Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 9: BRK (4-7) @ DAL (6-3) | 96-94 win
@"Winter", are you watching Green?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
I'm very glad he didn't pass that off to Powell. Result would have been the same, but it would have pointed to more timid play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
I admit I've been a Josh Green doubter the whole time we've had him, and we still need to see him do it in the playoffs, but he's playing really well lately. Looking like a legit rotation player or maybe even a potential 3nD starter....
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"Winter", are you watching Green?

Green is making @"DanSchwartzgan" seem smart. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Green and Powell just play harder than everyone else. That suit doesn’t work in the playoffs when everyone is trying. Something the plus minus crowd will never understand.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • sterlingmallory, WildArkieBoy
Like Reply
Green needs to pull it like THJ
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Imagine this board (me included) if someone would have told us that Dwight, Josh and Timmy would carry the team.
Like Reply
Note that Wood isn’t in with Dinwiddie and THJ to start this quarter.

Last week it was THJ who was out while Wood and Dinwiddie played and it seemed to ignite those guys in the same way THJ is hot tonight
Like Reply
Green automatic turnover if he ever gets in the paint.
Like Reply
Green is the entire Mavs transition offense.

Bullock has been trying is very best to get benched all season long and I am running out of patience but I also know that he usually turns things around in december.
Like Reply
Maybe not yet, but Green may push Bullock as a starter.  Especially if teams are limiting open looks for Bullock.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
Hopefully Dinwiddie wakes up in the 2nd half.
We'll need him
Like Reply
Seriously, I think I would rather see Facu at center than McGee right now.

No reason to start him in the second half.  He gave you no reason to put him back in there tonight.
Like Reply
Powell and Kleber, to this point, are this team’s best bigs and it’s not close. 

With Wood, I don’t think it’s that he can’t play defense, I think it’s just that nobody has ever demanded that he learn a team defense system. Like, at all. 

Either he’ll get it or he won’t. The thing is, if he doesn’t get it, I’m not sure it’s going to matter which position he’s playing. I say stay the course for now.
Like Reply
We have 3 starters, including Dinwiddie, who have 0 points at half time. This is a win if we can get anyone besides Luka and THJ to score for us. This Brooklyn team sucks.
Like Reply
Interesting statline at half.  3 out of 5 starters don’t score and the other one scored 5.
Like Reply
Green is officially in need of every minute the team has to offer. Bullock should be feeling it, imho.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: With Wood, I don’t think it’s that he can’t play defense, I think it’s just that nobody has ever demanded that he learn a team defense system. Like, at all. 

I have reason to suspect the dude is simply lacking smarts. Not his fault. Given time, he may be just fine. But I think we need to be patient with him, not just starting the season but every single time an adjustment of any kind is required.

(11-07-2022, 10:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Green is officially in need of every minute the team has to offer. Bullock should be feeling it, imho.

Green is an obvious fit in the starting lineup. But Reggie was every bit this bad last November too. Not giving up on him early.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Glad to see Wood finish the half. Also glad DP and MK got lots of minutes together on the 2nd unit. They are too good together and can really take advantage of other bench units.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 10:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Green is officially in need of every minute the team has to offer. Bullock should be feeling it, imho.

really does feel like he's on the cusp of being a solid 12 to 15 ppg starter
hopefully we don't trade him unless a guaranteed long term piece is coming back
Like Reply