Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-05-2022, 02:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: At forward, those advantages become deficits against pretty much any player a playoff team will throw at him. Imagine "Wood: Forward" matching up with the actual Western Conference opponents for a sec. Can he guard Lebron? Kawhi Leonard? Zion? Jerami Grant? All of those dudes SMOKE him running the floor, changing directions in the half court, etc, etc.

So because he plays the pf spot, he has to guard the opposing pf spot? I thought we saw Maxi and DFS mostly guarding those guys in the playoffs, then Bullock guarded the PGs, does that make him a PG? 

(11-05-2022, 02:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: And, I think some (most?) of those same teams will be smart enough to FEAST if you are stuck in the mindset of having not one but TWO big, slow-footed defenders out there at once.

Which 2 of our bigs are slow footed that would be out there? I don't think there is much call for the McGee/Wood pairing, so I think this is mostly a non-issue.

I want to say, I'm with you on what we WANT to see (IF Wood CAN become a good single big defender, this team would probably look amazing), but if we don't have the personnel to accomplish that task there is more than 1 way to skin a chicken. I think that's what Mvoss and Dan (and I in the past) have been getting at. They won't just take their ball and go home.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win - by ItsGoTime - 11-05-2022, 03:39 PM