Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 22: DAL (11-11) @ NYK (10-13) | 121-100 win
(12-03-2022, 02:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Right now, 1 million knicks fans are bitching on a message board or Twitter, or Reddit, saying “why can’t we get young guys like Jaden Hardy!”

They simply need to give him 5-6 minutes a game. They give them to McGee and he always posts a -10. How much worse can Hardy do? Undecided
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:43 PM)mvossman Wrote: Hmmm.  Lot of talk about no heart cause Brunson is gone and Dinwiddie sucks.  Meanwhile, Brunson has a team low -26 while Dinwiddie has a team high +35 while dishing out 9 assists (to zero turnovers) 9 boards and 17 points (although not his recent efficiency).

Dinwiddie is not playing very well in this role, in my opinion. One of the few complaints I have about this game (although it was better in the 2nd half without McGee). And, the team was not playing with very much heart at all when those comments were made.

If you think the point of a game thread on a fan website is to create accurate predictions of the future or an opportunity to lay in the cut waiting for the chance to make snide comments like yours, I think you might be doing it wrong.

(12-03-2022, 02:46 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They simply need to give him 5-6 minutes a game. They give them to McGee and he always posts a -10. How much worse can Hardy do? Undecided

I don’t know if I’m ready to commit to a regular role if I’m Kidd, but that stretch of minutes right there shows me he’s ready to play some, for sure.

He’s so long for his size. I always notice that right away when he plays.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Dahlsim
Like Reply
Nice! Obliteration accomplished.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:44 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: it’s usually as simple as this being a make or miss league and our shooters have been missing for a while.

DEFINITELY agree with this!
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Dahlsim, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dinwiddie is not playing very well in this role, in my opinion. One of the few complaints I have about this game (although it was better in the 2nd half without McGee). And, the team was not playing with very much heart at all when those comments were made.

If you think the point of a game thread on a fan website is to create accurate predictions of the future or an opportunity to lay in the cut waiting for the opportunity to make snide comments like yours, I think you might be doing it wrong.

I don’t know if I’m ready to commit to a regular role if I’m Kidd, but that stretch of minutes right there shows me he’s ready to play some, for sure.

He’s so long for his size. I always notice that right away when he plays.

Your right, I should probably stay away from game threads.  I realize part of it is to vent frustration, but the massive negativity tends to wear me out.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
A little bit afraid that wins like this encourage them to continue with the coasting. Really depends on the message this game sends. Play hard and win. Or we only needed one good quarter to win and can get away with low effort in the regular season.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:51 PM)mvossman Wrote: Your right, I should probably stay away from game threads.  I realize part of it is to vent frustration, but the massive negativity tends to wear me out.

I get that, and have felt that way before. Often, in fact. 

I just think this, particular bad stretch has been so bad that it’s really hard to blame people for tilting a little negative.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:46 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: They simply need to give him 5-6 minutes a game. They give them to McGee and he always posts a -10. How much worse can Hardy do? Undecided

Don't think you can do this every game, but in a game where somebody like Wood is not playing, you could definitely put him out there for 5-6 minutes in a normal rotation instead of garbage time with the bench brigade featuring Bertans as our only big.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: A little bit afraid that wins like this encourage them to continue with the coasting. Really depends on the message this game sends. Play hard and win. Or we only needed one good quarter to win and can get away with low effort in the regular season.

Man, I don’t think we can even worry about that type of thing right now. 

Right here and now, today, all that matters is that they got a damn win on the road. I don’t care if they were playing the actors from Hoosiers. It’s nothing but a positive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply

As much as we tend to disagree with stuff, I’m in total lock step with you on this one.

Got a lot of belief in this kid and am honestly bummed Kemba will most likely get those minutes you’re referencing.
Like Reply
Jaden > Jalen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1599133033525039105?s=20&t=7SSU_jgkg7tERRQ9utaxOQ

Love seeing Rob this defeated. "Nobody's gonna help them...even God."
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 02:44 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Dinwiddie was the only reason we were able to stay connected/get back in the game the first part of the second quarter.

He’s job is to hunt shots…everyone else’s job is to hit open threes. Today was a great example that as much as we want to complain about rotations (this year) or Luka being out of shape (last year), it’s usually as simple as this being a make or miss league and our shooters have been missing for a while.

Amazing how different every aspect of a team looks and so many stats change if just one your shooters is actually shooting well.  Dallas looks dangerous, even contender level around Luka if the shooters are simply shooting well. 

In this case THJ shooting well to support Luka, Dinwiddie totally supports a can't overpay Brunson strategy and even the hope for good stretches of Kemba's knee strategy. 
Of course, the question is what's really sustainable for a Hardaway game to game. 

With Kemba it sounds like a desperation what have we got to use roll. 
Mavericks GM Gives Worrisome Update On Kemba Walker's Health (msn.com)
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 06:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1599133033525039105?s=20&t=7SSU_jgkg7tERRQ9utaxOQ

Love seeing Rob this defeated. "Nobody's gonna help them...even God."

I wish tomorrow was Monday. Steven A Smith's inevitable Knicks rant would have been glorious
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
MrGoat Wrote:I wish tomorrow was Monday. Steven A Smith's inevitable Knicks rant would have been glorious

My sad takeaway from yesterday was that Brunson really cared about staying a Maverick. It also showed in his performance. He was awful, made a lot of unusual errors.

You could see it in his face and voice during the press conference. He didn´t have to say that the Mavs never made a serious attempt for him to stay (if you read between the lines a little). Usually players butter up their new team, even if it is a lie. Mavs basically shoved him out the door by making no serious attempt to engage in an early extension to use him as a trade piece, and then didn´t even have the decency to "overpay" to make good for it.

Also here are two situations where they did go out of their way.

1. They gave Powell an early extension for 10M, but not Brunson for 13M, which is a lower percentage based off the current salary cap.
2. They gave Matthews a bonus for DAJ not signing.

How insulting is it that the Mavs cared more about Powell and Matthews than you.
Like Reply