Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
Pretty sure that I could back down Bol Bol. Even his father wasn´t as skinny.
Like Reply
Welp, if the Magic keep this strategy going of letting Luka do whatever he wants, we're going to find out if he can single-handedly win a game from stem to stern.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Welp, if the Magic keep this strategy going of letting Luka do whatever he wants, we're going to find out if he can single-handedly win a game from stem to stern.

He's already missing free throws.  Magic just need to keep it close.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
My way, way, WAY too early prediction for this season:

Instead of hoping for playoff success, we might need to start hopping for juuuuuust enough wins to allow Luka to win an MVP. Because that seems like a more attainable goal at this time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Powell doing his thing...getting stops with his face.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I guess elbowing Diamond in the face isn't a foul.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant, dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Unlike McGee, Powell keeps his head in the game.
[-] The following 3 users Like BoredAssistant's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:31 PM)cow Wrote: I guess elbowing Diamond in the face isn't a foul.

In the refs' defense, if they called it every time he'd average about 22 free throws per game.

(10-30-2022, 07:32 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Unlike McGee, Powell keeps his head in the game.

[Image: ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif]

Does McGee save that possession? 

Spoiler alert: no, he does not.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:31 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: My way, way, WAY too early prediction for this season:

Instead of hoping for playoff success, we might need to start hopping for juuuuuust enough wins to allow Luka to win an MVP. Because that seems like a more attainable goal at this time.

I hope that at some point they will realize that they cannot continue with the same strategy. But who am I kidding. It´s the Mavs. In the big picture they haven´t changed anything in the last 10-15 years.
Like Reply
Damnit, Diamond.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:36 PM)cow Wrote: Damnit, Diamond.

Would've been one of DFS' top 10 career plays on offense.

Luka is on a mission tonight. Lord, give him the gas to finish the game strongly.

Someone needs to take his jug of homemade Arnold Palmer away at halftime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Luka didn't forget what Wagner did last season! (I forgot what Wagner did last season)
Like Reply
Who starts the 2nd half, McGee or Powell?????
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:40 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Luka didn't forget what Wagner did last season! (I forgot what Wagner did last season)

Talked shit, got hit.  Not sure which Wagner it was though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: buyer's remorse with McGee

I mean I hated the signing for anything more than the minimum, but then talked myself into it. But now realizing my initial reaction was probably right.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Start McGee 2nd half so you don't lose him the rest of the season.  Then pull him about a minute in or when a whistle blows.
Like Reply
I didn’t scroll back. Any comments about Luka’s conditioning?
Like Reply
Anyone got a first half summary for me?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Just scrolled. Now I want to point out that Luka scored 30 points, at will, on the second night of a b2b, with scrubs. Maybe the praise will offset some of the negativity! Hope Luka can beat the Magic!
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:51 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Anyone got a first half summary for me?

McGee sucked, benched within 3 minutes. 

Everyone else with subpar effort until about the 8 minute mark of quarter two, when they started playing and tied it up. Powell given McGee's normal minutes during the second. 

Luka in God mode, Magic not doubling and paying the price. We're speculating that he'll run out of gas, but if not he might score 60.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply