Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: TOR (5-4) @ DAL (5-3) | 111-110 win
(11-04-2022, 10:00 PM)Jym Wrote: Still feels like there should be a way for Luka to post up off the ball and get an entry pass like he's a big
Maybe there's some reason we never see that but really feels like that would be the way to go there when he's getting doubled out on the perimeter

mavs play the worst strategy with all the Luka doubles. The best strategy is for SD to lead the ball up the court and get Luka to post up high. Any doubling here will lead to devastating space.

Its incredible Luka got 30+ points being doubled all game long almost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 09:55 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Dwight has been on the ground this game more than he has been standing. Fucking spaz.

Unlike Wood, Powell knows how to get on the floor.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BolsDamols, BoredAssistant
Like Reply
That was a really nice win.  Favorite of the year from me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
Wood fell asleep on defense around the 8 minute mark and gave up an open three to Porter. He was taken out immediately at the next dead ball. You could see him punch the air in frustration at being taken out of the game. I think it was Pinson that had to calm him down on the bench. Not reinserted for the rest of the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Luka played one of the best games I’ve seen from him. He just keeps going to new heights. Looking at his shooting splits, it’s inconceivable the Mavs won only by one. Probably a 15 point loss without him.
[-] The following 3 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BoredAssistant, burekemde, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:03 PM)cow Wrote: Unlike Wood, Powell knows how to get on the floor.

Your troll game is weak
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:04 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Wood fell asleep on defense around the 8 minute mark and gave up an open three to Porter. He was taken to immediately at the next dead ball. You could see him lunch the air in frustration at being taken out of the game. I think it was Pinson that had to calm him down on the bench. Not reinserted for the rest of the game.

If one missed rotation or close out is enough to get benched for the rest of the game the Mavs closing lineup would include Kidd and Dudley. Something feels off.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, Kammrath, Smitty
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:00 PM)Jym Wrote: Still feels like there should be a way for Luka to post up off the ball and get an entry pass like he's a big
Maybe there's some reason we never see that but really feels like that would be the way to go there when he's getting doubled out on the perimeter

probably because our guys struggle at throwing a basic entry pass, which will not be made easier with Raptors length
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:04 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Wood fell asleep on defense around the 8 minute mark and gave up an open three to Porter. He was taken to immediately at the next dead ball. You could see him lunch the air in frustration at being taken out of the game. I think it was Pinson that had to calm him down on the bench. Not reinserted for the rest of the game.

I think Wood is special player. On other hand Kidds vision for defense with mobility and discipline is also special and has transformed this team. Im confindent Wood will fit in also at the defensive end with time. I totally agree that he shouldnt play too many minutes at the moment before the team settles in with Wood on defensive end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply

I expected Wood to be on one of those plays the Mavs needed a score.
But Kidd sticked with DP.

As I was saying, RC might have hated Wood's defense on one particular play, but he knows who to put on the floor at a given time.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If one missed rotation or close out is enough to get benched for the rest of the game the Mavs closing lineup would include Kidd and Dudley. Something feels off.

Kidd seems insistent on sending a message to Wood for some reason. It was a pretty bad lapse though.

That was at the 7:59 mark. Can’t believe he didn’t go back in.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If one missed rotation or close out is enough to get benched for the rest of the game the Mavs closing lineup would include Kidd and Dudley. Something feels off.

MacMahon has reported as much. His sense is that Kidd is "trying to break" Wood and doesn't want Wood to think of himself as a "star." 

Ridiculous. Infuriating to watch as a fan.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:05 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Your troll game is weak

qq
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:09 PM)cow Wrote: qq

I like the taste of cow
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:04 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka played one of the best games I’ve seen from him. He just keeps going to new heights. Looking at his shooting splits, it’s inconceivable the Mavs won only by one. Probably a 15 point loss without him.

I agree one of Lukas best games ever.

Luka was doubled almost all game long. His stat sheet shows "only" 8 assists. But there has to be something like additional 15 or 20 hockey assists also that do not count. Luka was fantastic on defensive end and besides only one play where he let defender go to the basket, he challenged every attempt and stayed in front of the offensive player, and in addition made several great steals etc. Luka is turning into a great defender.

It is just hard to comprehend he could have this offensive game being doubled as much. Its super efficient with 67% made field goals.

Luka has also transformed his FT shooting in this start of season and added this to this game as well.

Im really annoyed by THJ and his shot selection. And he shoots so bad even when open.

In general, the team is 5-3 while the 3 point shooting is way below what our players can perform. That is very encouraging going forward. Once THJ Bullock Maxi DFS etc. start shooting better which they will being that much open, our offense will become more productive.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: MacMahon has reported as much. His sense is that Kidd is "trying to break" Wood and doesn't want Wood to think of himself as a "star." 

Ridiculous. Infuriating to watch as a fan.

Then we shouldn't really hope for Wood re-signing.

Brunson gone.
Wood gone.

And Luka... probably gone too in a few years.

Thankyou Jason Kidd for your 1diotic lessons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:10 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I like the taste of cow

Like Shaq said, "tell me how my ass taste".

We are a sub-500 team without Powell's energy turning the season around.  Ask Wood about sub-500 seasons.  He is an expert in that regard.
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:13 PM)cow Wrote: Like Shaq said, "tell me how my ass taste".

We are a sub-500 team without Powell's energy turning the season around.  Ask Wood about sub-500 seasons.  He is an expert in that regard.

I'm more of a Ribeye guy sorry
Like Reply
(11-04-2022, 10:12 PM)burekemde Wrote: Im really annoyed by THJ and his shot selection. And he shoots so bad even when open.

And his drives to the basket aren't high percentage either. LOL.

IMHO, Green has overtaken him, not just on defense but on offense too. Green just isn't trigger happy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BoredAssistant, sefant
Like Reply
Wood will definitely not be back. Maybe Kidd should bench everyone that misses a defensive rotation while also calling them out in the media for no reason. Kidd has lost me this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, SwisherPrice
Like Reply