Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka (+20, 41 pts, 14 ast, 11 rbd, 3 stl)
80.77%
21 80.77%
THJ (-1, 18 pts, 2 blk, 1 ast, 2 rbd)
3.85%
1 3.85%
Maxi (+15, 15 pts, 1 ast, 1 rbd)
7.69%
2 7.69%
JG (+3, 10 pts, 1 ast, 4 rbd, 1 stl, 3-3 threes)
7.69%
2 7.69%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 4 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (81%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game above normal to help the team win?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1585821663337201664
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Between Maxi and Luka. And with the recent Maxi slander on this board he gets my vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
Maxi was the German Shepard tonight.
Like Reply
Welp...somebody is going to need a pretty special game before I'll give them the Dirkie over a triple double.  So, Luka it is.

Kleber, Hardaway, Wood, and Green off the bench all in double figures.  Add Dinwiddie (to Luka) from the starters, and you have 6 people in double figures.  Not too shabby.  We can spank Bullock for only scoring 9.

Honorable mention to Josh Green.

Well played game by both teams, though I think the Mavs should have put it to bed earlier.  I really dislike playing to take time off the clock--on offense!  Score!...then take time off the clock on defense.  Radical concept.  Once again I'll stand by the door as teams clamber at the door for a new head coach.

...still waiting...
Like Reply
One does not simply ignore 41/11/14, 2/6 from three and 11/13 from the line and team high +20.

Especially the 2/6 and the 11/13!

Honorable mentions to Maxi, THJ and JG.
[-] The following 3 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Jommybone, Kammrath, mvossman
Like Reply
Luka of course.

Runner up:

Maxi is play-off Maxi, doesn't get it because he has only 1 rebound.
Green for only passing up one open shot.
THJ for upping his trade value.
[-] The following 3 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • F Gump, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 09:45 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Especially the 2/6 and the 11/13!

PREACH. Luka getting twice as many FTAs as 3PAs is a HUGE win for the team. Luka attacked and attacked and did not settle. Halleluka!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
That was as much of a one man show as I’ve seen.  And it took all of Luka’s GOAT level skills to edge by a struggling Brooklyn team on the second night of a back to back. What a performance.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Jommybone, Smitty
Like Reply
I can’t vote for THJ, Maxi, or Josh because they didn’t go 41/11/14. I mean, it’s ok for them to get votes I guess. But not really.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
That´s the crazy thing about Luka and maybe I am taking him for granted but I thought that despite his insane boxscore it wasn´t even a great game from him. He missed a couple of layups. Played lazy transition defense. Had some really bad turnovers in the fourth quarter. Including the one that allowed the Nets to score with 8s to go. He can have a normal day in the office an still outplay Kyrie and KD.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
Luka's last 3 minutes in the 4th and his play in OT was insane. Had a couple of bad turnovers (but lets face it so did everyone), but overall insane game. 

3:07 down 4 Luka drives in and hits a crazy layup

Grabs the rebound and then goes right at Irving and draws the foul at 2:30, hitting both free throws. Game tied. 

10 seconds later he steals the ball from Irving. 

Theeeeen it starts to slow down after he heaves up a prayer and Durant gets the crazy block on him. But he found Bullock on an insane pass for the win that just didn't drop.

In OT he again was insane. Hits a pullup to start it off and then finds 3 passes all for threes which effectively iced the game. 

Dirkie material all the way. Honorable mention to DFS for his lockdown D on Durant.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone, Smitty
Like Reply
Honorable mention to the camera guy who caught that cheap elbow from KD to DFS’s chin between free throws shortly before halftime. What a punk move.
Like Reply
(10-28-2022, 12:36 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s the crazy thing about Luka and maybe I am taking him for granted but I thought that despite his insane boxscore it wasn´t even a great game from him. He missed a couple of layups. Played lazy transition defense. Had some really bad turnovers in the fourth quarter. Including the one that allowed the Nets to score with 8s to go. He can have a normal day in the office an still outplay Kyrie and KD.

Kinda what i thought. His +/- was 20, and it could been easily +30. In the 1st quarter alone he stayed on the floor, and the Nets made two 3's who was basically the result of him not running back.

In the 2nd quarter he stayed on the floor too, and the rest of the Mavs defended 4 vs. 5 for easily 10 secs, Nets scored another layup. We are already at 8 pts the Nets scored before the half in 4 vs. 5 situations.

The game at times was wild in general. So many boneheaded plays and turnovers. THJ lob attempt (???), SD throwing the ball out of bounds, Luka TO in the 4th. Could have made their own Shaqtin' A Fool version of the Mavs. Is that the McGee effect? Big Grin
Like Reply
40+ point triple double, game leading +20. Luka is the only choice
Like Reply
MVP Luka
Like Reply
[Image: usa_today_19308183.0.jpg]
Like Reply