Poll: Will the Mavs reach 50 wins this season?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes: Mavs will win 50 or more games
85.00%
17 85.00%
No: Mavs will win no more than 49 games max
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The road to 50: It is done
I have zero problems if Mavs rest whole starting line-up. It is very likely they finish 5th even if they lose all three games. I don't see much of a difference between 5th or 6th anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 09:33 AM)omahen Wrote: I have zero problems if Mavs rest whole starting line-up. It is very likely they finish 5th even if they lose all three games. I don't see much of a difference between 5th or 6th anyway.

I want them to rest them all. Play Powell, Omax, Morris, Lawson, THJ, Hardy, Brandon Williams  and maybe DJJ as emergency guy.
Like Reply
Must win one more. But it doesn’t gotta be tonight
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Irving needs to play in one more game (58). And the Mavs need to win one more (50). And he'll earn another million. I suspect that is the goal - then both him and Luka will rest until Game 1 in LA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(04-10-2024, 10:50 AM)Smitty Wrote: Irving needs to play in one more game (58). And the Mavs need to win one more (50). And he'll earn another million. I suspect that is the goal - then both him and Luka will rest until Game 1 in LA.

I’d rather they all rest tonight and then use Friday as their “tune-up” game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
Mavs actually get to 50 with 2 games to spare. I'll admit I found it doubtful after the string of losses which dropped them to 34-28 but going 16-2 after that sure fixed things.
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • SleepingHero, The Jom
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 01:55 AM)Branduil Wrote: Mavs actually get to 50 with 2 games to spare. I'll admit I found it doubtful after the string of losses which dropped them to 34-28 but going 16-2 after that sure fixed things.

I think it was their losing streak in January right after Lively broke his nose and Kyrie hurt his thumb that I thought this was a lost season due to injuries. Exum also was out during that stretch too. 

Mavs were 26-23 at that point having blown so many leads and lost 7 of their last 9. Since then they have gone 24-7 and have looked dominant. And 5 of those 7 losses happened in a single week. 

What a weird season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 09:56 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think it was their losing streak in January right after Lively broke his nose and Kyrie hurt his thumb that I thought this was a lost season due to injuries. Exum also was out during that stretch too. 

Mavs were 26-23 at that point having blown so many leads and lost 7 of their last 9. Since then they have gone 24-7 and have looked dominant. And 5 of those 7 losses happened in a single week. 

What a weird season.

In late january/early february it was almost a copy of the previous season. Same record. Same tendency. But this time they nailed the desperation moves and turned things around.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Great accomplishment! Well done Mavs! But don't celebrate too much.

Yo Dirk, get in there and tell them about your 2011 mindset. Buy them some black suits for closeout games.

Sure would be great if this was the start of a decade worth of 50+ wins and deep playoff runs!!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 10:46 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: In late january/early february it was almost a copy of the previous season. Same record. Same tendency. But this time they nailed the desperation moves and turned things around.

I would argue the desperation move last TDL worked as well, it just wasn't realized until the following season.  Its kind of amazing the changes in team personal in a little over a year:

Out:

Dinwiddie
Dorian
Wood
McGee
Bullock
Bertans
Frank

In:

Kyrie
PJ
Lively
Gafford
Exum
DJJ
Omax

That is a massive upgrade that only cost 2 firsts and 2 swaps.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
Dan and PJ are two excellent pieces that fixed what used to be our weakest links. they were not the biggest names in the market but they were the best choices we could afford. I doubt either Pascal or Kuzma would've helped us more tbh. that said it would be great to add a third star if the price is reasonable (two firsts or less).
Like Reply