Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: GSW (11-11) @ DAL (10-10) | 116-113 win
Adjustments are definitely going in the right direction. Outside of a completly new starting five that features Wood and Kleber that´s the only remaining move I see.

Against the Warriors we had:

Doncic 39
SD 23
THJ 31
DFS 29
Powell 18

Green 27
Bullock 14
Bertans 7
Kleber 25
Wood 26

THJ will only get 30+ minutes on a hot shooting night. On average it should be closer to 25. With DFS playing 30+ minutes and a non-ejected SD getting some of THJs minutes. Green should be getting 25-30 minutes. Don´t really care about the starting spot as long as he closes games more often than not. If the SD minutes continue to hurt the Mavs moving him to a 6th man role and starting Green is the next logical move.

Personally I would remove Bullock from the rotation and split his minutes between Frank (new in the rotation) and Bertans. Really liked what I saw from Bertans in the last few games. Frank can give the Mavs 5-10 minutes against the opposing teams best ballhandler.

Would be great to reduce Luka´s minutes but right now I just don´t see a way.

Looking at the bigs we have 60-70 minutes between Kleber, Wood and Powell. Unless Wood´s ability/willingness to play defense improves Maxi is still my number one option to close games. With the option to play Wood/Kleber if the matchup allows it. Powell has earned the token starter spot and is giving the Mavs good minutes. Thankfully McGee is out of the rotation.

Something like...

Doncic 36
SD 28
THJ 24
DFS 32
Powell 16

Ntilikina 10
Green 26
Bertans 14
Kleber 26
Wood 26

Edit: Frank spot could also turn into Kemba. But personally I would rather reduce SD´s minutes.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 20: GSW (11-11) @ DAL (10-10) | 116-113 win - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-30-2022, 12:14 PM