Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 26: DAL (13-13) @ CHI (11-14) | 115-144 loss
McGee brings championship experience.  He has 3 rings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bayliss's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
At least the talk about good O, D or net-ratings will be over after todays game.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Kammrath
Like Reply
This team's body language sucks.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This team's body language sucks.

Well, so does the owner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bayliss's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Patrick Williams seems like a Maxi-type player.
Maxi has better hope on guarding 1s and 2s than Patrick Williams, but seems ok defending 3 to 5.
Like him on the Mavs (in addition to Maxi, not a replacement).
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This team's body language sucks.

Yeah, they had something going until about the last three minutes of last night. 

I don't even know what to make of this. I'm honestly starting to think of Kidd as just another obstacle they must overcome to succeed, and that's coming from someone who never once stopped defending Carlisle. Every coach is human so none of them are perfect, especially once you see what they do every night, consistently, but OMG is it better when you have someone smart running the team.

(12-10-2022, 09:10 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Patrick Williams seems like a Maxi-type player.

He's a stud. I've wanted him since his rookie season. 

I think he's the perfect player, fitting into the exact role that's currently lacking on the roster, but sadly I doubt he's available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:10 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Patrick Williams seems like a Maxi-type player.

I ranted and raved for the Mavs to try and trade up to get Tari Eason....he is going to be the same kind of player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Well I wasn’t expecting much, but I wasn’t expecting this.  A lot can be discussed and complained about regarding roster, coaching, system and players and all of it is deserved.

But let me single out McGee.  He has been out of the rotation and tonight was a chance to make a case for more playing time and he laid a big ole turd on the floor.  If he gets anymore meaningful minutes this year without weeks of proving in practice…shoot me now.  He has failed his audition and needs a sustained run outside of games before he gets considered for another chance.  Done with him.  No one is going to take him.  But if he is here next year then I will now we care more about $ than winning.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't even know what to make of this. I'm honestly starting to think of Kidd as just another obstacle they must overcome to succeed, and that's coming from someone who never once stopped defending Carlisle. Every coach is human so none of them are perfect, especially once you see what they do every night, consistently, but OMG is it better when you have someone smart running the team.

Kidd's track record screams that he is probably one of the main issues right now. And from this fan's seat, I cannot remember worse coaching in my 25 years following the Mavs. But regardless, something is off....deeply off.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Surprisingly if you look up +/- per game, McGee actually ranks much higher than you expect at 372 of 482. Then you realize the only player over the age of 30 that plays under 10 MPG and is worse than him is Udonis Haslem. Big Grin
Like Reply
I cannot believe RB is leading the team with +4. Haha.
Like Reply
Drummond is playing for a little more than vet min, Mavs paid McGee 20 mil for three years. And people here were actually defending this move. Could we please fire Nico and get serious.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Missing Luka's defensive presence.  Another blown assist for Timmy.
Like Reply
Kidd to me seems like he makes a plan, and sticks with it until he is sure his plan doesn't work.
The problem is -- he takes a long while to adjust.
That plan of starting McGee took him a while to get him off there.
Same goes for RB, took him a while to reduce minutes for that guy.
And I'd make a calculated guess that he signed-off not getting a playmaker to start the season, and let it roll and see what happens (Dragic related).
That Luka end of game plays that usually ends up with a fadeaway 28 footer -- are there any other plays where say.. a guy like Lopez gets free under the basket?

And these are all just in-season planning where Kidd takes a lot of time to adjust (still no adjustment for late game Luka plays), the in-game adjustments? You can forget it. Horrific in-game decisions out there, game in and game out.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:21 PM)omahen Wrote: Drummond is playing for a little more than vet min, Mavs paid McGee 20 mil for three years. And people here were actually defending this move.
Like Reply
The Mavs gave up 82 points in the 1st half....the most EVER given up in franchise history.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Mavs gave up 82 points in the 1st half....the most EVER given up in franchise history.

Maybe Kidd needs to look for a new calling card.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 09:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Mavs gave up 82 points in the 1st half....the most EVER given up in franchise history.

Defense first mentality...
Like Reply
God bless Dwight Powell. Still out there hustling his ass off in a game they have literally no chance of winning. I honestly wish they had five more just like him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
I don't want to hear shit about Luka's defense anymore.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • MrGoat
Like Reply