Poll: Who will win the game? (Rockets 5.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
52.17%
12 52.17%
Rockets
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: DAL (11-5) @ HOU (11-6) | 137-123 win
THJ might be the biggest surprise of the season if Luka wasn't playing out of his mind. He's actually playing worthy of someone with that contract. Zinger's game is rounding into shape quicker than I thought too. He is starting to look comfortable on the offensive end and his defense and rebounding have been better than advertised. I still think the team needs another 4/5, especially for games like tonight when Maxi and Dwight got into foul trouble. Trade deadline is going to be interesting.
Like Reply
Had to work today, so couldn't watch live. Hate the Rockets/Love the Win!

Been watching basketball since 1983, and I've ever seen someone so young be so dominant in such a nonchalant way.
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 11:50 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 06:51 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: This board is dead when we win haha.
Some are unable to grab their pitchforks demanding everyone be traded, coach fired, owner sell the team after beating a good team like Houston...

They'll be back first loss predicting the end of the world...
You should be happy, that we are happy. Cause we have about eight years of "I told you so" in the bank from all the "tanking is bad, winning culture, no play-off wins in eight years whatever" blah blah that we could be rubbing into your faces. If you guys had it your way Kelly Oubre and Bobby Portis would now be our top options.  Wink

Only now that we have two actual All-Stars you realize how easy scoring has become. You also realize how much Dirk had truly slipped the last 5-6 years, that he could not take advantage of these rules.

(11-25-2019, 12:02 AM)cow Wrote: THJ might be the biggest surprise of the season if Luka wasn't playing out of his mind.  He's actually playing worthy of someone with that contract.  Zinger's game is rounding into shape quicker than I thought too.  He is starting to look comfortable on the offensive end and his defense and rebounding have been better than advertised.  I still think the team needs another 4/5, especially for games like tonight when Maxi and Dwight got into foul trouble.  Trade deadline is going to be interesting.
 We definitely need a rim protector. Boban is a nice guy, but he was poor usage of the room exception. Could you imagine, if we had somebody like Baynes, Holmes, Theis backing up Porzingis. Heck even drafting Goga would have been nice. Averages almost two blocks and always has ridiculous +/- stats off the bench. That could be a problem for the Pacers in the future with him, Sabonis and Turner.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 02:22 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
Some are unable to grab their pitchforks demanding everyone be traded, coach fired, owner sell the team after beating a good team like Houston...

You should be happy, that we are happy. Cause we have about eight years of "I told you so" in the bank from all the "tanking is bad, winning culture, no play-off wins in eight years whatever" blah blah that we could be rubbing into your faces. If you guys had it your way Kelly Oubre and Bobby Portis would now be our top options.  Wink

Only now that we have two actual All-Stars you realize how easy scoring has become. You also realize how much Dirk had truly slipped the last 5-6 years, that he could not take advantage of these rules.

(11-25-2019, 12:02 AM)cow Wrote: THJ might be the biggest surprise of the season if Luka wasn't playing out of his mind.  He's actually playing worthy of someone with that contract.  Zinger's game is rounding into shape quicker than I thought too.  He is starting to look comfortable on the offensive end and his defense and rebounding have been better than advertised.  I still think the team needs another 4/5, especially for games like tonight when Maxi and Dwight got into foul trouble.  Trade deadline is going to be interesting.
 We definitely need a rim protector. Boban is a nice guy, but he was poor usage of the room exception. Could you imagine, if we had somebody like Baynes, Holmes, Theis backing up Porzingis. Heck even drafting Goga would have been nice. Averages almost two blocks and always has ridiculous +/- stats off the bench. That could be a problem for the Pacers in the future with him, Sabonis and Turner.

I really wanted Looney this past off season.
Like Reply
(11-24-2019, 06:22 PM)mtrot Wrote: I cannot stress adequately how excited I am to see the Mavs not playing small ball and fielding a team with a trio of undersized guards any more.  May it ever be so!

This is the way...
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 04:30 AM)SkenfromLMF Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 06:22 PM)mtrot Wrote: I cannot stress adequately how excited I am to see the Mavs not playing small ball and fielding a team with a trio of undersized guards any more.  May it ever be so!

This is the way...
I have spoken.
Like Reply
Can't believe the Rockets gave 2 firsts and 2 swaps to trade CP3 for Westbrook. What a dumb move. If I'm them, I would try and trade Russ. Griffin, Love, starters from ORL, NYK, CHI. That contract looks untreadable at the moment.
Like Reply
(11-25-2019, 07:41 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Can't believe the Rockets gave 2 firsts and 2 swaps to trade CP3 for Westbrook. What a dumb move. If I'm them, I would try and trade Russ. Griffin, Love, starters from ORL, NYK, CHI. That contract looks untreadable at the moment.

They were desperate to move the just as awful CP3 contract, as that pairing just wasn't working out, especially since he was always hurt when they needed him.  They're 11-6 so it's not exactly a disaster yet, but we'll see if they have any playoff success with this mishmash of talent.
Like Reply

Equally as astounding is there are few "We're winning the championship this year!" posts and threads.
Like Reply