Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-30-2022, 08:20 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Didn't want McShaqtin. Didn't like the contract. Didn't like his game.

He is even worse than I imagined.

Exactly the same player that we saw in the playoffs a couple of month ago. Exactly what I expected.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Exactly the same player that we saw in the playoffs a couple of month ago.

That's the part I can't get over. THEY ARE THE TEAM WHO EXPOSED HIM.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, DrMav, Smitty
Like Reply
Wood has to closeout better than that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Halloween Green realizing the dream.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wood has to closeout better than that.

Good, active, handsy trap on the next one, however.

I don't care what you have to do, Kidd. 

If, somehow, playing Kleber at the 4 (as he's doing now) results in better play from Wood, great. DO THAT. 

Fill out the rotation with Powell and Bertans, if you don't trust Wood or Kleber out there alone, whatever. 

Just please, please, PLEASE...no more McGee.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good, active, handsy trap on the next one, however.
On the first play he got caught in between that trap and guarding his man. Needs to make a decision either way, which is what he did on the second one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Wood with 2 shots (TWO!!!) through three quarters. Ridiculous.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:36 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: On the first play he got caught in between that trap and guarding his man. Needs to make a decision either way, which is what he did on the second one.

That's accurate. I thought he had successfully deterred the guy on the first one, forcing him to give the ball up. Just didn't recover back to the shooter fast enough to finish the play off.
Like Reply
Clone Maxi. Insert some of Bertans DNA. Front court problems solved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's accurate. I thought he had successfully deterred the guy on the first one, forcing him to give the ball up. Just didn't recover back to the shooter fast enough to finish the play off.
Ya, I guess I felt he was already too far away to contest anything and hustling back could've lead to a cheap foul. You're right though, there was no hustle in that play.
Like Reply
I wonder what the rotation plan is to get from here to the end of the game. 

Kleber and Wood aren't both going to play the rest of the game. I doubt either of them will. Probably one more Powell stretch in store for us, then Kleber comes back in after a quick blow to finish the game as the 5. 

I hope it works!
Like Reply
Another 4th quarter bench run. Followed by... (feels like I already know the script)

Lets hope Kidd has learned something from yesterdays meltdown.
Like Reply
I just don't like THJ's play.
He thinks he is Steph, yes the shot went in but there are no rebounders for the Mavs, could have easily been a wasted possession.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Another 4th quarter bench run. Followed by... (feels like I already know the script)

Let´s hope Kidd has learned something from yesterdays meltdown.

That same crew (with more Kleber tonight) is out there doing good things again.

Wood is EASILY the best rebounding option at the 5. That's not so important to me, but you all told me how important it was to all of you all summer. 

He's WAY more effective on the glass than McGee. You know, because he's able to move to where the ball is going to be.

ANOTHER bit of tough dirty work done by Wood on the glass.
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
can this outfit hold a lead?
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:42 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I just don't like THJ's play.
He thinks he is Steph, yes the shot went in but there are no rebounders for the Mavs, could have easily been a wasted possession.

I like him a lot more when he isn´t chucking away from 3 or settling for midrange jumpers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
More decent rim protection from "can't play center" Christian Wood.

Deep paint catch. Shooter doesn't even attempt shot, due to the intimidating presence of "can't play center" Christian Wood.
  • Branduil, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
In the 4th quarter of a game in which he has been virtually ignored on offense, "non defender" Christian Wood is fighting his ass off on defense on nearly every possession. To varying results, to be sure, but he's playing HARD. 

Please don't screw this up, Coach Kidd.
  • dirkfansince1998, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Seems like the refs will swallow the whistle for the rest of the game. Both bigs on the floor and slow to get back. One of the things that I always loved about Dirk. He could have easily played for his numbers and get a double double but instead he was the first guy back in transition.
Like Reply
Ok, everyone pause the game. My freebirds is here.
  • Jommybone
Like Reply