Poll: Who was the player of the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka: +13, 44 pts
73.68%
14 73.68%
THJ: +9, 21 pts
10.53%
2 10.53%
DFS: -1, 13 pts, 8 rbs
5.26%
1 5.26%
Wood: +7, 10 rbs, solid center play
0%
0 0%
Kleber: +17
0%
0 0%
Powell: +10, limited McGee’s minutes to under 9
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game 6 Dirkie: Winner Luka (74%)
Who was the player who elevated his game to help the Mavericks win?
Like Reply
Luka had zero turnovers. Instant KO. No poll needed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
It has to be Luka for me.  44 points and no turnovers.  And the win.  The assist and rebound levels are down, but...what the hell.  This level of play by Luka can't be sustainable.  He has to get some viable help...and...realistic coaching?  What else can I say?

Special mention for Kleber and Wood.

Even Powell.  Maybe he should play more than 12 minutes...

I'd even give special mention to THJ...if he wasn't such a chucker.  But...he is...a chucker.

I expected more from JM.  I guess I live in the pie in the sky world...
Like Reply
Luka easily. Made last game look like just another one of those inexplicable Mavs early season losses that they've been prone to over the years. Having another one of those would have been concerning. THJ and Dinwiddie were too chucky today, which is worse for Dinwiddie because chucker kind of is THJ's role, he needs to be trying harder to get Wood involved like they were doing earlier in the season
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 09:55 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka had zero turnovers.

Tonight's victory over Orlando was the 270th regular-season game of Luka's NBA career, and it was just the THIRD game in which he recorded ZERO turnovers.

Here are his previous two NO-TURNOVER games:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/box...50PHI.html  

https://www.basketball-reference.com/box...70OKC.html
[-] The following 3 users Like Hogmelon's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Luka had an incredible game. The rate at he's scoring is historic. Literal bucket. Set so many people up too. 

Honorable mention to Josh Green for again good defense and timely shots. DFS+THJ had great games as well.

McGee continues to stink the place up. It's like he's trying to get benched.

So far Wood is regressing fast. Kidd is in his head.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-31-2022, 03:00 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: So far Wood is regressing fast. Kidd is in his head.

In terms of plays called for, I don't think Wood has many of those made for him. And it's not just the last 3 games, it's the whole of 6 games. But despite having almost no plays for Wood, the guys kept on looking for him on the first 3 games.

But starting game number 4, this has stopped, and I have a few ideas why this is happening.

Wood is able to bring down the ball, but he isn't a guard who can dribble past mid court and then shoot it. From what I see with Wood, he is a team player and is working within the flow of the offense. And lately the offense doesn't give him too many opportunities to shoot. The pick and rolls with Lukas hasn't been there, these plays have been occupied with DP as the rollman. But I won't fault Luka on this, if Kidd even cares for a Wood score, he can instruct Luka to involve Wood more in other ways.

Without Luka on the floor, this should be Wood's time right? Not if you ask THJ. As I said in a prior post, THJ is a play killer. And it's no surprise, Wood's FG attempts are related to THJ's FG attempts. The chucker is taking away high percentage shots from Wood. It's just puzzling to me why any coach would choose a chucker shoot a 3 than someone who's proven to be a reliable scorer close to the basket with fouls to boot. I'm way past the thought that THJ is selfish, because he really is. I bet Kidd knows this too and allowing it.

I don't want to believe Kidd is playing mind games with Wood, nor using the game to teach him a lesson, stunts like that shouldn't happen. I'd much rather keep an id!ot of a coach than a coach who sabotages players just to prove a point. However, I don't think there's a choice, it's looking like Jason is both.
Like Reply
(10-31-2022, 03:54 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: In terms of plays called for, I don't think Wood has many of those made for him. And it's not just the last 3 games, it's the whole of 6 games. But despite having almost no plays for Wood, the guys kept on looking for him on the first 3 games.

But starting game number 4, this has stopped, and I have a few ideas why this is happening.

Wood is able to bring down the ball, but he isn't a guard who can dribble past mid court and then shoot it. From what I see with Wood, he is a team player and is working within the flow of the offense. And lately the offense doesn't give him too many opportunities to shoot. The pick and rolls with Lukas hasn't been there, these plays have been occupied with DP as the rollman. But I won't fault Luka on this, if Kidd even cares for a Wood score, he can instruct Luka to involve Wood more in other ways.

Without Luka on the floor, this should be Wood's time right? Not if you ask THJ. As I said in a prior post, THJ is a play killer. And it's no surprise, Wood's FG attempts are related to THJ's FG attempts. The chucker is taking away high percentage shots from Wood. It's just puzzling to me why any coach would choose a chucker shoot a 3 than someone who's proven to be a reliable scorer close to the basket with fouls to boot. I'm way past the thought that THJ is selfish, because he really is. I bet Kidd knows this too and allowing it.

I don't want to believe Kidd is playing mind games with Wood, nor using the game to teach him a lesson, stunts like that shouldn't happen. I'd much rather keep an id!ot of a coach than a coach who sabotages players just to prove a point. However, I don't think there's a choice, it's looking like Jason is both.

Well...I didn't want to agree with this--especially the parts about Kidd (because I was rooting for him to have changed his ways)...but I guess I have to.  Good analysis.
Like Reply
God King was the closer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-31-2022, 10:35 AM)cow Wrote: God King was the closer.
In all 6 games so far.
Like Reply