Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SD (+9, 20 pts, 4 stls, 5 ast, 4 rbd)
12.00%
3 12.00%
Wood (-7, 21 pts, 10 rbd)
12.00%
3 12.00%
DP (+25, 9 pts, 1 stl, 1 blk, 5 rbd)
76.00%
19 76.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 7 DIRKIE: Winner DP (76%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game above normal to help the team win?
Like Reply
Dwight Powell should be the only option.
Like Reply
Really tough call between Wood, Dinwiddie, and Powell. But Powell's +25 is no joke. He made things happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I'm going to ignore the +/- and vote Wood. Getting him going is what got our offense on track
Like Reply
Spence - he was on attack mode all game. Taking it to the rim and not always settling.

Runner-ups:
Dwight - sparkplug for the Mavs, might be one of the reasons Wood woke-up.
Wood - good things happen if there are plays called for him.
Maxi - You can see how good he is defensively in this game.

Luka, DFS and Green plays were expected. No Dirkie for these guys.
Like Reply
tough one...I would probably go Wood or Powell.   Powell really brought the energy and gave us a chance.  Wood was great when he got in the game with several plays that really charged up the crowd.  Dinwiddie was good too, but I think I would prefer Wood or Powell.
Like Reply
Luka setting records tonight. He takes the Dirkie rules to a new level as practically the greatest.  But I guess I’d vote for Wood.  He’s earning more minutes.
Like Reply
I vote Luka. 33 points on 20 shots. His 11 assists accounted for another near 30. 

Second place to Josh Green, who was a defensive terror and shot the ball when he was open. 2 for 3 from deep.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • burekemde, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Not many Mavs players showed up to play today.  Luka will get more Dirkies...and he deserves them.

Wood should start and play more.  More Dirkies for him...later.

But...since Powell has had so much undeserved criticism, and he does nothing but play hard to anchor the team--even though a lot of it is with his face--I will give this Dirkie to him.
[-] The following 3 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
It was certainly not THJ. He tends to run outside of the team boundaries on offense and take some horrible decisions. And his shot was off even when open.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(11-03-2022, 12:16 AM)burekemde Wrote: It was certainly not THJ. He tends to run outside of the team boundaries on offense and take some horrible decisions. And his shot was off even when open.

A cautionary tale on small sample individual net rating (or plus/minus), Timmy has a slightly higher net rating than Wood this season.  There is value to this kind of stat for lineup combinations, but there is so much noise for individual players you have to have a huge sample and still take it with a grain of salt.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • F Gump, Hogmelon
Like Reply
[Image: usa_today_19348873.jpg]
Like Reply