Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-04-2022, 06:59 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s concerning that Kidd reflected on the past 7 games and came away convinced that Powell is better than Wood.

As long as we’ve seen the last of McGee in a Mavs uniform I can stomach some Powell token starts. Regardless, Wood needs to get 32 minutes plus…. Starting tonight!!

Not sure it has to do with "better than", but just simply "fit" in the rotation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Feels like a breakout game for Green.  13/4/2
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 07:02 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Not sure it has to do with "better than", but just simply "fit" in the rotation.

In what world is Powell a better fit in any rotation than Wood? Like I said, I can stomach the token starts of Powell over McGee because Powell hustles and McGee is the worst big in the league - as long as Wood gets 30 min+ and McGee is DNP-CD
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 06:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is good news. Turns out Kidd is not a moron.

We have an all star caliber player only getting 25 minimum per game.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 07:16 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: We have an all star caliber player only getting 25 minimum per game.

Well, sure, but that's a different conversation entirely. 

For whatever reason (probably just to make sure @"DanSchwartzgan" feels good about his Wood takes) Kidd seems reluctant to play Wood out there as a solo big. I could type for days about how stupid and short-sighted I think that is, personally, but tonight I'm content to appreciate the fact that he has realized Powell is the better choice over McGee. 

Actually, I'm sure this is just because of Toronto's foot speed, or maybe he's just trying to light a fire under McGee, and we'll probably see McGee get many more chances before the Mavs admit they just gave a guaranteed 3-year deal to a guy who can't play, but idk, man...I'm just going to choose to enjoy this brief respite from the harshness of that reality.

I actually don't hate the idea of Wood coming off the bench. Never have. I DO hate that he's not getting more minutes, and that he's not being fully integrated into the system on both ends for maximum effect, but tbh both of those issues might just be a matter of time and patience. No need to freak about either gripe just yet. 

McGee is not a player who should be on the team, so that's the thing I'm going to focus all of my negativity on, for now. Tonight is a step in the right direction for those of us on the correct side of that crusade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 06:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Turns out Kidd is not a TOTAL moron.

FIFY
Like Reply
We will see. Could just be a one-time thing that Kidd can use as an excuse to McGee since it's vs. Toronto. They know a Canadian audience will be tuning in so he is giving the start to Powell  Rolleyes
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Raptors trusting a 22 years old 2nd round pick to be the token starter at center. Mavs signed a guy in the mid 30s for that role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Going back to last year, a J Kidd offensive special is putting someone on our team in Luka's driving lane.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
Love the Uniforms!
Like Reply
Luka blocked because of Dwight spacing.
Like Reply
Man, when Siakim decides to head downhill he reaches top speed instantly.
Like Reply
Interesting that Kidd is trusting Luka to matchup with Siakim so much defensively.
Like Reply
C Wood, this is no time for caution
Like Reply
The Luka/Wood short roll is officially the jam. Both players can floor the ball, both players can pass, both players can score from all three levels.
Like Reply
Look at the fucking spacing with Wood out there my god its beautiful
Like Reply
Guards and wings need to help in the paint. Lack of boxouts is infuriating.
Like Reply
Go Josh, go.
Like Reply
They laughed at me when I said Green made the leap before the season started.
Like Reply
Need Wood to get SHOTS please.
Like Reply