Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SD (+0, 21 pts, 2 stl, 7 ast, 1 rbd)
6.67%
2 6.67%
Luka (+8, 35 pts, 1 blk, 3 stl, 6 ast, 8 rbd)
93.33%
28 93.33%
JG (+1, 7 pts, 1 stl, 2 rbd, 3-3 FGs)
0%
0 0%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (93%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
When Luka plays defense, he gets my vote.  Din was great too.
Like Reply
That was a Luka Special. Did anyone calculate his true shooting percentage tonight?
Like Reply
Luka gets special credit because he reduced his 3-point volume.
Like Reply
Christian Wood deserves every Dirkie for tolerating this horse shit.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 6 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41, BigDirk41, dynamicalVoid, Kammrath, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Dinwiddie deserves a vote just for his post game press conference interview.  He’s killing me. Apparently, Tony Brothers called him a “Bitch ass MFer” after he Teed Widdie up for complaining about that ridiculous take foul call. And Widdie just called him out on TV. LMAO!
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
SD played pretty good.  Had it not been for another player I'd give him my Dirkie.

Josh Green brings the energy and is learning to play...basketball.

Dwight Powell..is...hard to keep off the court.  Nothing jumps out, but he works hard.

Where's CW?  When he gets to play he makes things happen.  He needs about 7 more minutes a night.

Luka!  How is this game any more special than the last game--when I didn't give him the Dirkie?  Well it's not, but nobody else really stood out so Luka gets my Dirkie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
This is why I hate +/-.  I thought Josh played really great save for not boxing out twice in a row in the 4th quarter (maybe late 3rd).
Like Reply
Future MVP, MIP and DPOY
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:09 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Christian Wood deserves every Dirkie for tolerating this horse shit.

Or to Kidd for sticking with his principles? Kidd wants players producing at both ends, and not only that but also to fit in a given scheme characterizing this team. All that being said, Wood will be more than fine, but it will take some time. Its a complex defensive scheme in terms of movements and our players last season needed quiet some time to learn it. I remember how difficult the transition was.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:24 PM)burekemde Wrote: Or to Kidd for sticking with his principles? Kidd wants players producing at both ends, and not only that but also to fit in a given scheme characterizing this team. All that being said, Wood will be more than fine, but it will take some time. Its a complex defensive scheme in terms of movements and our players last season needed quiet some time to learn it. I remember how difficult the transition was.

SD doesn't produce on one end though.
THJ doesn't produce on neither end.

And Wood's the one being called out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Luka. No one else really deserves it, especially with the way they started that 4th quarter except perhaps JaVale who helped spark us to the lead in the first place and wasn't in at that point. But he barely got to play. JG had a case if he didn't get more minutes after that stretch
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:46 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Luka. No one else really deserves it, especially with the way they started that 4th quarter except perhaps JaVale who helped spark us to the lead in the first place and wasn't in at that point. But he barely got to play. JG had a case if he didn't get more minutes after that stretch

Need a clip of McGee catching two Raptors with one screen on the Din drive.
Like Reply
Luka absolutely deserves this one, but Dinwiddie stepped up like crazy this game with his timely shots.

I will say, Kidd is playing with fire regarding Wood. How much longer will Wood play the good soldier and not cause locker room turmoil? I'd understand Kidd's POV if Wood was playing terribly, but he isn't. He's shown to be the 2nd best offensive player on this team by a wide margin. He is a prolific scorer that has pretty good starting chemistry with Luka. That's not so easy to find. 

Sure Wood missed a couple of defensive assignments tonight, but not any more than THJ, Dinwiddie, or even Bullock. Hell Powell let a blow by occur that led to an open dunk, yet only Wood seems to get penalized with a minutes reduction. 

It's frustrating and nonsensical.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, Kammrath
Like Reply
[Image: Fg45_HgXgAAghSO.jpg]
Like Reply