Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Legends 2022-2023
(11-22-2022, 11:37 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If he put up these numbers a year ago, he would have been a top 10 pick

No doubt. He's off to a great start.

Exciting to imagine how different this team could look in a couple years if Hardy and Green reach their potential. That's a dynamic pair of guards who fit with Luka (in concept) 

Point of attack defender who is nails from 3 in Green

Secondary ball handler, creator, scorer in Hardy

... to dream!
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 11:52 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Secondary ball handler, creator, scorer in Hardy

Those are his NBA skills. It's his ability to create space for himself to get shots off that's special and far ahead of the curve for his age/experience level. That they're starting to go in just means the day an NBA team allows him to get on the floor and try to do it in a game that matters is drawing nearer. 

Would be soooo great if Hardy hits, and quickly. Like, by next season would be stellar. A real shot in the arm for a roster that needs it.

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1595270425814405120?s=20&t=dYV_MiAMs2RoGoxqhmi9fA
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/mfflem

Hardy takes a man soul on the way to the hoop.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Is Hardy in Frisco for the game tonight?  In town for the holidays and considering going to check it out later.
Like Reply
The Legends got run out a little last night.   While both Hardy and Wright had solid stats, it was not one of their better performances.   The Rockets G-league team was like looking at the ghosts of Maverick past with Willie Caulie Stein, Roy Spalding and Josh Reeves all on the team.   They have an interesting G-league team.   Much more interesting than the Legends past our top 2-3.  Although Bada had a nice game.

It will be interesting to see what the plans are for Hardy.  It will probably be hard for him to get minutes with the NBA team.  He will get a few opportunities, but I am not sure sticking him down in the G-league for all season is the answer either.   He is a pro scorer.   His defense will need to be a focus.    I am already confident eventually if he got 32 minutes a night in the NBA that he will score 20.   The question is if his rest of his game will keep him on the court and if he can do this for a good NBA team, and not a bad team.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • MFFL, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Was at the game and was surprised that Hardy seems to navigate screens pretty decently, also had two really nice blocks early on in the second half playing iso defense but he seems to have trouble in scrambling situations trying to find a shooter to close out to. That’s the same issue that Wood has which has kept him off the floor as well so it doesn’t bode well for Hardy to get playing time until he can clean that up. 

I agree that kid is a walking bucket though. His shot selection isn’t the best and is turnover prone at times but he would put more pressure on an NBA defense than Hardaway or Bullock, that’s for sure.

Also, that Frisco environment wasn’t half bad and I like the fact that you can just kind of grab courtside seats if you’re confident enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 09:59 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Was at the game and was surprised that Hardy seems to navigate screens pretty decently, also had two really nice blocks early on in the second half playing iso defense but he seems to have trouble in scrambling situations trying to find a shooter to close out to. That’s the same issue that Wood has which has kept him off the floor as well so it doesn’t bode well for Hardy to get playing time until he can clean that up. 

I agree that kid is a walking bucket though. His shot selection isn’t the best and is turnover prone at times but he would put more pressure on an NBA defense than Hardaway or Bullock, that’s for sure.

Also, that Frisco environment wasn’t half bad and I like the fact that you can just kind of grab courtside seats if you’re confident enough.

I agree his help side defense is where he needs to improve the most on.  I am not sure he will ever be a good man on man defender but if he can be a good help defender on rotations and not allowing back cuts that will be more than enough to get him on the floor.

Maybe it is the G league and his main focus is on offense but his off the ball defense really needs to be a focus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 10:14 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I agree his help side defense is where he needs to improve the most on.  I am not sure he will ever be a good man on man defender but if he can be a good help defender on rotations and not allowing back cuts that will be more than enough to get him on the floor.

Maybe it is the G league and his main focus is on offense but his off the ball defense really needs to be a focus.

I think his athleticism alone can help him become a passable defender in man on man situations but his size will surely limit him there. He needs to study the Brunson defensive tape, Brunson had plenty of defensive limitations as well but he never missed a rotation and at the NBA level that will always be priority number one, just keep the 5 man machine humming the best you can.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/15...7729265667
Like Reply
Hardy has 39 with a few minutes left.  They are losing though.  Outside of a few guys the team does not have much.  The Houston team is pretty good. A lot of interesting guys.
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Interior defense will be much better in nba but I love how aggressive he goes to the rim.  I am not sure when he will be ready for nba minutes but I sort of envision him starting next to Luka.  It will keep him out of his worst tendencies.  I think on offense they are a really nice fit.  Defense is my concern.

https://twitter.com/TexasLegends/status/...39424?s=20&t=3BCQJPJp65Gr8N-h9_0qjw
Like Reply
(11-27-2022, 09:54 AM)Chicagojk Wrote:  Defense is my concern.

That´s also the reason why starting him next to Luka might not be the greatest idea. My best case scenarios prior to the draft (I was really low on him. Still not nearly as high as others) was Crawford/Clarkson-like 6th man role. Instant offense of the bench.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BradBallisLife/statu...7105397760
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 12:33 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/BradBallisLife/statu...7105397760

This guy has future 6th man written all over him. 

Between him and Green, I can make a case that things might not be as bad as they look right now, provided the idiots in charge stop doing dumb things.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 11:08 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: the idiots in charge

Forever for me now.... 

MBT = IIC
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 11:08 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This guy has future 6th man written all over him. 

Between him and Green, I can make a case that things might not be as bad as they look right now, provided the idiots in charge stop doing dumb things.

If we hold on to our draft picks through this year and go into this offseason dangling a bunch of them in trade offers you better believe that the other team will also be asking for Hardy on top of it all.  The thought scares me because currently this team is desperate enough to bite on that request if it were to happen today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Hardy will be way better than a sixth man.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 01:09 PM)cow Wrote: Hardy will be way better than a sixth man.

I don’t know, that would require him to be a good defender. Maybe he will be, but he looks like a Lou Williams type to me. That’s definitely not a bad thing. I’m the one who was screaming for Jordan Clarkson trade all summer.
Like Reply
(11-28-2022, 02:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t know, that would require him to be a good defender. Maybe he will be, but he looks like a Lou Williams type to me. That’s definitely not a bad thing. I’m the one who was screaming for Jordan Clarkson trade all summer.

Not fair to expect more from Hardy. If he turns into a rotation player he has already exceeded expectations for a 2nd round pick. Feels like front office failure and bad performances from vets lead to higher expectations. The few young players on the roster need to be great. Otherwise the situation looks even worse than it already is.
Like Reply
Mavs have to be right about their evaluation on Hardy (and Green too).  Have too.

He is going to be the name that pops up all the time in these bigger trade discussions.   The Mavs probably don't have their answer yet whether he is just a guy, a rotation piece or a legit starting guard.   If he is a legit starting guard, that needs to factor in Dallas' longterm roster planning.   I look at how Portland developed Simons as a good path for Hardy.   Not saying he is going to sign a 100 million dollar deal in a few years but he is going to need playing time.    You can't have him sit on the bench for two years.
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply