Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
SD (+23, 15 pts, 2 ast, 2 rbd)
2.94%
1 2.94%
Luka (+31, 32 pts, 2 blk, 2 stl, 10 ast, 7 rbd)
55.88%
19 55.88%
Wood (+22, 25 pts, 3 ast, 12 rbd, 12-14 FTs)
41.18%
14 41.18%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 DIRKIE: Winner Luka (56%) | Runner-up Wood (41%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game above normal to help the team win?
Like Reply
I'm going to vote Dinwiddie.  Last season, he came into an established team and quickly accepted the pecking order behind Jalen.  Jalen being a traitorous rat fled to New York.  Now Spencer could think to himself, "I'm #2 on this team" and no one could really blame him.  Fast forward to the pre-season and he really felt like he was focusing on getting other players involved rather than himself.  And in this first two games of the regular, he picks his spots but has no problem letting Wood take that #2 role.  I think he likes the team culture here.  I think he enjoys winning.  Just look at how happy he was chopping it up on the bench with Wood when the game was out of hand.  Great teammate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • haveitall
Like Reply
Luka set a great tone but Wood has got to be the front runner for 6th man of the year right now. If he goes for 25+ again I might have to start raising my expectations on what it would take for him to get a Dirkie like we have to do with Luka
Like Reply
Luka had the game won before the first quarter was over.
[-] The following 4 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft, mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Early season.  Luka's doing what we expect him to do.  This means he really won't get many Dirkies in the future.  So...I'll give this one to him.

The entire team played well...unlike the first game.

I might have given the Dirkie to Wood, but I noticed a couple instances of possible frustration on the offensive end.  Can't take even a few seconds off.  Maybe next time.
Like Reply
I will give it to Luka.  He set the tone early and this team is just different when he plays like that.  

If we are grading on the Luka curve though, Wood is definitely deserving.
Like Reply
I voted for Wood, he made 12-14 FTs, talk about elevating his play above normal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes speedkilz88's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
(10-23-2022, 03:26 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: I voted for Wood, he made 12-14 FTs, talk about elevating his play above normal.

Good point. Raised his season average by 32.5% in one game.
Like Reply
Automatic award for Luka if he decides to play defense.

Runner-ups:
Wood for the FT improvement.
SD for being the glue for the second straight game. This guy is an absolute team-first guy. Dirk would have loved him.
DFS for stifling Morant.

Special mention to Dorsey.
He does the same things as THJ which is just shoot and no questions asked. The way THJ is shooting, I can gamble with Dorsey playing the same role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
[Image: usa_today_19283969.0.jpg]
Like Reply