Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: BRK (4-7) @ DAL (6-3) | 96-94 win
(11-07-2022, 10:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell and Kleber, to this point, are this team’s best bigs and it’s not close. 

With Wood, I don’t think it’s that he can’t play defense, I think it’s just that nobody has ever demanded that he learn a team defense system. Like, at all. 

Either he’ll get it or he won’t. The thing is, if he doesn’t get it, I’m not sure it’s going to matter which position he’s playing. I say stay the course for now.

Wood got to finish the half, so a bit of trust.  But, he only got 11 minutes (22 minute pace).  Kidd giveth and Kidd taketh away.  

With that said, I’m liking these lineups with only one of THJ/Wood.  But, it kills the chance of Wood getting big minutes to split them much.
Like Reply
Mavs got the perfect player if the tanking teams really want to start tanking.  Nico playing some serious 3d chess.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:49 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Wood got to finish the half, so a bit of trust.  But, he only got 11 minutes (22 minute pace).  Kidd giveth and Kidd taketh away.  

With that said, I’m liking these lineups with only one of THJ/Wood.  But, it kills the chance of Wood getting big minutes to split them much.

The solution: Start Hardaway in place of Dinwiddie, which they should be doing anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:49 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: he only got 11 minutes (22 minute pace)

He stood at the check in table for 3 minutes waiting for a stoppage, so it would have been 14 minutes (28 min pace).
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs got the perfect player if the tanking teams really want to start tanking.  Nico playing some serious 3d chess.

I’ve been purposely avoiding starting the fantasy trading too early, but today I listened to a scathing review of Thibs and was trying to figure a way to get Wood’s three point shooting to NY to space the floor for Randle and Barrett.

Main target would have been Toppin, but the deal could be expanded in all sorts of ways.
Like Reply
Powell starting the third. Maybe they're finally giving up on McGee.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The solution: Start Hardaway in place of Dinwiddie, which they should be doing anyway.

Luka/THJ lineups have not traditionally been successful.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:54 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Luka/THJ

Terrible D which is why THJ needs to be traded.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:54 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Luka/THJ lineups have not traditionally been successful.

Under Kidd. We have a big sample size of successful Luka/THJ in

19/20 8.5 net rating
20/21 3.6 net rating

21/22 (-1.4 net rating) being the outlier season with a way worse version of THJ. Also a much smaller sample size.
Like Reply
It will be interesting if the other Mavs step up.  KD is taking it on hi,self and is really guarding Luka.  Not even worried what is happening when Luka doesn’t have the ball.

Teams really don’t need to worry about Bullock right now. When does he start making shots again?
Like Reply
Wow that would have been an amazing assist
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Wow..bad Powell sequence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Will the Wood criticizers talk about Dwight's terrible sequence there or do they have an agenda?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 11:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Wow..bad Powell sequence.

Is Shaqtin a fool still a thing? He did the master proud there.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 11:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Wow..bad Powell sequence.

Then redeemed with dive on the floor hustle   But yeah, that was rough.
Like Reply
Can we just start McGee for the tipoff and then sub him out immediately? I have enjoyed having a chance at winning a tipoff.
Like Reply
I think the non Luka and non KD minutes may play a huge factor.  Mavs need to turn it on.

Give KD a lot of credit how he is taking on Luka.
Like Reply
Slippery floor for THJ injury
Like Reply
Poor THJ. Just as he was getting it going tonight.
Like Reply
Oh no, THJ is definitely going to be out a few weeks after that.
Like Reply