Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-04-2022, 08:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Easily the most talented player Luka has ever played with in the NBA. Would take him over JB 100 times out of 100. Just need him to get more minutes and more shots.

Strong disagree. Brunson is a winner. Wood is talented, no doubt, but I’d take Brunson 100 times out of 100. But BOTH should have been Mavs the next 4/5 years.
Like Reply
Luka with another restrained half of three point shooting, only two attempts. Since he attempted 11 per game in the first three games, he has been MUCH, MUCH better with his shot selection and driving much more.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Well he didn't want to be in DAL, so I am not going to waste my energy on it.

Not this BS again. You’ve actually been posting like a sane person lately. 

Did the Mavs offer him the same AAV the Knicks did?
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Well he didn't want to be in DAL, so I am not going to waste my energy on it.

Then why are you framing this as JB vs Wood as if MBT made the decision to go with one over the other?
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:44 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Never said JB wasn't a good player. But he is not on the level of Wood in shear talent AND he is nowhere near the fit with Luka as Wood is.

Based on what? Brunson has played on competitive teams. Wood has never done the same. Brunson is putting up comparable numbers in a more difficult situation. And so far I haven´t seen any evidence that Wood is a better defender.
Fit might be a valid argument. Lack of catch and shoot ability next to Luka is a big no no. But on the other hand. Anyone that watches the Mavs can see that they are missing a ballhandler. Nurse is taking advantage of it right now. Pressing full court to force THJ or DFS into the creator role.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:49 PM)cow Wrote: Then why are you framing this as JB vs Wood as if MBT made the decision to go with one over the other.

I am just saying Wood is the most talented player Luka has played with from my seat. And I love his potential fit alongside Luka. I brought up JB because he is probably #2 for me.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka with another restrained half of three point shooting, only two attempts. Since he attempted 11 per game in the first three games, he has been MUCH, MUCH better with his shot selection and driving much more.

An advantage of posting him up more. He also got a bigger rest tonight before re-entering the game and Toronto blitzed him with double teams when he did come back in so that got the ball out of his hands.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:49 PM)cow Wrote: Then why are you framing this as JB vs Wood as if MBT made the decision to go with one over the other?

+1000. Never wastes an opportunity to throw shades at JB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:45 PM)cow Wrote: Imagine if we had all three.

Well, that's all the Mavs can do. Just imagine.
And I'm done with wishing JB was still here when for all we know, JB might really have wanted out.
Not for the money, but for a chance to get his own team.
Mavs had a chance early on and they blew it, end of story.
Let's move on.

I hope the focus is retaining the other two.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am just saying Wood is the most talented player Luka has played with from my seat. And I love his potential fit alongside Luka. I brought up JB because he is probably #2 for me.

I like Wood.  He's super impressive.  But there is no reason to throw dirt on JB to prop Wood up.  It's also a little concerning that a lot of our hopes rest on Wood's shoulders who has never been on a winning NBA team and is often cast off.  I'm not saying he'll turn into a pumpkin, but I think we should all take it easy on thinking he's the saviour.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Based on what? Brunson has played on competitive teams. Wood has never done the same. Brunson is putting up comparable numbers in a more difficult situation. And so far I haven´t seen any evidence that Wood is a better defender.
Fit might be a valid argument. Lack of catch and shoot ability next to Luka is a big no no. But on the other hand. Anyone that watches the Mavs can see that they are missing a ballhandler. Nurse is taking advantage of it right now. Pressing full court to force THJ or DFS into the creator role.

Based on my eyes.

I would take Wood over JB as a defender ALL day. JB hustled and got some charges, but he was a hindrance.

Of course, the Mavs could use another ballhandler, but what Wood brings is more important than that IMO. And it is so dumb that Kidd passed on Dragic.
Like Reply
Din with another very good half.  Keep it up.

Green also very good.  Solid center minutes too with Powell and McGee.

Bullock and Hardaway not so much.  I think we will need them in second half.

I love this Raptor team.  Really difficult to play against.  They have pieces to make a move if they want too.  Bright future.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:52 PM)cow Wrote: But there is no reason to throw dirt on JB to prop Wood up.

Saying JB is the second most talented player Luka has played with is throwing dirt on him? Come on guys, gimme a break. I just like Wood over him. And it isn't an argument for me.
Like Reply
Bottom line this Mavs team would be the best in the West if Cuban pays the tax and keeps JB with this current squad. Now we are still searching for the next Brunson.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I love this Raptor team.

I love how they build the team. So many long athletes.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:52 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Let's move on.

Dude, we’re still arguing about letting Nash walk two or three times per year. “Move on” isn’t what we’re known for around here.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BolsDamols, DallasMaverick, dirkfansince1998, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:53 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Din with another very good half.  Keep it up.

Green also very good.  Solid center minutes too with Powell and McGee.

Bullock and Hardaway not so much.  I think we will need them in second half.

I love this Raptor team.  Really difficult to play with.  They have pieces to make a move if they want too.  Bright future.

I think this is the best half of Din, Green and McGee we've seen all season.  I've been hard on Green but I'd kill for a THJ trade right now and distribute his minutes and shots to Green/Wood.  Sign Kemba if you need to approximate THJ in a much reduced role.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:52 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I hope the focus is retaining the other two.

Prepare to be disappointed. Extension isn´t going to happen. Max the Mavs could offer simply isn´t enough for a player like Wood. Leaves Cuban with another opportunity to lose a talented player in the offseason.

(11-04-2022, 08:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dude, we’re still arguing about letting Nash walk two or three times per year. “Move on” isn’t what we’re known for around here.

Honestly...that wasn´t as bad. At least they had legit medical concerns.
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Saying JB is the second most talented player Luka has played with is throwing dirt on him? Come on guys, gimme a break. I just like Wood over him. And it isn't an argument for me.

It's more about the "I'd take Wood over JB 1000 out of 1000 times".  We saw JB for most of his career.  We've seen Wood for like seven games.  I know which one is consistent.  I have question marks about the other.  I'll join you if Wood can keep this up for a season.

Still love you and everyone else here.

(11-04-2022, 08:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Honestly...that wasn´t as bad. At least they had legit medical concerns.

I'm still made about TC.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 08:58 PM)cow Wrote: I'm still made about TC.

Breaking up the 2011 team was by far the biggest crime and if they aren´t losing Luka I don´t see a worse scenario in the future.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply