Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: DAL (0-1) @ PHX (1-0) | 105-107 loss
Heart 
[Image: 1237868878.0.jpg]
Like Reply
[Image: fs160cluuaat3k3.webp]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
We all tune in because of Luka, but it takes a team.

Who/what are you most interested in seeing tonight (other than Luka)?

New guys like CWood or McGee?
Returning guys like Hardaway?
Young guys like Hardy and Green?
New PnR combos like Luka/McGee or Luka/Wood?

Defensive effort from Luka? Defensive effectiveness of new guys?

So many things that have been chewed over these last few months, I'm curious about what some of our more involved board inhabitants are thinking.

For one thing, considering how DAL defeated PHX last May, I wondering if Luka starts out with that bratty grin we see above.
Like Reply
(10-18-2022, 12:05 PM)michaeltex Wrote: We all tune in because of Luka, but it takes a team.

So many things that have been chewed over these last few months, I'm curious about what some of our more involved board inhabitants are thinking.

For one thing, considering how DAL defeated PHX last May, I wondering if Luka starts out with that bratty grin we see above.

C Wood will be my primary interest, both in terms of contribution and attitude w/respect to his role.  Next, McGee and Hardaway. . . . . and Spencer 
[-] The following 4 users Like WildArkieBoy's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(10-18-2022, 12:05 PM)michaeltex Wrote: Who/what are you most interested in seeing tonight (other than Luka)?

My main thing I'm going to be looking at is seeing how Wood integrates when Luka sits. Does Dinwiddie find him? Will Wood have a consistent defensive effort? If all those boxes are checked then I think we'll see a great game from him, which will be necessary.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Ayton comes out and destroys Wood and we all have a Chicken Little sky is falling moment. But I won't panic as it's the first game and he's still being integrated. 

My 1B thing is seeing how Dinwiddie creates. He showed he could do it very well last year alongside Luka. In the pre-season he looked kinda ass. 

Some ancillary smaller goals I have:
  • Can Green create/drive at least 3 times in the game?
  • Can Hardy get on the court AND not get played off of it?
  • O/U on McGee shaqtin moments is 2.5 
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-18-2022, 12:05 PM)michaeltex Wrote: We all tune in because of Luka, but it takes a team.

Overall team defense, against a really good Western Conference offense.
Like Reply
(10-18-2022, 12:05 PM)michaeltex Wrote: We all tune in because of Luka...

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=82a1493b1wq3gjq3zw2ah29cct1...w.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply

Not expecting anything new from Luka, but I am going to see if Booker brings his A game and talk smack again if Phoenix wins.
Not expecting anything over the top from Wood, but he'd get a double-double, a few miscues and at least two angry dunks.
Not expecting Green to do anything we haven't seen before -- basically because I just don't want disappointment. But I expect gradual improvement from Green in the coming games.
I'm expecting Hardy would be the first priority in the group of (Hardy-Facu-Pinson-Dorsey). Frank will play ahead of him though.
Like Reply
I expect an A+, game 2 of the series, Phoenix performance. I expect them to be extremely motivated after the game 7 fiasco. I don't expect Mavs will be motivated more than just another regular season game. Based on this I won't be surprised by a blow out Phoenix win, that would actually have little analytics value due to specific circumstances.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply

I'm interested in seeing how the new team interacts.  The fit.  Not just the individual players.  The coaches as well.  I gravitated towards individual sports simply because: 1--maybe I'm not a good team player.  2--I hated players who wouldn't stay "home", take care of their business, and run roughshod over other team members.  3--I hated incompetent coaches.  Kidd seemed to do a good job last year.  I hope he improves this year.  I also hope he doesn't backslide into some of his old habits.

We DO have some adequate players.  It's up to the coaches to get the best out of them...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1582717901013798914?s=20&t=G4QW9sIU-L_IgCL87a3Beg
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(10-19-2022, 06:11 AM)omahen Wrote: I expect an A+, game 2 of the series, Phoenix performance. I expect them to be extremely motivated after the game 7 fiasco. I don't expect Mavs will be motivated more than just another regular season game. Based on this I won't be surprised by a blow out Phoenix win, that would actually have little analytics value due to specific circumstances.

Pretty much my feelings as well.

Although I also wouldn't discount the potential turmoil PHX is under. Owner is selling, Crowder is holding out, Paul is another year older, and you have 2 guys who are/were unhappy with how PHX handled their contract extensions (Cam+Ayton).

Lots of background turbulence.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...5826651136
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iam_DanaScott/status...4642433024
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DallasWings/status/1...3413001216
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...6190680064
Like Reply
Last time we faced the Suns was so much fun. Don’t know how/if I’ll be able to watch with the Bally nonsense but want all MFFLs that can watch it to experience that again tonight. Must win game.

Nvmd it’s ESPN, we’re on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
1.5 take calls leading to technicals tonight?  Over or under? I say 1 is guaranteed by Dallas Smile
Like Reply
[Image: Ffden3rUYAIL5I7?format=jpg&name=small]
Like Reply
If last night is any indication (and I suspect it is), the league is interested in stars starting hot and home teams winning games. I predict a big night for Luka and lots of fouls on every other Mav. Would not expect the season opener to be very predictive for how the rest of the season goes. But those of you who are conspiracy deniers, go ahead and poke fun at my belief.
Like Reply