Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 24: DAL (13-11) @ DEN (14-10) | 116-115 win
(12-07-2022, 08:08 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I thought Wood did several good things out there last night.   The more I watch him, the more I agree that he is best as a high minute, hired gun bench player for a good team.   I just don't know if he sees that in his future though.  Although maybe as the season on he gets a little more responsibility....or maybe this is who he is.  I would like to see him get more than 7 shots though.  

We all know Dwight will work his butt off.  Just like last regular season, he has been productive.   He had some dips in our losing streaks though.   My concern is what happens if he is not effective as a starter during the playoffs again?   What is the backup plan?

This is where I've been on Wood.  But, you bring up the correct issue.  How far can we go with Powell in "the Powell role".  If Maxi and Wood are largely a tandem and even if Wood gets 30-32 minutes, then there is still a sizable role that Powell (or a replacement) needs to fill Does anyone remember me saying this summer that the board will be shocked at how much Powell plays this year?  I'm a Powell fan in the right role, but even I don't think we've nailed that role.  I think we are 'getting away with' that role in the regular season.  Adding Wood certainly helps eat up some minutes vs. just having Powell and Maxi last year in the playoffs.  But, I'm not sure it is enough.

For Killer...Green was first off the bench in both halves last night.  It feels like he's fully passed Bullock in the rotation.  Green and Wood came in together in the first half (which I like MUCH better than when THJ and Wood came in together).  Green came in just a hair before Wood and Maxi in the second half.

I'll give Wood his due here.  That two minutes he was in with Green in the first quarter before Maxi joined him was a +8 with Wood as a solo-big.  And, it came against Jokic.  If I'm going to point out when it doesn't work, I need to point out when it does.  Maxi and Wood came in together and left together in the second half.  I saw that some people didn't like Powell returning for two minutes in the fourth.  But if he didn't, Maxi would have to play 15 straight minutes to finish the game.  Maxi is Kidd's closer and Wood's caddy.  A good bit of what happens with the second half rotation is designed to set that up.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 24: DAL (13-11) @ DEN (14-10) | 116-115 win - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-07-2022, 08:43 AM