Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 25: MIL (19-6) @ DAL (13-12) | 105-106 loss
Dorian saying he missed a switch on the Lopez play but Kidd saying it wasn’t supposed to be a switch is…weird.

Reddick also was saying we missed a switch.

Also, not surprising that the Bucks knew our play, everyone knows what everyone is wanting to do in this league. It’s just surprising that we didn’t counter after seeing the pre switch.

We actually played well aside from the start of the 4th. Just a gut punch of a loss because of free throws.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 10:01 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: SD/Green/Bullock/Wood/Maxi in the non-Luka minutes is a fairly new phenomenon with THJ moving to the starting lineup.  I mentioned this in another thread, but Giannis just went off to start the fourth and the Bucks were +11 in the first 5:08 on the strength of 13 points from GA and five fouls between Maxi and Wood.  The same group was +4 to start the second quarter.

Looking back, the grouping was slightly negative against Denver, slightly positive against Phoenix and very positive against NY (though it wasn't platooned quite the same way it has been since).  So, my read right now is mixed bag.  I guess we should be happy if we simply hold serve during the non-Luka minutes.  But, there is enough talent in that group that it should be winning its on-court time.

Ya I am slightly encouraged but to me Bullock is the guy that needs to play better or be upgraded. I think if we had a better player in his spot our bench could really be dynamite vs just "holding serve."
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 10:56 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Ya I am slightly encouraged but to me Bullock is the guy that needs to play better or be upgraded. I think if we had a better player in his spot our bench could really be dynamite vs just "holding serve."
Switch Hardy out for Bullock.
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 10:14 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Dorian saying he missed a switch on the Lopez play but Kidd saying it wasn’t supposed to be a switch is…weird.

Reddick also was saying we missed a switch.

I watch the games on Bally, so I don't know what was shown on ESPN.  If you look at it from the standard game view, it is questionable.  Middleton basically bear hugged Maxi, so if Kidd is right, there was no chance for Maxi to fight his way back to Lopez.

Bally showed a replay from the other end of the court.  It was pretty obvious from that angle that DFS should have taken Lopez.

I agree, it was a fun to watch well-played game against a strong opponent.  It would have been a fantastic win.  Gut punch is a good way of putting it, but there were times in the 4th that I was thinking 'I'm proud of this effort win or lose'.  I just didn't think the loss would end up being as a result of us being so inept on the basics...FT's, timeouts and switches on inbounds plays.
[-] The following 6 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Dahlsim, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, mvossman, StepBackJay, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(12-10-2022, 01:14 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I agree, it was a fun to watch well-played game against a strong opponent.  It would have been a fantastic win.  Gut punch is a good way of putting it, but there were times in the 4th that I was thinking 'I'm proud of this effort win or lose'.  I just didn't think the loss would end up being as a result of us being so inept on the basics...FT's, timeouts and switches on inbounds plays.

Perfect summation and perspective.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply