Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
Imagine if the Mavs had a guy who can distribute like THJ did tonight like usually, and not take freaking lowest of the low IQ shots?

THJ played pretty well tonight, even on defense. But it's definitely not the norm.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
NBA starter Tim Hardaway Jr. was incredible tonight. Hitting shots, distributing to teammates, locking up one Clips player after another. His toughness is legendary and his resolve is unmatched. I hope the rest of the league was not paying attention tonight. It would be a shame if they swooped in to take THJ off our han....I mean away from us by offering a really good player in exchange with no additional compensation required.
[-] The following 8 users Like loki's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant, Branduil, DanSchwartzgan, Dundalis, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:48 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Imagine if the Mavs had a guy who can distribute like THJ did tonight like usually, and not take freaking lowest of the low IQ shots?

THJ played pretty well tonight, even on defense. But it's definitely not the norm.

I like it because maybe teams are watching it and think he isn't a negative asset in a trade.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 12:58 AM)loki Wrote: NBA starter Tim Hardaway Jr. was incredible tonight. Hitting shots, distributing to teammates, locking up one Clips player after another. His toughness is legendary and his resolve is unmatched. I hope the rest of the league was not paying attention tonight. It would be a shame if they swooped in to take THJ off our han....I mean away from us by offering a really good player in exchange with no additional compensation required.

I would like this post ten times if I could.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • loki, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Disappointing day today.

Did you all watch the game Wednesday?   THJ was the only player taking bad shots and he had a at least 4.  Other players would have not taken the shot or passed it.

I want basketball players, not shooters.  There are very very very few players ever qualified to be considered a shooter.  Hint...THJ is not one of them.   The volume shooter label I think will end quickly in the NBA....well...at leasts making excuses for volume shooters will.   Robinson, Bertans, THJ...all severly overpaid and grossly excused as "well he is a shooter".   Curry is a shooter.
Like Reply
THJ isn't a perfect player by any means, but he plays a valuable role here. 

Was anyone traded today that would've provided a clear upgrade? 

Beasley is a good shooter but don't forget he's also been charged with multiple felonies and plead guilty to threatening a violent crime. THJ is a leader in Dallas.

Crowder shot the Suns out of the Dallas series last year. 

Bridges and Cam were part of a superstar deal Mavs had no shot of participating in.

In the end, THJ is the best player available to space the floor for Luka & Kyrie. And like it or not, teams worry about him. He'll go cold for sure but he'll also light you up for 6 threes real quick. 

Now that we're past the deadline I'm ready to get behind THJ. Let's get his dad down here and go on a heater.
[-] The following 3 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
I cant get behind players that refuse to pass the ball.  

I can see an antagonist coming in here wanting defend his on court behavior as if its perfectly fine by suggesting that if he passed the ball players wouldnt guard him as strongly resulting in less spacing(fear of him shooting causes players to guard him closer resulting in better spacing).  Its literally the only and the weakest excuse to defend THJ's on court behavior.

Heres the thing though....Kyrie is a better shooter than THJ and he passes the ball or makes the best bball play.
Like Reply
guy piles up bricks for fun. it is tolerable against average teams but when we play the confidence  finals against an elite team like the nuggets, we are f**ked. guy is a role  player but he often takes more shots than a star  player does, and  bricks  more  than the  starting five  combined.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • dynamicalVoid
Like Reply
lol THJ has played extremely well in the playoffs.

Again, he's flawed but who else was going to take all those shots you're complaining about?! Luka takes plenty and everyone complains about his usage anyway. DFS, Kleber, Bullock and Powell can't generate their own so they take all the shots they can, although Kleber will still turn down an open look from time to time. Green turned down lots of shots until recently. Brunson, KP, and Spencer all took more shots than THJ.

Complaining about THJ not passing ignores his role on the team which is TO SHOOT.

Sure, I'd obviously love him to make more. His drives are an adventure and no doubt he'll take an occasional bad shot but at least he shoots them. 

See, THJ is playing his role he's just not elite from an efficiency perspective. But he's not terrible and he can go on elite heaters.

Don't take this as me saying THJ can't or shouldn't be upgraded. An upgrade would be ideal. But I didn't see anyone traded today that I'd rather have over THJ on this team.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:30 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: lol THJ has played extremely well in the playoffs.

Again, he's flawed but who else was going to take all those shots you're complaining about?! Luka takes plenty and everyone complains about his usage anyway. DFS, Kleber, Bullock and Powell can't generate their own so they take all the shots they can. Green turned down shots until recently. Brunson, KP, and Spencer took more shots than THJ.

Complaining about THJ not passing ignores his role on the team which is TO SHOOT.

Sure, I'd obviously love him to make more. His drives are an adventure and and he'll take an occasional bad shot but at least he shoots them. 

