Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss
(12-01-2022, 11:31 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Now this is an interesting idea to explore.  

Who would be your untouchables?  Luka, DFS, Green and Hardy?  Anyone else you'd prefer to keep as part of the next iteration of the Mav's?

If you aren't willing to deal Luka, DFS, Green and Hardy who would a playoff team be interested in?  Wood and Powell expire.  RB and SD have partial guarantees.   Anyone else with LT money?  Heck, would anyone even be interested in the the guys with ST money?

Do you trade for expiring deals?  We are over $10mm over the cap without bringing back Wood and Powell.  It would take a lot of dealing to get significant cap room for the upcoming summer...and for who?  Russell Westbrook anyone?

Or, do you take on multi-year vets and get young players and picks as part of the compensation?  Have everyone expire when the cap expands and bring in multiple guys.

How do you guarantee yourself a guaranteed 2024 pick (assuming you keep 2023) so that you can have picks to trade this summer.  Maybe the 'worst of' from one of these teams with multiple unprotected firsts?

For me, Luka is the only untouchable.   It is moot though. Cuban will not do the right thing or the big visionary move.   Note, I am not saying that a full blowup is the right decision.  Only that I am confident Cuban will not make the right decision (roster, front office, coach--the big decisions)

Regardless, this thing needs to get squarely back on track by next year at the latest.   This team needs to look like it is set up nicely and a contender next year.  I am growing less and less confident that the plan to get all your picks back and hope someone doesn't out bid you for a second star is not the winning strategy.   In fact, I think that has more disaster written all over it than success.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss - by Chicagojk - 12-02-2022, 07:50 AM