kidd probably has a LOT of clout on who to get and who not to get.
I'd go as far as saying the McGee signing was Kidd's idea all along, and to him, that salary was just fair.
Nico probably just said.. "well you know the guy, if its okay with you, I'm okay with this too".

Mark still gets to big decisions, but while Nico gets to do GM things, Kidd is in the mix too. Probably a lot more than just your ordinary coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
"I still think they need to find a second star so they don't waste his years" followed by JB talk.  /Chicago broadcast team.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply
How depressing is it that we are getting blown out in the second half and all our players on the court are over 30 ( or approaching 30) veterans
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:33 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I'm actually with Kam on this.
Although Nico is the GM, Kidd probably has a LOT of clout on who to get and who not to get.
I'd go as far as saying the McGee signing was Kidd's idea all along, and to him, that salary was just fair.
Nico probably just said.. "well you know the guy, if its okay with you, I'm okay with this too".

Last time I read, Nico is the GM. These are just excuses. He is responsible and if he chose a bad advisor, that is his responsibility.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:33 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Although Nico is the GM, Kidd probably has a LOT of clout on who to get and who not to get.

Mark still gets to big decisions, but while Nico gets to do GM things, Kidd is in the mix too. Probably a lot more than just your ordinary coach.

Kind of a pointless distinction, imho. Harrison was ok with Kidd. Excited, even. If he's not making decisions, then he's ok with doing the job in circumstances where the job can't be done correctly. If he is making decisions, they're bad decisions. 

Either way, he's not real. It's so obvious by now, if we're honest. I think there's a chance he gets better, but the window available to build around the best player the Mavs have ever had and probably ever will have isn't the time I'd have chosen to hire a "learn on the job" GM.

A real GM would have the power to hold the head coach accountable for performances like this.

Does ANYONE reading this think Harrison could even threaten to fire the coach?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
What is this offense? Ok, run isolation offense when you have one of the greats in the league even if I don’t find it very appealing.  But we are running the same offense with Dinwiddie.  How about some swing ball movement from side to side or just getting quick touches to players.  It is so bad.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:41 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: What is this offense? Ok, run isolation offense when you have one of the greats in the league even if I don’t find it very appealing.  But we are running the same offense with Dinwiddie.  How about some swing ball movement from side to side or just getting quick touches to players.  It is so bad.

Kidd is a trash coach on that end of the floor.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
You know Luka is somewhere watching the game, just like us. I wonder what he thinks right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Hardy is fearless.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know Luka is somewhere watching the game, just like us. I wonder what he thinks right now.

Probably this:
Luka (shouting out loud): "Hey Mom, Timmy is so useless without me!"
Like Reply
Jaden Hardy is probably already the team's best FT shooter
Like Reply
Entire game has been garbage time and the Mavs only have two guys under 25 on the gameday roster.
Like Reply
Come on THJ...this should have been his night to dominate and show the world he's one of the greatest shooters in the league!  Big Grin
Like Reply
Hardy can shoot free throws! I'm sold - more minutes.
Like Reply
McGee is just literally jogging up and down the court, wtf
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:46 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Come on THJ...this should have been his night to dominate and show the world he's one of the greatest shooters in the league!  Big Grin

THJ loses all his powers when Luka isn´t on the floor.
Like Reply
Team looks good on offense when Kemba is out there, cause he actually looks to involve the others unlike Dinwiddie and THJ.

Fucking hell, can this franchise just be smart ONCE. It might be enough. Make up some Luka injury, play McGee 20 MPG and we are a bottom three finish lock. Develop Green and Hardy. Make a decision on Wood, and f*** off Dinwiddie/THJ in a three way package for a shorter contract like Hayward.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Hardy a little black hole'ish and I really don't like that he looked as his feet noticeably on that step back three attempt.  Good finish at the rim afterwards.
Like Reply