Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ NOP (3-1) | 111-113 loss
Heart 
[Image: Ff4GmKJXkAAGR2l?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
First TNT game of the year, and another opportunity for Mavs fans to watch without Bally messing it up. Makes this a must win game.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrMav's post:
  • Hypermav, ItsGoTime, LifeAquatic, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Curious to see if Zion plays. He left against Utah with a hip contusion.

Valanciunas has had a history of absolutely destroying the Mavs. This is the first time in a very long time where we have some competent bigs to slow him down. That is a matchup I am closely looking at.

NOP has been relying on McCollum to play point guard and create. It's lead to some success. I'm watching to see how/if Bullock/Green/DFS can affect his creation, and if so does that paralyze the Pels offense.

Ingram has been on a tear, going to be tough night for DFS and Maxi.

As far as the Mavs, I just want Luka to continue doing Luka things. Also I'm looking for Wood to keep playing within the system (as he's averaging a point a minute).

Spencer needs to start attacking more imo. I've felt he's been a bit passive. He's settled for some crazy threes instead of barreling into the lane for free throws. I hope he starts to pick that up.

Biggest x-factor is THJ. Dude has looked awful. He seems to have the "all about me" mindset while he's out there. Every chance he gets he looks to score. I remember a moment against MEM in the 4th where he had an awful first half where he just drove in the lane out of control and drew an and-1. He could've kicked it out to 3 other open guys for a 3. He then screamed "that's what I f****** do". I'm afraid THJ is trying to get his, and makes me nervous for the future. Hopefully Kidd manages to reign in these tendencies.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 09:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ingram has been on a tear, going to be tough night for DFS and Maxi.
He is out for concussion protocol.  They have several guys banged up.  Mavs need to take advantage.
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 09:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ingram has been on a tear, going to be tough night for DFS and Maxi.

You got that backwards pal. Water covers two thirds of the earth, Dorian covers the rest.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 10:17 PM)Hypermav Wrote: He is out for concussion protocol.  They have several guys banged up.  Mavs need to take advantage.

Totally missed that. Agreed the Mavs have to take advantage if Zion and Ingram both end up needing a rest day. 

(10-24-2022, 10:30 PM)cow Wrote: You got that backwards pal. Water covers two thirds of the earth, Dorian covers the rest.

That's a new and a pretty good one at that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 10:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That's a new and a pretty good one at that.

Just don't tell Prime Time that I stole it from him.
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 10:38 PM)cow Wrote: Just don't tell Prime Time that I stole it from him.

I had that poster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/status...56640?s=46&t=I-2IjrBBs_BTuLNA_w3n3A
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 11:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/status...56640?s=46&t=I-2IjrBBs_BTuLNA_w3n3A

Hopefully can take advantage
Then the next game we get the Nets on the second night of a back-to-back

Then after that we have a stretch of 12 games where we should be favored every night. Maybe Vegas would have the road game in Washington against us if they stay hot and healthy. I think they'll give us all the home games.
Big stretch
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 10:17 PM)Hypermav Wrote: He is out for concussion protocol.  They have several guys banged up.  Mavs need to take advantage.

That's too bad. Can't get a true evaluation of the matchup with their key players out with injuries. Oh well, maybe next time.
Like Reply
(10-24-2022, 10:17 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Mavs need to take advantage.

Absolutely.  More minutes for Powell!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BoredAssistant's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
THJ out tonight. Who gets the extra minutes? Does Wood get more than 25 minutes this game?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1584922943658000385
Like Reply
I almost like our chances better if Zion and Ingram do play (Ingram's out almost for sure though). If they're there Luka won't play lackluster. Last year we had a tendency to putz around against clearly inferior opponents
Like Reply
With Hardaway out, this may be an opportunity for Green to do something - other than what he's been doing.

The opportunity for minutes isn't going to get any better with Frankie, Bertans, and Hardaway all sitting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • Jommybone, KillerLeft
Like Reply
per Pels message board: "Herb Jones and Zion Williamson have been downgraded to OUT for tonight’s game."
Like Reply
(10-25-2022, 11:04 AM)MrGoat Wrote: I almost like our chances better if Zion and Ingram do play (Ingram's out almost for sure though). If they're there Luka won't play lackluster. Last year we had a tendency to putz around against clearly inferior opponents

Good observation. I think there were also lots of old-school, bruising teams who weren’t very good but could take advantage of our thin interior defense. Knicks especially. Those days appear to be over. 

Will be a good test of this coaching staff whether we put away bad teams this year. Game 2 against a depleted Griz roster was a promising start.
Like Reply
(10-25-2022, 11:08 AM)Winter Wrote: With Hardaway out, this may be an opportunity for Green to do something - other than what he's been doing.

The opportunity for minutes isn't going to get any better with Frankie, Bertans, and Hardaway all sitting.

I've felt like Green has gotten plenty of opportunity already. Kidd has played him 18 mins in the first game and 16 mins in the second game. Both games he's looked largely non-existent for great portions on offense. 

I wrote a little while ago that I felt it'd take until December before Josh felt comfortable and by then the Mavs should know whether or not the guy will ever be an NBA player. But I figured he'd be flashing SOMETHING new at least early on. He hasn't at all. So far he's the same guy and my confidence is waning. Although I keep telling myself, it's been 2 games so I'm not trying to get ahead of myself.
Like Reply
(10-25-2022, 11:47 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I've felt like Green has gotten plenty of opportunity already. Kidd has played him 18 mins in the first game and 16 mins in the second game. Both games he's looked largely non-existent for great portions on offense. 

I wrote a little while ago that I felt it'd take until December before Josh felt comfortable and by then the Mavs should know whether or not the guy will ever be an NBA player. But I figured he'd be flashing SOMETHING new at least early on. He hasn't at all. So far he's the same guy and my confidence is waning. Although I keep telling myself, it's been 2 games so I'm not trying to get ahead of myself.

My post was largely for the Green fan club. I'm not in that club. His stats are largely irrelevant to this team.

If Hardy or Pinson start getting minutes, we can pretty much assume Green is on his way out. I honestly hope he plays well just to give him at least some value in a trade.
Like Reply