Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss
(10-25-2022, 01:54 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If you watch closely, they have called his number a few times on lobs, so they are trying to get him involved. The PG hasn’t thrown the pass the times I’ve noticed the play call, so it hasn’t happened.  That three he hit against Memphis was quick and clean.

I wish he’d have pulled the trigger on that turnover as much as anyone.  The angle wasn’t ideal and unfortunately, he went to what appears to be his comfortable place and THJ wasn’t open.  It was a bad look at a point in time when momentum was slipping.  I’ve seen Maxi and DFS make similar decisions, but they weren’t the 18th pick and are held to a different standard.  

I watch Green pretty closely and I haven’t seen too much else I’d criticize.  The team is absolutely killing it when he’s in the game.  I get that he has little to do with that, but it is kind of fun to see the bench shine and project what that might mean over a full season.  Personally, I’m just not interested in spending time looking for clouds on sunny days.  I’ll probably hold my overreactions until about 20 games in.

I actually think he is contributing to that success, its just all on the defensive end.  It will be interesting to see what he does with potentially more opportunities with Timmy out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: DAL (1-1) @ NOP (2-1) | Oct 25, 6:30 pm | Mavs 0.0 pt & 5.5 pt (Vegas) favs - by mvossman - 10-25-2022, 02:44 PM