Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-04-2022, 10:15 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm more of a Ribeye guy sorry

I'm going to need dinner and a movie first.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: MacMahon has reported as much. His sense is that Kidd is "trying to break" Wood and doesn't want Wood to think of himself as a "star." 

Ridiculous. Infuriating to watch as a fan.

I don't think its any of this. Its just that Wood doesn't play coherently and timely with the defensive schemes of the team, it is the right decision not to play him too much at this point of time. Wood has some decent or even great mobility for his size, and there should be no doubt there is a lot of promise for Wood to move better on defensive end. But at this point of time Maxis and Powells movement and positioning are far far better and suited for the rest of the team than that of Wood and McGee. In case of Wood its more due to positioning than mobility per se.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/T-slFr0DBpo

You can see him and THJ arguing and he was taken out right after.

https://youtu.be/J-8huxcGIdg
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
The NBA needs to fire that ref. You know who I’m talking about. He is the absolute worst. I just can’t stand watching any game he’s involved in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Yeah Wood is done here...no future for him at all. THJ is also done (physically and skill-wise). He should just focus on trying to turn into a 3 and D guard at this point in his career
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:23 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Yeah Wood is done here...no future for him at all. THJ is also done (physically and skill-wise). He should just focus on trying to turn into a 3 and D guard at this point in his career

I got some bad vibes after last game when Wood was heaping praise on Kidd.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:17 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: https://youtu.be/T-slFr0DBpo

You can see him and THJ arguing and he was taken out right after.

He lost Porter on the same type of play in the first half.

Hey it is what it is.  Kidd is going to play the guys he trusts down the stretch.  Wood is going to need to earn that trust.  Bullock earned it last year.  I would like to see him at least at 28 minutes but at least the early part of the season he may not be closing every game.  Is it the right move?  Not sure but Kidd was him to earn those end of game minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:16 PM)burekemde Wrote: I don't think its any of this. Its just that Wood doesn't play coherently and timely with the defensive schemes of the team, it is the right decision not to play him too much at this point of time. Wood has some decent or even great mobility for his size, and there should be no doubt there is a lot of promise for Wood to move better on defensive end. But at this point of time Maxis and Powells movement and positioning are far far better and suited for the rest of the team than that of Wood and McGee. In case of Wood its more due to positioning than mobility per se.

It’s always amazing to see different opinions/perspectives on something that I completely disagree with or see with my own eyes.

I’ll make sure to watch more closely since this obviously isn’t a unanimous opinion (Wood being the best and most talented Big since Dirk).

Something else that gets under my skin. Almost everyone wants to point out Woods weakness (if there is any) on the defensive end. But we don’t talk about Spencer in the same way. He plays 35 minutes and is the worst defender on the team by a mile. Explain it to me…

Not a shot at Dinwiddie btw. Just saying..
Like Reply
Mavs are going to need another creator at the deadline imo.  This offense will really cook when they start making shots.  Another guy who can break down the defense would fit like a glove.

With Luka and our shooters there is so much open space.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:26 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs are going to need another creator at the deadline imo.  This offense will really cook when they start making shots.  Another guy who can break down the defense would fit like a glove.

Trade THJ.  Kick the tires on Kemba?
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:26 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs are going to need another creator at the deadline imo.

But they are not getting even close to the amount creation they can out of Wood. He is someone you can feed on offense and good things WILL happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:27 PM)cow Wrote: Trade THJ.  Kick the tires on Kemba?

I don’t think these guys are gettable for the Mavs but Conley, Derrick Rose types would be ideal.  I was against Conley this off-season due to his playoffs last year, his salary and thinking Green would need to be included.  But he looked good when i have watched him
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:26 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs are going to need another creator at the deadline imo.  This offense will really cook when they start making shots.  Another guy who can break down the defense would fit like a glove.

Can we trade for Brunson?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:27 PM)cow Wrote: Trade THJ.  Kick the tires on Kemba?

Can you really get someone with value for THJ?

Graham+Temple is all I can think of.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:24 PM)Smitty Wrote: It’s always amazing to see different opinions/perspectives on something that I completely disagree with or see with my own eyes.

I’ll make sure to watch more closely since this obviously isn’t a unanimous opinion (Wood being the best and most talented Big since Dirk).

Something else that gets under my skin. Almost everyone wants to point out Woods weakness (if there is any) on the defensive end. But we don’t talk about Spencer in the same way. He plays 35 minutes and is the worst defender on the team by a mile. Explain it to me..

When I first started watching Mavs, which was Lukas first game in the NBA, I thought Powell was a horrible defender. Powell never blocked anyone, he wasnt rebounding that well for a big. With time I learned Powell is actually a fanstastic defender and teamplayer. He moves probably better than any other big in the NBA and never ever gives anything easy to the opponent. Sometimes things are not as they appear.

This Kidd defense is all about movement and contesting shots, staying in front of your opponent and not letting any easy baskets. It is working really well and has transformed us as a team. But only if everyone does it and executes.

SD is not a bad defender in this scheme, he is working hard to move around and be the right places at the right time. He is clearly overmatched physically several times, but is he is not giving anything easy or unnecessary space.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:31 PM)burekemde Wrote: When I first started watching Mavs, which was Lukas first game in the NBA, I thought Powell was a horrible defender. Powell never blocked anyone, he wasnt rebounding that well for a big. With time I learned Powell is actually a fanstastic defender and teamplayer. He moves probably better than any other big in the NBA and never ever gives anything easy to the opponent. Sometimes things are not as they appear.

This Kidd defense is all about movement and contesting shots, staying in front of your opponent and not letting any easy baskets. It is working really well and has transformed us as a team. But only if everyone does it and executes.

SD is not a bad defender in this scheme, he is working hard to move around and be the right places at the right time. He is clearly overmatched physically several times, but is he is not giving anything easy or unnecessary space.

I respect your opinion of Din being a good defender and disagree.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, burekemde
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:30 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Can you really get someone with value for THJ?

Doubtful.  I just want his minutes and shots to go elsewhere.  The Kemba idea is just to replicate THJ in a much reduced role.
Like Reply
I like the idea of starting McGee or Powell (or whoever) based on matchup.  Also, everyone not named Luka should be sacrificing their personal goals for the greater team goal of getting Luka to 24 straight games of at least 30 points.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 11:28 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: I like the idea of starting McGee or Powell (or whoever) based on matchup.

Me, too. They can start Powell vs. NBA teams and throw McGee a bone if they ever do an exhibition match against some Turkish league team.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: But they are not getting even close to the amount creation they can out of Wood. He is someone you can feed on offense and good things WILL happen.

Well, they need to do what you suggest, for sure, AND they need another creator.
Like Reply