Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss
(12-02-2022, 12:25 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Did you watch him play D last night?

Someone mentioned that the formula for tanking is win at home and lose on the road...even to terrible teams.  Then, when people start trying more late in the season sell off some assets and manage your wins/losses more closely.  We don't need to tank all the way to the #1 slot in the draft.  Top six or seven with a shot of lottery luck is good enough.

I like the Collins idea.  I would be in favor of taking on multi-year salary as we sell assets if it meant getting a prospect of pick.

Oh I watched and it was a problem.  He needs to be more consistent, he seems to only care when the spotlight is on.  I would assume he'd put on a better effort at the garden tomorrow but also kind of concerned he may look hungover for the early game so we'll see on that.

Having said that, I stand by my statement that Luka can drag this team to too many wins for that pick to convey.  All these bad losses have SUCKED but they've all also been within reach.  This team simply doesn't have any urgency yet which is really painful to watch but that urgency HAS to kick in for a group of vets like this at some point.  Will it lead to a play in spot and/or first round exit?  Feels like a good chance currently but I would bet a lot of money the Knicks are drafting for us come summer time.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss - by StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 12-02-2022, 01:30 PM