Poll: Who will win the game? (Rockets 5.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
52.17%
12 52.17%
Rockets
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: DAL (11-5) @ HOU (11-6) | 137-123 win
Heart 
[Image: EKEfsocUwAIAUln?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKEfmBVU4AECK4W?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKEc6sVU8AAeg_G?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: EKEch_EUwAEutw0?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Dallas in Nomansland with their offense, with a lonesome wizard following behind.
Like Reply
My recipe for success would be to attack Harden on every possession and try to get him in foul trouble or wear him down. It will be interesting to see how they will guard Luka and KP. I'd guess Tucker on Luka, which means KP should really exploit his defender.
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 08:33 AM)omahen Wrote: My recipe for success would be to attack Harden on every possession and try to get him in foul trouble or wear him down. It will be interesting to see how they will guard Luka and KP. I'd guess Tucker on Luka, which means KP should really exploit his defender.
Prob Capela.
Like Reply
Bad schedule for this game to fall on almost the same time with the Cowboys-Pats game.

As much as I like the Mavs and was looking forward to this game, I will have to tune in the other game while keeping an eye on the score of this one.

Hopefully we can escape with a W.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
The key for winning every single game, and winning the championship :

1) Let Luka penetrate as much as possible, its guaranteed points and fouls. Also more Luka in the post, he doesnt need to dribble it up the court every single time. Get him the ball in the high post, he can step back for the 3 or penetrate with ease or pass to KP over the defenders like we saw in last game. When he gets the ball at this spot just below the 3 point arc, he is literally unstoppable, and this also preserves his energy more than dribbling defenders around the logo.

2) let Maxi defend the other teams best player. Last season he disturbed Harden quiet a lot, even on perimeter. Look what he did to Siakam. He should always start over Powell. Kleber is an elite defender that has changed the outcome of so many games just due to his defensive plays. And his shot are going in from the 3 point, especially from the corner. He is playing great and should be a key factor going forward.

3) THJ is currently much better than Curry. Whether that continues or not, nobody knows. But what is sure he is making the shots now and should start. He has size advantage over Curry and seems a much better fit with the starters.

4) KP is having some designed plays for him lately where he can make some mid range shots that are going in at the moment, this got him going in the start of second half and this carried on. He cant create much or anything on his own the moment, but he is a weapon on designed plays and catch and shoot.

5) Boban should play more.

6) JJ should play more and by design he should be let to penetrate where he can make some of his high percentage floaters.

7) More Wright please
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 10:32 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Prob Capela.

You think? That would leave a huge hole under Houston basket as Capella would need to be next to KP on the three point line, which would be great for us. My guess would be either McLemore or Tucker. Depends who they will put on Luka.
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/rmVhzG_BHlI
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Schedule makers were big idiots having Mavs-Rockets around same time as Cowboys-Pats. Now got to flip flop between 2 games.
Like Reply
RC cannot let the Mavs back down from an aggressive Rockets defense and resort to early shot clock three point chucking.  Keep cutting and slashing to the rim.  I like Wright because he seems to resist the temptation to chuck threes and seems to know how to run offense.  He will drive the lane and also cut without the ball to the lane.  KP should be able to post up and get shots over Capela or Tucker, and draw fouls.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/mavs_ffl/status/1198...95392?s=21
Like Reply
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) Tweeted:

Wondering why NBA would schedule Mavs-Rockets for Sunday afternoon tip that partially conflicts with a Cowboys game? It’s a prime-time game in Europe and the Middle East. Those Sunday showcases get audiences in 2M range, per NBA, and I’d bet Luka Doncic will draw more Euro eyes. https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...22154?s=20
Like Reply
Keys:
  • Ride the current streak: It's nice that the Mavs used the home stretch to really grow as a team. Feel like rotations are much more reliable and the units definitely start to gel. It's much needed since the honeymoon phase is now over. The schedule gets tough.
  • Proof that you're a playoff team: I said after the embarrassing Knicks losses that the Mavs aren't a playoff contender unless they proof it. The beating of bad teams was a great sign, but they are still a couple wins against West foes away from proving that they are legit. Rockets, Clippers, and Lakers are up next, with a strong Suns team in between. Give me at least 2-2. Mavs should be confident after the convincing wins.
  • Harden vs. Doncic: It's funny how similar both the Mavs and the Rockets are. Not only do Luka and Harden have similar games, both teams also have an unreliable second superstar. Westbrook's shooting is what holds him back most nights and Kristaps is still rounding into form. Who has the better game tonight of these two might very well decide the game.
  • This could be fun: Both teams feature high flying offenses and mediocre 'D'. Could be a 130-128 kind of night.
  • Tyson on the Rockets is weird: I mean he's no longer an impact player, but a Mavs hero for life. Him on the other side of the ball will also be weird.
  • Do not start Powell: Clint Capela is grabbing 20 rebound per night lately. I think Powell is not a good matchup for multiple reasons. He can't defend him in the post, can't defend switches on Harden, and most importantly, won't be able to draw Capela out of the paint. Since he's a roll guy, Rockets will be able to play Capela near the basket when Maxi should be able to pop and hit the threes.
  • THJ's hot streak: I hope THJ's hot streak will continue although it's unlikely that senior is going to be in the house. Someone on Twitter said that starting him alongside Luka and KP forces him to be a role player and prevents his inefficient heroics with bench units. I think I agree, although I'd still start Seth and hope that THJ will somehow be able to play within his strength a bench players as well.
  • Keep your composure: I think it's important that you just play the game and don't get into discussions with the refs about Harden. He'll get bullshit calls and away with lots of travelling. But that's a given at this point and sadly not worth complaining about. The league has to do something about it. Otherwise there's not much you can do.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
3-point shooting will probably be the deciding factor.

17/41 vs San Antonio
22/38 vs Golden State
20/37 vs Cleveland

51% over the last 3 games. At some point the hot streak will end but I really hope that it won´t be today.
Like Reply
Statement game. If the Mavs want to regain respect, they have to start beating teams like Houston.

Or else, we're just a team who only beats non-playoff/injured teams.

Can't wait. Hope THJ and KP have big games because Luka will do his thing.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1198679183003705344

https://twitter.com/MavsFansForLife/stat...6618202112
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/stat...30336?s=20

THJr instead of Curry per Feigen and also Townsend
Like Reply
The Mavs have two bigs who should be able to dominate the Rockets inside, KP and Boban.  Capela is only 6'10" and Tyson always got pushed around under the goal when he was here, so to me there is no excuse for not getting the ball to our bigs around the rim.  I am going to be quite disappointed if RC doesn't make this a priority.  I understand we also have to make threes to beat Houston, but inside play and perimeter shooting are not mutually exclusive, IMO.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...80005?s=21
Like Reply
So this is what a big game feels like. Smile
Like Reply