Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kidd is the Defacto DAL GM
Easy solution. Whoever was responsible for the McGee signing needs to go Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BasketballJones41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 09:58 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Easy solution. Whoever was responsible for the McGee signing needs to go Tongue

I can agree with that
A one year deal at that rate was justifiable especially if they thought they had a deal for Powell in the works. But a 3 year deal with Powell still on the roster is something I can't wrap my head around. Made zero sense, makes zero sense now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 12:14 PM)Jym Wrote: A one year deal at that rate was justifiable especially if they thought they had a deal for Powell in the works. But a 3 year deal with Powell still on the roster is something I can't wrap my head around. Made zero sense, makes zero sense now.

Or maybe a three year deal at the minimum. But the rate and the years together was a total fail.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 12:14 PM)Jym Wrote: I can agree with that
A one year deal at that rate was justifiable especially if they thought they had a deal for Powell in the works. But a 3 year deal with Powell still on the roster is something I can't wrap my head around. Made zero sense, makes zero sense now.
How about a follow up of a 3 year extension for Powell?
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 12:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: How about a follow up of a 3 year extension for Powell?

They SHOULD re-sign Powell. To a lower dollar amount, hopefully, but he is a gold mine in the right role, imo. It's not hist fault the guy the team signed to replace him isn't good enough to do it.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 12:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They SHOULD re-sign Powell. To a lower dollar amount, hopefully, but he is a gold mine in the right role, imo. It's not hist fault the guy the team signed to replace him isn't good enough to do it.
I may be wrong, but an extension means the same or more money. That was the joke. I’ve long been a proponent of Powell and Maxi reprising their bench role to crush the opponent.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 12:47 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I may be wrong, but an extension means the same or more money. That was the joke. I’ve long been a proponent of Powell and Maxi reprising their bench role to crush the opponent.

Yeah, the fact that they tried to give Powell's job to someone else probably means we don't have to worry about him getting extended at the same money or a raise.
Like Reply
(11-07-2022, 12:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, the fact that they tried to give Powell's job to someone else probably means we don't have to worry about him getting extended at the same money or a raise.
Until Cuban is reminded of needing to win the Rondo trade.
Like Reply
The two biggest free agent signings of the past two offseasons - Reggie Bullock and JaVale McGee  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(11-11-2022, 01:24 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The two biggest free agent signings of the past two offseasons - Reggie Bullock and JaVale McGee  Big Grin

Don't forget Hardaway.   I am really hoping Hardaway rebounds, but it isn't working so far.   I think Bullock deserves time.  It is baffling how he starts the seasons though.

Lets also not forget about the all out push for Kyle Lowery (one I was behind), he has been a train wreck for the most part in Miami.    FA targets have not been a strong point for the new front office so far.
Like Reply
(11-11-2022, 03:24 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Don't forget Hardaway.   I am really hoping Hardaway rebounds, but it isn't working so far.   I think Bullock deserves time.  It is baffling how he starts the seasons though.

Lets also not forget about the all out push for Kyle Lowery (one I was behind), he has been a train wreck for the most part in Miami.    FA targets have not been a strong point for the new front office so far.

Cause they always target old players on the decline. I know, I know, I always go on and on about youth, but that´s clearly  the way roster building is headed in the NBA.

Look at the Cavs. Garland 22, Allen 24, Mobley 23, Mitchell 26, Levert 28. And they gave up Markkanen 25 and Sexton 23 in a deal, too.

Luka is 23 and we have ONE rotational player that is within four years of him. ONE. How in the world are you supposed to build a long-term winner with no assets and ONE rotation player that is even on the same timeline as Luka. And that guy averages 6/2. You know who also averages 6/2? Two rookies on the Grizzlies that nobody cares about (yet).

How can a franchise be so blind about what is going on around them. Wolves, Nuggets, Celtics, Suns, Cavs, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Hawks. They are all build on a young core of 2-3 players that grow together.

Brunson was the ONE guy that was on the same timeline as Luka that was good enough to be the 3rd best player on a championship team and they let him go. Literally the only player above the MLE that changed teams this summer, from the one team that could not afford to lose a young player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
Throwing around draft assets is a fools game to me.  It just sets you back further and further.

If you have a very good scouting department with a Will McClay spearheading things...you can risk giving away draft assets...but not this Mavericks office.  Good chance you give multiple firsts away for a guy that doesnt work out and then you have no way of getting younger or getting talent. 

Mavs are dead set on plug and play and will give away the war chest for those players.  I dont think its the iron clad decision that it is gushed about on here.  Maybe if your track record was good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...6942314504
Like Reply
Many reported that Nico had very good relations with Kyrie as well. But keep harping on Kidd as that fits the agenda of irrationally blaming Kidd.
[-] The following 3 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • doorsted, F Gump, omahen
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:33 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Many reported that Nico had very good relations with Kyrie as well. But keep harping on Kidd as that fits the agenda of irrationally blaming Kidd.

The point being:

Kidd gets who Kidd wants. Nico is his errand boy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Nico is the GM, but I bet he listens to Kidd more often than not.
Doesn't really surprise me if the true GMs here are Kidd and Cuban.
What Kidd did with this trade is bought himself some time.
But IMHo, this trade will expose is lack of coaching skills.
One superstar + one all-star could get you wins, but to be true contender you need a smarter/better coach.

A few months from now, it will be apparent that Kidd is the team's weakest link.
It wouldn't surprise me either if Mav fans would want both Kyrie and Kidd gone by the trade deadline of next season.
As a Mav fan, I hope it all works out and I'm completely wrong.
But it's funny how I trust Kyrie to be in his good behaviour than Kidd getting better at coaching.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:44 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: A few months from now, it will be apparent that Kidd is the team's weakest link.

RIGHT NOW it is apparent that Kidd is the team's weakest link.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: RIGHT NOW it is apparent that Kidd is the team's weakest link.

Seems like a three-way tie with our owner and shoe salesman.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:53 PM)cow Wrote: Seems like a three-way tie with our owner and shoe salesman.

Except Kidd is ALSO coaching. Of course Cuban hired Kidd. So a tie between Cuban and Kidd.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Except Kidd is ALSO coaching. Of course Cuban hired Kidd. So a tie between Cuban and Kidd.

Nico:

+Luka extension 
+Wood trade
=Bullock signing
-McGee signing
-KP trade (tipping someone to take on one of the worst contracts in the league)
-Kyrie trade (UNPROTECTED '29)
-Couldn't even get a conversation with Brunson's camp about resigning
Like Reply