Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
(10-30-2022, 07:51 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Anyone got a first half summary for me?

Pretty much the same as usual. With Luka back in rhythm and making most of his shots. Perimeter defense still terrible. Wood not getting any touches. And of course Powell getting hit in the face.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:45 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Start McGee 2nd half so you don't lose him the rest of the season.  Then pull him about a minute in or when a whistle blows.

Sadly, I think this might be the move we're about to see.

McGee caused that error. Credit where credit is due.

And then draws a foul.
Like Reply
Two possessions. Two layups in McGee´s face. Folllowed by and uncontested dunk. Rim protection???
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
...and then gives up the easiest straight line drive I've ever seen with his concrete shoes.

Seems like the plan is for Dinwiddie to get involved early. I like that.

Dinwiddie at PG for the third possession in a row. Should've taken the layup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
McGee misses a bad attempt on one end, literally makes no attempt to catch up with the opposing 5 in transition. Luckily, Bol missed in similarly comical fashion.
Like Reply
Magic just aren't scared of McGee. Attacking him whenever they can get...and they're not worried about his "rim-rolling" threat either. So basically everything the Mavs wanted from him as the top FA priority
Like Reply
Guys, I'm begging you to realize this: IT IS A RUNNING SPORT. 
MCGEE is TOO SLOOOOOOOW
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
When Slovenia won the eurobaskets prior to Luka´s rookie season Luka was a willing catch and shoot option. Whatever happened in the following years lead us to the current situation where Luka isn´t even taking wide open 3s. Instead waits for the defender and takes a contested step back.
Like Reply
McGee already pulled in favor of actual NBA player Dwight Powell.
Like Reply
Prediction that Luka would slow down was spot on. Hasn´t scored in the 3rd. Is coasting on defense.
Like Reply
Luka hurt now, just sit him for the rest of this one and deal with whatever happens...the blowout loss
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Prediction that Luka would slow down was spot on. Hasn´t scored in the 3rd. Is coasting on defense.

Hands on his knees coming out of timeout. 

Tough to blame him, knowing what he had to shoulder just to keep them in the game to this point on the second night of a back to back.

Excellent cut, excellent pass.

Powell out there causing havoc on defense just by 

A) knowing the rotations and having chemistry with DFS and Bullock

B) being able to move

C) trying hard

AND HE'S THE ONE WHO DIDN'T HAVE THE NIGHT OFF LAST NIGHT
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Tough to blame him, knowing what he had to shoulder just to keep them in the game to this point on the second night of a back to back.

Not blaming Luka. Scheme and gameplan. Mavs offense is 2/3 Luka iso, 1/3 SD iso. That´s it. Basically no off ball movement. And even the pick and roll is only used to force switches.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
Luka with good help defense. Teammates unable to retrieve 50/50 ball
Like Reply
Didn't want McShaqtin. Didn't like the contract. Didn't like his game.

He is even worse than I imagined.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
Why can't we accidentally hit everyone in the face?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:20 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Didn't want McShaqtin. Didn't like the contract. Didn't like his game.

He is even worse than I imagined.

I know, my dude. I was right there with you. 

Your prize for being right: a gradual resumption of Powell's role
Like Reply
Luka alone has more FGAs than all other starters combined. Luka + SD combine for 35 FGAs. Rest of the team 26. Mavs rank 28th in assists per game. Are on pace to drop even further. That´s not sustainable. Luka is reaching usage numbers that are almost 10% higher than peak Harden/Westbrook.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not blaming Luka. Scheme and gameplan. Mavs offense is 2/3 Luka iso, 1/3 SD iso. That´s it. Basically no off ball movement. And even the pick and roll is only used to force switches.
With JB last year it was 1/2 Luka, 3/8 JB, 1/8 SD. Same gameplan, more handlers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 08:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka is reaching usage numbers that are almost 10% higher than peak Harden/Westbrook.

It's so chicken and egg for me. 

On one hand, it's not crazy to wonder if he's being a bit selfish. On the other, imagine what would be happening if his usage wasn't this high. 

On one hand, I get it - Brunson is gone, with no replacement. On the other hand, are they trying to redesign the offense around what they do have, or are they just now realizing that what worked last year won't work this year with no Brunson?
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply