Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Kidd is the Defacto DAL GM
(02-06-2023, 01:21 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: When players found themselves in RC’s doghouse the defense was we weren’t privy to practices and other things. Why wasn’t that same leeway accorded to Kidd?

RC came with a proven track record of success. With the Pistons, Pacers and in his early seasons with the Mavs. Winning at the highest level. Regarded as one of the smartest and most innovative coaches in the league.
Last seasons results are probably the reason why only a small number of fans are calling for Kidd´s head and he is still getting some leeway but based on his history as a coach he simply hasn´t earned the same level of trust.
[-] The following 4 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, hakeemfaan, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 01:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For me, it's because I SAW evidence with my own two eyes, almost constantly, that Carlisle knew what he was doing. Like, ALL THE TIME. That, for me, bought him quite a bit of benefit of the doubt when it came to the choices I didn't immediately understand. I found myself trying to figure out why he did what he did, rather than assume he didn't understand what I did. More often than not, given enough time, the motivation for each puzzling thing became clear, and there was transparent method to his approach that I understood by the end of his tenure here. He really is a great coach. IND is lucky to have him.

I did the same for Kidd last year, and to his credit, the changes they made to the offensive system from about a month before the all star break were GREAT, and directly led to the team's success down the stretch, imo. But then, they started THIS season trying to do the same tired, outmoded, knuckle-dragging crap that ruined the first 3rd of last season, which really bummed me out. I haven't completely given up any hope that he'll win me back over, but I feel I've given him a chance with an open mind and for me, he just hasn't earned that benefit of the doubt.

The problem though is we got a new offensive piece but the coach was trying to break him on the defensive end.  Plus we had lost Brunson.   So it was not going to be like Memphis or some other team that could immediately hit the ground running. 

RC is a great coach. He coached the 2011 team differently than the 2019 one based on the personnel. Kidd seems like he is a bit too stuck into his personal philosophies even when the talent is not going to fit.

I don’t fully agree on the talent level Bullock and THJ got a ton of open shots that they miss.  Plus Bullock’s defense has slipped. Powell is who he is. No real core strength despite a great physique.  Dinwiddie was great as the 3rd banana but struggled and seemed selfish when asked to do more after Brunson left.
[-] The following 5 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, F Gump, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:56 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: He is.
IMHO he totally sux.

But the Kyrie trade gave him a bit of time for a question mark to linger.

Kyrie + no wins = period of adjustment, a Kidd excuse and it's valid.
Kyrie + enough wins = makes Kidd look good.

But if Kyrie stays for more than just this season, Kidd will be EXPOSED.

Someone who totally sucks doesn't completely turn around this teams defense last season and take us to the WCF with a completely sub par roster. We had no business being that good defensively or making it that far. Maybe Kidd goes off the boil and gets exposed as he has history of that. But a trash coach doesn't do what he did last season, end of story.
Like Reply
Exhibit A. 2022 western conference finals. This board: just lucky. 

Exhibit B. Luka mvp season. This board: because rest of team is trash.

Exhibit C. Josh Green most improved candidacy. This board: all credit to Kyle Lowry.

Exhibit D. Jaden Hardy development. This board: stupid coach refuses to give him minutes.

Exhibit E. THJ starting to play defense. This board: Kidd won’t play rookie.

Exhibit F. JaVale McGee. This board: ok, I’m with the board on this one.

All season I’ve wondered whether you all are right and Kidd sucks despite me not noticing his suckiness and believing “doesn’t work in the playoffs so why do it in season” explained away all of the criticisms. 

Last night turned a corner for me. I’m a Coach Kidd fan. 100%. I think he makes this team better. Better than RC, who is also a good coach (great offensive coach). Results say Kidd is better. And if he manages to turn Dwight Powell into a rebounder, which he just might be doing, then I’m gonna change my opinion to hall-of-fame-level coach.

Kidd for President 2024! Suck it, haters!
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump
Like Reply
Posting this now to get ahead of the Kidd is the one who wanted Kyrie and should be fired, after it goes south. 

"They've been looking into this since November. Since Kyrie Irving had that Tweet link situation, the Mavericks quietly were the one team that were like 'Yo, if we could trade for him now, or if he gets released by the Nets somehow, someway, he's coming here. We want him bad.'

"I think that comes from Mark Cuban having the aggressiveness... Nico Harrison, Jason Kidd, they wanted Kyrie Irving as well. Nico Harrison has a relationship with him from Nike. Jason Kidd had a long relationship with him just as point guards, Jersey... Jason Kidd played in New Jersey, Kyrie Irving grew up in New Jersey. I think there were a lot of reasons."
Like Reply