Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current roster - player tradability tier list
(01-13-2024, 02:31 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Yeah, the idea of trading a player pretty much entirely depends on return outside of Luka. I don’t really get attached to professional players. Just want my team to win.

Except O-Max. The Mavs cannot trade O-Max. I forbid it.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Updated based on recent games:

S tier - Luka and Lively.
A tier - Exum, Kyrie (will likely descend a tier yearly), OMax
B tier - DJJ, Maxi, THJ
C tier - Grant Williams, Josh Green, Seth, Hardy, Morris, Powell
D tier - Holmes.
Like Reply
(01-13-2024, 02:31 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Yeah, the idea of trading a player pretty much entirely depends on return outside of Luka. I don’t really get attached to professional players. Just want my team to win.

I have to admit that Grant Williams tested my values here. I was pretty much ready for him to go for any return. He seems like a decent guy but just not that serious of a player. I wish him well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(01-05-2024, 04:49 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Tier lists have become quite popular in recent years. Meanwhile, it's trade season. I figured I would rank the Mavs' current roster by tiers - S (untouchable), A (only for a well-fitting star), B (sure, in the right circumstances), C (more trade bait than not), and D (dump if possible). Only counting our 15 non-2-way players.

S tier - Luka and Lively. Exum is close.
A tier - Exum, Kyrie (will likely descend a tier yearly), OMax, DJJ
B tier - Grant Williams, Josh Green
C tier - Seth, Hardy, Maxi, Morris, Powell
D tier - Oof. THJ, Holmes.

If you had to re-do your list today, what would it look like?
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 10:49 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: If you had to re-do your list today, what would it look like?

Obviously Grant Williams is gone, as is Seth. Basically same as what I said in my January 26th post, plus PJ and Gafford in A tier, plus THJ reduced to C tier.
Like Reply
S Luka Kyrie Gafford PJ
A Exum Lively DJJ
B Green THJ Kleber
C Lawson Omax Hardy
D Morris Powell
[-] The following 1 user Likes myconsumerclub's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-11-2024, 02:22 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Obviously Grant Williams is gone, as is Seth. Basically same as what I said in my January 26th post, plus PJ and Gafford in A tier, plus THJ reduced to C tier.

Reading through your iterations and the lists of other members from the beginning of the year makes me appreciate not only the smarts in this forum, but the wizardry our front office pulled of by getting both Washington and Gafford without losing any „live-assets“, which means capable players on the roster for this and next season. 

Only thing nobody projected was Maxi rounding back into form to become a key defensive player for us again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 12:29 AM)myconsumerclub Wrote: S Luka Kyrie Gafford PJ
A Exum Lively DJJ
B Green THJ Kleber
C Lawson Omax Hardy
D Morris Powell

Blasphemy. OMax isn't JAG. OMax is HIM. Moreover, while I think that PJ is likely the perfect fit for this roster and wouldn't dispute him at S, putting Gafford there seems like a stretch, and putting him over Lively borderline ridiculous. Don't think you were paying attention to Lively's defensive gravity - as a freaking rookie. Don't let Gafford's shinier stats fool you. Lively's plus/minus numbers were always larger. Presuming his health in the playoffs, he's going to drive our opponents' offensive benches absolutely nuts. Gafford's tier rating will depend on how many combined minutes he and DLive have in the postseason. If it's close to 48, then putting Gafford in S tier is defensible (while failing to put Lively there is most rotundly NOT).

Green in B is a stretch. Let's see how he does in the playoffs. If he makes an impact, he gets back to B for me.

I don't think Kyrie can be placed in S tier given his injury history and his historical off-the-court antics. This is about trade category, not current importance to the team. Obviously, he's second only to Luka in those terms.

And THJ in B tier? Makes me wonder if you've watched the Mavs since 2019.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 11:37 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: OMax isn't JAG. OMax is HIM. Moreover, while I think that PJ is likely the perfect fit for this roster and wouldn't dispute him at S, putting Gafford there seems like a stretch, and putting him over Lively borderline ridiculous. Don't think you were paying attention to Lively's defensive gravity - as a freaking rookie. Don't let Gafford's shinier stats fool you. Lively's plus/minus numbers were always larger. Presuming his health in the playoffs, he's going to drive our opponents' offensive benches absolutely nuts. Gafford's tier rating will depend on how many combined minutes he and DLive have in the postseason. If it's close to 48, then putting Gafford in S tier is defensible (while failing to put Lively there is most rotundly NOT).

Green in B is a stretch. Let's see how he does in the playoffs. If he makes an impact, he gets back to B for me.

I don't think Kyrie can be placed in S tier given his injury history and his historical off-the-court antics. This is about trade category, not current importance to the team. Obviously, he's second only to Luka in those terms.

And THJ in B tier? Makes me wonder if you've watched the Mavs since 2019.

Interesting. It seems like you're talking possible future for OMax and DLive, and past for Kyrie. 

Let's talk present. 

OMax isn't HIM. We have hope for what he becomes, but at the moment he's a raw prospect. I'd be happy if he could reach DFS level. 

In the present I think Gafford is ahead of DLive. That's no insult to the rookie though, he's been great! I love that we have both. And Lively may prove to be the better within the next couple years. Gafford isn't old, though. Here's to hoping we keep them both around and that they both do great things here. 

I hated bringing Kyrie here. But he has won me over, not just with his play, but amazingly, for what a healthy, positive leader he has been for this team. I did not see that coming. Kudos Kyrie! He's been an absolute star here. I'm not going to say otherwise based on his past. His present is what matters, I think.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 05:50 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Interesting. It seems like you're talking possible future for OMax and DLive, and past for Kyrie. 

Let's talk present. 

OMax isn't HIM. We have hope for what he becomes, but at the moment he's a raw prospect. I'd be happy if he could reach DFS level. 

In the present I think Gafford is ahead of DLive. That's no insult to the rookie though, he's been great! I love that we have both. And Lively may prove to be the better within the next couple years. Gafford isn't old, though. Here's to hoping we keep them both around and that they both do great things here. 

I hated bringing Kyrie here. But he has won me over, not just with his play, but amazingly, for what a healthy, positive leader he has been for this team. I did not see that coming. Kudos Kyrie! He's been an absolute star here. I'm not going to say otherwise based on his past. His present is what matters, I think.

It's about tradability, not about their current importance to the team. Note that none of this is relevant at this point until the playoffs are over, but I stand by my tier placements. Green is the only one with a solid chance to move up.
Like Reply
(04-14-2024, 06:05 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It's about tradability, not about their current importance to the team. Note that none of this is relevant at this point until the playoffs are over, but I stand by my tier placements. Green is the only one with a solid chance to move up.

gotcha
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
My end of the season grades (0-10 for every game of the season).

UNTOUCHABLE (7.0 to 10.0)

Irving (7.46)
Doncic (7.44)

KEEPER (6.0 to 7.0)

Gafford (6.95)
Exum (6.64)
Lively (6.56)
Washington (6.38)
Jones Jr. (6.01)

FILLERS (5.0 to 6.0)

Kleber (5.93)
Hardy (5.58)
Green (5.56)
Hardaway (5.56)
Kidd (5.49)

INCOMPLETE (Not enough minutes to fill the criteria)

O-Max
Lawson
Morris
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply