Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Night of November 14th
(11-26-2019, 01:36 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: You yourself have stated many times RC takes 20-30 games to settle on a rotation. 

Before you start saying I'm hating on RC

I've never put a number of games on how long it takes to settle a rotation (I've seen others say that), and I didn't think you were "hating" on Rick, just that the scenario that I imagined as I read your post seemed unlikely. But honestly, I can believe either: Rick had seen enough to settle the rotation, or Luka and/or others shared some frustrations with him and that influenced him. I buy what you're saying that if Luka shared frustrations that that would carry quite a bit of weight.

(11-26-2019, 01:23 PM)Tyler Wrote: I always find it fascinating how fans can construct such detailed fake conversations in their heads based on whatever narrative they want to believe.  IMO, it says more about the fans than about the team.

In any case, if you're looking for insight into what's going on behind the scenes, KP's post-game interviews are what you should be paying attention to as he's unusually thoughtful, open, and honest by professional athlete standards.  Recently he made a passing comment about how it's important for teams to get on the same page internally, as there are always things going on behind the scenes that fans never hear about.  He mentioned that he's been in a situation before that didn't do that well at all (NY), and implied that Dallas is doing it right.  

So my interpretation (based on player comments off the court and changes on the court) is that some guys are naturally a little frustrated as they figure out how to best fit into the team concept, they're working it out internally, and the team is starting to play better as a result.  That's how good communication works!  Of course I'm no more tied in than any of you, so I could also be wrong.  But at least it's based on the best info we have available and not on pure personal speculation.

good stuff!

I personally don't mind the speculation, but your idea of making use of real live player quotes, from a well spoken, forthright player non-the-less, is a wonderful idea.
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 03:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:36 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: You yourself have stated many times RC takes 20-30 games to settle on a rotation. 

Before you start saying I'm hating on RC

I've never put a number of games on how long it takes to settle a rotation (I've seen others say that), and I didn't think you were "hating" on Rick, just that the scenario that I imagined as I read your post seemed unlikely. But honestly, I can believe either: Rick had seen enough to settle the rotation, or Luka and/or others shared some frustrations with him and that influenced him. I buy what you're saying that if Luka shared frustrations that that would carry quite a bit of weight.
That's my bad on the 20-30 game comment. The good thing is the Mavs are heading in the right direction with Rick steering the ship and Luka dominating the league!
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 03:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: good stuff!

I personally don't mind the speculation, but your idea of making use of real live player quotes, from a well spoken, forthright player non-the-less, is a wonderful idea.

Thanks! And apologies if my comment about speculation came across as overly negative. We as fans have no choice but to speculate with limited information at some point, and that's fine. I just like it when we share as much evidence as we can all dig up to keep us all from kneejerking too hard.  Smile
Like Reply
After posting in another thread, this came to me. The turn around has nothing to do with a locked door meeting. It has to do with Scott taking his hiatus. Maybe the meeting was about how they can make Scott proud of them again? Maybe they were talking about how this NY game was going to affect Scott and would he lose his shiz over it? I don't know, but if they lose tonight, it is allllllll on Scott for coming back early! Wink
Like Reply
(11-26-2019, 03:31 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: After posting in another thread, this came to me. The turn around has nothing to do with a locked door meeting. It has to do with Scott taking his hiatus. Maybe the meeting was about how they can make Scott proud of them again? Maybe they were talking about how this NY game was going to affect Scott and would he lose his shiz over it? I don't know, but if they lose tonight, it is allllllll on Scott for coming back early! Wink
This honestly made me laugh hard. Too funny
Like Reply