Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: ORL (1-6) @ DAL (3-3) | 114-105 win
Clean block.
Like Reply
Can't say Luka didn't play hard this quarter, imo. 

Not sure about everyone else.

Come on, Dinwiddie, THJ and Wood! Show us some semblance of chemistry on offense.
Like Reply
I hate the lack of shot attempts for Wood these last couple games.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Can't say Luka didn't play hard this quarter, imo. 

Not sure about everyone else.

It's how you defend the Mavs now.  Play Luka straight up for three quarters and let him drive as much as he wants.  In the 4th quarter you'll have fatigue as an extra defender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I hate the lack of shot attempts for Wood these last couple games.

Well, hopefully he's about to get super involved while Luka sits.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I hate the lack of shot attempts for Wood these last couple games.

Seems like they are reading this thread. Start the quarter with a designed play for Wood. Get 2+1. Good things happen when Wood gets deep into the paint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Luka has taken 30% of the teams shots through five games....50% of their shots in this first quarter.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:11 PM)cow Wrote: It's how you defend the Mavs now.  Play Luka straight up for three quarters and let him drive as much as he wants.  In the 4th quarter you'll have fatigue as an extra defender.

I think you're onto something here. 

Imagine if the ball moved for 3 quarters and he waited to "go off" until the last 6 minutes...they wouldn't be able to stop it.
Like Reply
Green missed but that´s the kind of shot he has to take. Progress...
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Clearly trying to set up Wood in the post early in this quarter.

(10-30-2022, 07:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Clearly trying to set up Wood in the post early in this quarter.

...at least they WERE
Like Reply
Mavs need to start making shots, because I can already tell 50/50 balls aren't going to be their friends tonight.
Like Reply
Josh with some confidence on the offensive end tonight.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:16 PM)cow Wrote: Josh with some confidence on the offensive end tonight.

He hasn't turned into a pumpkin yet.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Mavs need to start making shots, because I can already tell 50/50 balls aren't going to be their friends tonight.

I think @"Chicagojk" called it winning plays. Mavs aren´t making them. Magic get every single lose ball.
Like Reply
Powell getting McGee's stretch of the 2nd...I think we might be in for a lot of buyer's remorse with McGee.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He hasn't turned into a pumpkin yet.

Let's see what happens to his confidence after that dumb turnover.

Stephen F Austin represent!
Like Reply
We can wait for a bigger sample size but I am getting really concerned about the defensive rating of SD lineups. Not like the defense has been great without him but once he enters the floor it turns into the league worst.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie watches the ball bounce to a Magic player because he assumes DFS has it. DFS rightly caring about the guy he's boxing out more than the ball. Sickening.
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell getting McGee's stretch of the 2nd...I think we might be in for a lot of buyer's remorse with McGee.

still such a confusing signing
a 15 mpg Powell clone was the last thing we needed after Brunson left. Scoring/passing was a much bigger need
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(10-30-2022, 07:25 PM)Jym Wrote: still such a confusing signing
a 15 mpg Powell clone was the last thing we needed after Brunson left. Scoring/passing was a much bigger need

[Image: preaching-to-the-choir-preach-it-sister.gif]
Like Reply