Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(02-03-2023, 06:41 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Looking back, only the vocal minority liked McShaqtin. Here is a real quote from this board though…

“I can't believe y'all don't like this signing.

McGee was probably the best backup big in the league last year. 5 mil for that is still HALF of what we're paying Powell.

Him starting doesn't really matter. Powell started every playoff game for 3 minutes, and it had no effect to what the Mavs were doing. McGee even at age 35 is better than Powell today.”

I'm 80% sure you're quoting me.

And I've officially ate the biggest fat piece of stank crow for it. I already admitted I was so wrong. Like SO wrong. I truly believed they'd be getting a hyper efficient role guy that can defend the rim and play 15mpg. He was that in PHX, and LA where he excelled. 

I also thought he was cheap enough that 5 mil a year wasn't an albatross even if he regressed a little.

What I didn't realize is that the dude decided to stop playing basketball altogether ala Deandre Jordan after he got his last big contract. FML. What a horrible signing. 

Powell looks like Superman next to McGee.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 08:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm 80% sure you're quoting me.

And I've officially ate the biggest fat piece of stank crow for it. I already admitted I was so wrong. Like SO wrong. I truly believed they'd be getting a hyper efficient role guy that can defend the rim and play 15mpg. He was that in PHX, and LA where he excelled. 

I also thought he was cheap enough that 5 mil a year wasn't an albatross even if he regressed a little.

What I didn't realize is that the dude decided to stop playing basketball altogether ala Deandre Jordan after he got his last big contract. FML. What a horrible signing. 

Powell looks like Superman next to McGee.

Yeah it was you haha. I just wasn’t trying to call anyone out. Like I said above, everyone has been wrong about something.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(02-03-2023, 08:28 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Yeah it was you haha. I just wasn’t trying to call anyone out. Like I said above, everyone has been wrong about something.

HA!

I had a feeling. No prob I wasn't feeling called out. Moreso embarrassed rereading my terrible take. 

I'd rather take Wang Zhi Zhi on a 10 mil contract right now than keep McGee.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dmn_mavericks/status...7948312576
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/chriswood_5/status/1...57668?s=46&t=8FBTy9jmS4XuCzZigQSJzQ
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DominickNBA/status/1...0676421633
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheLaurenGunn/status...6104686592
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 04:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheLaurenGunn/status...6104686592

I would guess she is hinting at Marcus Morris?

Does she have any intel or just guessing?
Like Reply
She never has intel, and she doesn't even have the conviction to guess because that would expose the grift. It's safe to ignore clickbait artists.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 03:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/DominickNBA/status/1...0676421633

They can have Wood if we can have Zubac and some 2nds.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 04:33 PM)Tyler Wrote: She never has intel, and she doesn't even have the conviction to guess because that would expose the grift. It's safe to ignore clickbait artists.

Could the player coming from the Clippers end up in Brooklyn.  The Nets don't need a pure PG with so much O running through KD.  Maybe Norman Powell ends up in Brooklyn?
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 05:13 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Could the player coming from the Clippers end up in Brooklyn.  The Nets don't need a pure PG with so much O running through KD.  Maybe Norman Powell ends up in Brooklyn?

Now that's something that could make sense. Using Wood to get a piece that Brooklyn wants could be an effective way to strike a deal.
Like Reply
I like Dans idea

Zubac is better than Wood and signed to an incredibly cheap contract. Clippers view Wood as a rental backup for Zubac for a title run.
Like Reply
(02-04-2023, 05:51 PM)Tyler Wrote: Now that's something that could make sense. Using Wood to get a piece that Brooklyn wants could be an effective way to strike a deal.

I may have had this backwards.  Maybe we are joining the LAC/Brooklyn trade.  Maybe the Nets end up with one of Covington/Morris plus Norman Powell and we end up with Zubac with Wood/Irving going to LAC.  Morris/Powell works straight up.  If it is Covington/Powell, the Clips have to add another salary (like Mann).   

Zubac is a Schwartz guy and is signed for the two years Dallas wants Wood to sign for.  He's one of the best O-Rebounders in the league (recall the Iztok article).   He was at the "Balkan Dinner" with Luka and Boban and Jokic during the bubble in 2020.  I wouldn't have liked a deal for Bojan if Wood was playing center, but like a Zubac/Bojan front-court.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...0071101440
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...0071101440

That dude must have some skeletons in the closet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 11:19 PM)Smitty Wrote: That dude must have some skeletons in the closet.

Bizarro World Dwight Powell.
Like Reply
Just heard from Locked-On-Mavs that Wood wants to stay, but the front office is only willing to give him 2 years which he rightfully should turn down.

Can the Mavs just extend him and trade him by next season's TDL?
Why is the FO so adamant on a decision to trade him when there is an avenue for them to keep him?
Is this Kidd whispering to Cuban?

There is no fair trade out there for CWood, the Mavs would always get less, so why trade him and throw away the chance of competing this season? Kyrie might be gone next season, and their chances of winning it all might not be better than it is today.

IMHO..

4year extension > what they'll get in return for a trade.
[-] The following 2 users Like Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 03:33 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Just heard from Locked-On-Mavs that Wood wants to stay, but the front office is only willing to give him 2 years which he rightfully should turn down.

Can the Mavs just extend him and trade him by next season's TDL?
Why is the FO so adamant on a decision to trade him when there is an avenue for them to keep him?
Is this Kidd whispering to Cuban?

There is no fair trade out there for CWood, the Mavs would always get less, so why trade him and throw away the chance of competing this season? Kyrie might be gone next season, and their chances of winning it all might not be better than it is today.

IMHO..

4year extension > what they'll get in return for a trade.

Theres no reason for the Mavs to only want him for 2 years IMO. Dude is 27 and right in his prime, not 32. If they like his skillset enough to want to keep him for 2 years, it's not going to change keeping him until he's 30-31. The best upcoming FA class is easily the 2025 one, so a two year extension doesn't even match up with that if that's what they were going for. A 4 year extension matches Luka's contract also.

I wonder if they mean they offered him an extension which the max they can offer is 2 years right now. I'm hoping it's that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 03:33 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: There is no fair trade out there for CWood, the Mavs would always get less, so why trade him and throw away the chance of competing this season? Kyrie might be gone next season, and their chances of winning it all might not be better than it is today.

It all depends how they see the Irving situation and it is possible they see him as a long term solution. In this case, I am not sure there is place for Wood. Doesn't mean I agree with the strategy, just pointing out what Mavs thinking might be. Since they went with Kyrie, I guess they made their gamble and all we can do is hope it will work.
Like Reply