Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+9, 17 pts, 1 stl, 2 ast, 3 rbd)
3.03%
1 3.03%
Luka (+20, 33 pts, 2 blk, 1 stl, 8 ast, 6 rbd)
6.06%
2 6.06%
JG (+26, 16 pts, 2 stl, 5 ast, 4 rbd, missed a shot)
84.85%
28 84.85%
Wood (+13, 18 pts, 1 blk, 5 ast, 9 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Hardy (10 pts, 2 mins)
6.06%
2 6.06%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23 DIRKIE: Winner JG (85%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Green, for sure. 

Honorable mention to Kidd, who is starting to figure things out. (I hope)
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Hardy scored 10 points in 2.5 minutes.  He was on pace for 128 points if given 32 minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Fairly well played game.  Great defense for most of the game.  6 players in double points.  Hardy with 10 points in 2 minutes...not too shabby.

Green gets my Dirkie.  I hope he has turned the corner and will continue to get better.  We don't need no stinkin' Bane...

I think it's time to give Bullock some time with the second unit to work on his clanks...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Green becoming the second most important player on this team wasn’t something I was prepared for but I’m so here for it.
Like Reply
Green, despite the crippling shame of actually missing a shot. There were some arguments in the offseason between people who just wanted to throw Josh Green into a trade as a filler and others who wanted to keep him because of his age. I would bet some of the former crowd have changed their mind at this point.

I'll also mention that at 12-11 this is actually our best start through 23 games in 3 years
[-] The following 2 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • KillerLeft, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:46 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Green, despite the crippling shame of actually missing a shot. There were some arguments in the offseason between people who just wanted to throw Josh Green into a trade as a filler and others who wanted to keep him because of his age. I would bet some of the former crowd have changed their mind at this point.

I'll also mention that at 12-11 this is actually our best start through 23 games in 3 years

There was one very vocal one that thought we should have cut him before the start of the season for the extra roster spot.  He has not been around for a while.
Like Reply
My apologies to Bob. Green is a really nice player.  Green, Hardy, and Luka are starting to look like a nice young core.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • ballsrchr, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:46 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Green, despite the crippling shame of actually missing a shot. There were some arguments in the offseason between people who just wanted to throw Josh Green into a trade as a filler and others who wanted to keep him because of his age. I would bet some of the former crowd have changed their mind at this point.

Mavs 3.5 games out of first place in the West!
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:46 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I'll also mention that at 12-11 this is actually our best start through 23 games in 3 years

Really good for perspective. 

I think some aspects of how they've gotten to this place are cause for concern, especially the road record and the way they've lost so many against bad teams or teams without their better players, but then again if they rattle about 5 wins off against good teams at full strength they'll win us all back over.
Like Reply