See, THJ is playing his role he's just not elite from an efficiency perspective. But he's not terrible and he can go on elite heaters.

Don't take this as me saying THJ can't or shouldn't be upgraded. An upgrade would be ideal. But I didn't see anyone traded today that I'd rather have over THJ on this team.

Dude forces too many shots unnecessarily at the detriment of the team.  He sucks...literally sucks.  Low IQ, low skill and thinks hes Curry.  He can score 100 points a game every playoff game and I would still want him gone.

But...use the shooter excuse.   I prefer bball players.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:36 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Dude forces too many shots

ahhaha so this team would lead the league in 24-second violations?!

I get your point but what's Bullock going to do if he doesn't have an open catch & shoot off someone else? Pass it to Kleber? And Klebe will pass it back to Bullock? And Bullock will be like WTF give it to Dorian
Like Reply
Let me win this conversation right quick.

Does providing spacing mean you:

1) Have to take forced shots

2) Pass up the best bball play and shoot to keep defense worried

3) Take shots early in the shot clock that make no sense

All 3 of those things are very frequent occurrences every game with Tim.   Its not winning bball at all.

Refusing to pass the rock is repulsive and goes against team sportsmanship.  

Kidd refusing to bench a player with bad habits in a very competitive industry and players not complaining about it makes me think its all fake to trigger observers.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: ahhaha so this team would lead the league in 24-second violations?!

I get your point but what's Bullock going to do if he doesn't have an open catch & shoot off someone else? Pass it to Kleber? And Klebe will pass it back to Bullock? And Bullock will be like WTF give it to Dorian

Now youre starting to reach...because Tim did all the bad things last game when players were passing the rock and there were no issues with players getting shots off.  Youre hanging on to one excuse that was a bad one when we had a bunch of roll players that had no offense.   Last night was not that scenario...AND YOUR BOY WAS THE ONLY ONE TAKING BAD SHOTS

But defend it
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:54 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Does providing spacing mean you:

1) Have to take forced shots

2) Pass up the best bball play and shoot to keep defense worried

3) Take shots early in the shot clock that make no sense

No. Spacing refers to a player that has gravity i.e. teams will guard them closely even beyond the free throw line. A player who draws their defender away from the basket "creates space" for his teammates to do their thang.

Look, I'm being cheeky. I know you know what spacing is. My point is that teams guard THJ differently than they guard Kleber or even DFS. THJ's presence on the floor most certainly spaces the floor for Luka - and soon Kyrie - to terrorize defenses. 

Why? Because THJ is a designated shooter and that's just how basketball works.

(02-09-2023, 08:57 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Last night was not that scenario...AND YOUR BOY WAS THE ONLY ONE TAKING BAD SHOTS

THJ had an inefficient game. It happens. If it didn't he'd be a star.

Plus maybe Timmy was showing off for Kyrie a little. That happens too. These guys are human. 

THJ will settle into a role now that the team is ramping up for the postseason. If he's bricking shots, I think Kidd will play Reggie 40 minutes. If THJ's making them, we'll see more of Timmy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Dude is butt cheeks.  

There are no excuses for it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:09 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: There are no excuses for it.

Agreed.... 

Unless it's your role.  *mic drop*
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:15 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Agreed.... 

Unless it's your role.  *mic drop*
It’s everyone’s role to shoot an open, well practiced shot. Are you saying THJ’s role is different than that? If he doesn’t have an open shot then his role is to shoot it anyway?
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: It’s everyone’s role to shoot an open, well practiced shot. Are you saying THJ’s role is different than that? If he doesn’t have an open shot then his role is to shoot it anyway?

vfromlmf is a trigger bot.  Hes leaning on weak excuses.

As I have said numerous times...the "volume shooter" or "designated shooter" needs to be fazed out of the NBA........UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PASS THE ROCK AND NOT TAKE BAD SHOTS.

It cant get any more clear than that.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 09:28 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: vfromlmf is a trigger bot.  Hes leaning on weak excuses.

As I have said numerous times...the "volume shooter" or "designated shooter" needs to be fazed out of the NBA........UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PASS THE ROCK AND NOT TAKE BAD SHOTS.

It cant get any more clear than that.
THJ did do that to the tune of 5 assists last game. If Kyrie brings that out in him (I remember vividly and immediately how JET changed in this way when Kidd was acquired), it could make him a really good piece.
Like Reply
guy should play more smartly. he gets paid almost 20m a year so I sincerely hope he can justify his price tag with smarter plays & less bricks. he ain't utterly trash and he even drew interests from other teams (e.g. cavs), but his value only gets hurt by his inefficient plays. we peddled him around but no one made a satisfying offer for him. I just hope we can turn him into something more useful when he still has some value in him before he becomes a bertans type of asset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LukaMVP's post:
  • dynamicalVoid
Like Reply