Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
2023 DRAFT: Mavs take Lively, OMP, sign Mike Miles to 2-way, sign Jordan Walker
(06-22-2023, 08:39 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Quick scan.

Kings Holmes +#24
Pacers Theis +#26
Hornets Shitty Martin +#27

I doubt Indy and Hornets. Kings are not a bad scenario
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:38 PM)omahen Wrote: I still see it

(4) Shams Charania on Twitter: "The Mavericks are active in the trade marketplace to use their new $17M exception to acquire a player and a current/future pick, sources said." / Twitter

My guess - Markus Morris and #30. Clippers save a gazillion in tax

Yeah Clippers have a few potential salary dump candidates, too.
Like Reply
If we try to use the TE tonight, the deal can’t be completed until July.  It doesn’t have to be a TE necessarily as the deal can be added to.  So, can get a trade spread on it at 110% or 125% of $17mm

If used tonight, I wonder about Houston and KPJ and 20.  Opens up more cap room for Houston to go for multiple stars.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • soog
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:41 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If we try to use the TE tonight, the deal can’t be completed until July.  It doesn’t have to be a TE necessarily as the deal can be added to.  So, can get a trade spread on it at 110% or 125% of $17mm

If used tonight, I wonder about Houston and KPJ and 20.  Opens up more cap room for Houston to go for multiple stars.

Give me Sengun. Trade 2027 pick for it. Cool
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:38 PM)omahen Wrote: I still see it

(4) Shams Charania on Twitter: "The Mavericks are active in the trade marketplace to use their new $17M exception to acquire a player and a current/future pick, sources said." / Twitter

My guess - Markus Morris and #30. Clippers save a gazillion in tax

That’s a good guess IMHO
  • ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
I wouldn't touch KPJ, don't need his nonsense on a team full of trouble as it is
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • hakeemfaan, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Ok. I couldn't resist after seeing that move.

CAM WAS RIGHT THERE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am not a fan of Lively, although one can't fault the Mavs for getting off of Bertans essentially for free. But damn do I hate the pick.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Still can't believe we were able to dump Bertans and it only cost moving down 2 picks
Thunder fans have got to be in pain
Like Reply
oh God please dont be another Morris brother

(06-22-2023, 08:44 PM)Jym Wrote: Still can't believe we were able to dump Bertans and it only cost moving down 2 picks
Thunder fans have got to be in pain

why would they care?
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:42 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: That’s a good guess IMHO

Olynyk and 28 is another.  One year contract while Lively off the bench.  Can play PF or C
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
What about the Lakers rumour with Kuzma? We trade the TPE to the Lakers for Bamba + Vanderbilt + Harrison + #17. Lakers use the TPE to sign Kuzma. Angel
Like Reply
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
1m
Sources: Utah is selecting Keyonte George at No. 16.
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:44 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: oh God please dont be another Morris brother

why would they care?

Yeah that would ruin this great night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Can’t believe Whitmore is still on the board
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:44 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: why would they care?

They were nearly a playoff team last year
That move eats into the huge majority of their capspace
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:45 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Olynyk and 28 is another.  One year contract while Lively off the bench.  Can play PF or C

Not sure what would be Utah motivation to dump salary. They will be tanking anyway and are far below tax levels
Like Reply
Mavs media mentioned a complete overhaul of the center rotation. Maybe...

Nurkic / #23 / #43

Holmes / #24 / #38

Carter Jr (Mavs include the remaining future first)
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:47 PM)soog Wrote: Can’t believe Whitmore is still on the board

At this rate Whitehead gets picked ahead of him.

There are so many players left that I like. Come on Mavs. Get it done. There are so many teams that could be interested in a deal here. Cool
Like Reply
(06-22-2023, 08:43 PM)omahen Wrote: I wouldn't touch KPJ, don't need his nonsense on a team full of trouble as it is

20 is obviously the prize.  KPJ has a very unique contract.  1 year, then NG the NG then TO.  Might be valuable at TDL
Like Reply
Morris+30 is way too good for the Clippers. Covington would make more sense, although I don't think I do that deal either.
Like Reply