Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: DAL (10-11) @ DET (6-18) | 125-131 OT loss
No way this is a playoff team.  I just hope they don’t wind up with pick #11.  Until I see otherwise, I want to be a seller at the trade deadline
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 09:46 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs are not making the playoffs...it's time to accept it. They can't beat the Pistons, Rockets, and the Nuggets without their stars. The rest of the league is not scared of this team. After the WCF run, the Mavs have a target on their back now so you're not seeing any teams (good or bad) overlook them.

Slowest team in the league.
30th in rebounds.
Last in assists.

And.. a 3-happy team but isn't a very good one at making ém.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Paul Gasol, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
15 missed free throws....  lol

**** this team.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 09:48 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Not if Brunson has anything to do with it.

Mavs would probably lose with or without Brunson.  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 09:46 PM)cow Wrote: Coaching aside, this team sucks.  

Dorian got us to overtime at least.

But he made a key turnover in bounding the ball in OT.  Shit happens.
Like Reply
This Mavs team makes me believe they can get the number 1 pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
So does Killian Hayes get the Damian Lee or the Isaiah Joe trophy?  Which one are we calling it?
Like Reply
Hilarious stat: SD and RB might have had their best +/- stats of the year....+7 and +8 respectively.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 09:51 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: But he made a key turnover in bounding the ball in OT.  Shit happens.

That was terrible but the game was over and his teammates were throwing the game.  To close the 4th he had the transition three, a steal, a nice board, a hockey assist and the tap out for Luka's three after he missed two free throws.  

Maxi was complete trash.  We also haven't mastered THJ's minutes.  His scoring is great until it isn't and he was rough in the overtime period.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 09:51 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: 15 missed free throws....  lol

**** this team.

Pro team shooting sub 50% in a game. We often talk about Luka´s lack of focus but it´s the entire team. No sense of urgency. Just casually going through the motions. I really don´t think that they get how bad the situation is right now.
What we are seeing is the result of arrogance and entitlement combined with mediocre talent. From top to bottom. Starts with the FO and owner. Ends with role players or even end of the bench guys.

(12-01-2022, 09:56 PM)cow Wrote: Maxi was complete trash. 

Only guy that played defense around the rim. He had a bad turnover in OT. Just like DFS.
Like Reply
Kidd would punish his players for not having iPhones...is he going to do anything to a team that misses half of their free throws?
Like Reply
I don't buy the arrogance and entitlement angle either.  This is a team trying to figure each other out and a coach who is providing them no help.

-Spencer was better last year when he was just fitting in as the 3rd guy, now he's trying to replace JB.  -
-Bullock is off to another slow start and you have to hope he bounces back like he did last year, but it sure would be nice if he'd hurry up.
-McGee has been awful but we also haven't given him much of a chance which is mostly understandable.
-Powell's back to getting minutes and is Powell.
-Tim is trying to figure out his place and has been mostly awful.
-Josh has earned playing time but seems caught in a log jam that only Kidd sees.
-Maxi's lost confidence in his shot and is becoming a liability because of it.
-Wood continues to pee in Kidd's cereal and sleep with his wife.
-Dorian is Dorian but when you are making 3x as much money, we need more from you.
-I'll never understand how one of the greatest PGs of all time coaches such uninspired offense.  

This team needs to make a trade.  Returning THJ for air would probably do wonders if you could just reallocate his minutes to Josh/Kemba/Wood.

I didn't buy into the notion of JB holding the locker room together, but maybe that traitorous rat was part of the glue.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Paul Gasol, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Speaking of Kemba, anybody know when he makes his debut? Is he hurt?
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:15 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Speaking of Kemba, anybody know when he makes his debut? Is he hurt?

Cuban wanted him. Kidd didn't. He isn't going to see the light of day.

Wink
Like Reply
We should have hired Billups instead of Kidd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:15 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Speaking of Kemba, anybody know when he makes his debut? Is he hurt?

He was shown on screen, and this is what I got from his facial expression:

"I'm joining this?"
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Cuban wanted him. Kidd didn't. He isn't going to see the light of day.

Wink

Another white whale crossed off the list. Mavs always sign the guys that rejected them in the past. The way McGee is playing I wouldn´t be suprised if Whiteside or Howard end up on the roster within the next two years.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Another white whale crossed off the list. Mavs always sign the guys that rejected them in the past. The way McGee is playing I wouldn´t be suprised if Whiteside or Howard end up on the roster within the next two years.

Howard is killing it in China.  And 1YR of Howard sure looks a lot better than 3YRs of McGee.  Drummond also signed a 2YR $6M deal this past offseason.
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: ther white whale crossed off the list. Mavs always sign the guys that rejected them in the past.

I found it interesting in an interview the other day that he seemed to have no idea he was our target that summer
Like Reply
(12-01-2022, 10:29 PM)cow Wrote: Howard is killing it in China.  And 1YR of Howard sure looks a lot better than 3YRs of McGee.  Drummond also signed a 2YR $6M deal this past offseason.

Would have taken any of them over McGee. What I fear is ending up with one of them with McGee still on the roster.
Like Reply